Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Job Interview Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2009, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by AirportMgr
Now how long is is usually for the background check to go through, and how long until I might find out if I got the job?

Sean
You will have wait for your background check will be clearance sometime in between 3 or 5 days. You will have wait to see if they will accepted your new job. When you can go to work within approximately 3 or 5 days to be result your fingerprinted screening is cleared. They will called you when you can go to work and pick it up the SIDA badge.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 3:18 pm

Now how long is is usually for the background check to go through, and how long until I might find out if I got the job?
Since the background checks and fingerprinting aren't done by B6, it can take a while. 3-5 days minimum, though a few weeks is not uncommon. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but expect anywhere from 5 days to a month.

Good luck!
Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks again to evryone who posted their input. It has been very valuable and hopefully I will be working for an airline very soon.

On a side note: I am currently in college. Mt San Antonio College to be exact. And I usually take between 12-15 units a semester. Are airlines pretty nice to college students. I understand the bid system and ow schedules are based around that and of course the almighty seniority system. But anyone here who is in the same boat as me? College wise at least?
Old Jun 14, 2009, 4:12 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
The college part should not be a problem. If B6 has a union(that I'm not sure of) it is harder to work around your schedule. However after you've been there x number of days you can swap which is a great benefit. At my airline you must complete probation(90days) before you can swap.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 4:16 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
The college part should not be a problem. If B6 has a union(that I'm not sure of) it is harder to work around your schedule. However after you've been there x number of days you can swap which is a great benefit. At my airline you must complete probation(90days) before you can swap.
jetblue has no union. I know people from my training who are students down in the long beach/LA area and they have worked their schedules around school. You bid for a schedule every once in a while..but im not sure how long because up her in SEA we only have a few flights a day...
Old Jun 14, 2009, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Aaron..., I really hope I get this job because it falls into what could help jumpstart my career in airline or airport management.

Tomorrow I go for fingerprinting and such so that should be fun!
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Aaron..., I really hope I get this job because it falls into what could help jumpstart my career in airline or airport management.

Tomorrow I go for fingerprinting and such so that should be fun!
Great! Let us know how it going tomorrow. I'm sure you will be enjoyable work for JetBlue. So please write it down how is your work doing. Where are you will be in the office or etc.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
Great! Let us know how it going tomorrow. I'm sure you will be enjoyable work for JetBlue. So please write it down how is your work doing. Where are you will be in the office or etc.

I applied for an Airport Operations crew Member position for LAX. So it will be very exciting if I get it. I LOVE airplanes and to me being near them is like being a kid in a candy store. Now flying on them, is another story hahahahaha!!! Very much so afraid to fly
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I applied for an Airport Operations crew Member position for LAX. So it will be very exciting if I get it. I LOVE airplanes and to me being near them is like being a kid in a candy store. Now flying on them, is another story hahahahaha!!! Very much so afraid to fly
Great! I'm glad to hear it. Hope you will get it real soon. Let me know when they will hear from JetBlue will have to says.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 12:21 am
Original Poster

An Update............ said they would notify me by this upcoming week on if i got the job or not so still in the waiting....
Old Jun 21, 2009, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

An Update............ said they would notify me by this upcoming week on if i got the job or not so still in the waiting....
Let me know if you hear from JetBlue to be accepted your new job. It will take several days to get clearance your fingerprinted screening is done. They will let you go to work sometime in between 2 or 3 days.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Yes, please let us know. My guess is you will be ok. Good luck.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! Yeah I hope so, there were I think 9 people who were interviewed so maybe we'll all be in!!!
Old Jun 21, 2009, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! Yeah I hope so, there were I think 9 people who were interviewed so maybe we'll all be in!!!
Just keep prayer for your new job. It will be official from JetBlue to be accepted your new job. First thing to do. You will have go to orientation where you will learned how you will work for B6.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:10 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by N830MH
Just keep prayer for your new job. It will be official from JetBlue to be accepted your new job. First thing to do. You will have go to orientation where you will learned how you will work for B6.
orientation was the most boring part of the training. 2 days of just sitting there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.