Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Stuck in Long Beach - learned some interesting things

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stuck in Long Beach - learned some interesting things

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:19 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Outside of security, up above the main ticket lobby is a good restaurant called the prop room. If you don't mind going back thru security I would recommend eating there as the food is good and gives you a great overview of the field and our operations.
thanks! what's the beer selection like?

i also have a 4 hour layover at JFK on my way to OAK, i'm excited to see the new T5!
Old Dec 31, 2008, 4:52 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
They recently remodled and I don't get out to LGB much in the winter, but from what I remember they do have a pretty good beer selection.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 7:54 am

They recently remodled and I don't get out to LGB much in the winter, but from what I remember they do have a pretty good beer selection.
awesome thanks! first time on B6...i'm excited.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Follow-up from the delay

Hi folks,
Well, here's what ended up happening.

JetBlue did, infact, figure out a way to turn the inbound aircraft from Austin around to have it take us to San Francisco. I think they get big points for that. In my experience, United would have just stranded us with a cancelled flight (although, in their defense, United would have 30 other options to choose from so no biggie).

Even more so, JetBlue made good on their promise and sent ALL passengers on the flight a full refund for the entire trip due to the extraordinary circumstances. I received my voucher by email. I confirmed my other traveler, on a different PNR, received one also.

This actually seems more then reasonable - I would have been OK with a one-way voucher for the flight segment that was delayed so horribly. In addition, they put out free snacks and drinks in the concourse! I've never seen that done before.

I can't say this was a good experience. Airport to airport took nearly 12 hours for what is a 6 hour door to door drive! But I guess JetBlue can't have every plane working perfectly all the time. We know it, they know it, so at least they refunded the fare.

I won't stop flying JetBlue due to this incident (unlike United Express, which I've now learned to avoid at all costs). Thanks for being reasonable, B6!

- Darren
Old Jan 7, 2009, 3:32 am

Location: BOS. Postings are my personal observations and opinions only and do not reflect the official position of JetBlue Airways.
Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Hertz PC, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Bonvoy Ambassador
Thanks for working with us, Darren. Glad our LGB crew took good care of you.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 3:09 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by RdFltErr
Hi folks,
Well, here's what ended up happening.

JetBlue did, infact, figure out a way to turn the inbound aircraft from Austin around to have it take us to San Francisco. I think they get big points for that. In my experience, United would have just stranded us with a cancelled flight (although, in their defense, United would have 30 other options to choose from so no biggie).

Even more so, JetBlue made good on their promise and sent ALL passengers on the flight a full refund for the entire trip due to the extraordinary circumstances. I received my voucher by email. I confirmed my other traveler, on a different PNR, received one also.

This actually seems more then reasonable - I would have been OK with a one-way voucher for the flight segment that was delayed so horribly. In addition, they put out free snacks and drinks in the concourse! I've never seen that done before.

I can't say this was a good experience. Airport to airport took nearly 12 hours for what is a 6 hour door to door drive! But I guess JetBlue can't have every plane working perfectly all the time. We know it, they know it, so at least they refunded the fare.

I won't stop flying JetBlue due to this incident (unlike United Express, which I've now learned to avoid at all costs). Thanks for being reasonable, B6!

- Darren
Getting a full refund on a ticket when they actually got you there is a great deal so be happy!. Certainly would not have happend on UA or any other airline. You'd have been lucky to get 5K miles.

Great treatment by JetBlue.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by grahampros
Getting a full refund on a ticket when they actually got you there is a great deal so be happy!. Certainly would not have happend on UA or any other airline. You'd have been lucky to get 5K miles.

Great treatment by JetBlue.
Complete nonsense. I've received full refunds before from UA and AA in similar situations.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 9:53 am

well, flew B6 IAD-JFK-OAK...very impressed. i love the directv! and jfk T5 is unreal.

i just hope all goes well for my flights back tomorrow...SFO-LGB-IAD. loads look alright. i hope they're not full, but i doubt it since everyone is leaving washington and not going.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:56 am

just landed at 5am from LGB. all in all, i'm impressed with B6. i like the specialty drink offerings, but the price is a lil high. not a fan of $7 for pillows and blankets, but it is what it is. i love directv. makes the flight go quicker.

LGB, though, is a dump. but i was only connecting, so i'm sure it's really convenient for the locals...but connecting. man. i liked the bar/restaurant though! sitting outside was nice.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:34 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by haddon90
just landed at 5am from LGB. all in all, i'm impressed with B6. i like the specialty drink offerings, but the price is a lil high. not a fan of $7 for pillows and blankets, but it is what it is. i love directv. makes the flight go quicker.

LGB, though, is a dump. but i was only connecting, so i'm sure it's really convenient for the locals...but connecting. man. i liked the bar/restaurant though! sitting outside was nice.
I think you'll find a lot of B6 pax that share your complaints about the $7 pillow/blanket package and expecially the lack of a bar/restuarant at LGB. However, if memory serves me right, JetBlueFA did mention on time that there is one on the property that provides a good view of the airfield.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13c
I think you'll find a lot of B6 pax that share your complaints about the $7 pillow/blanket package and expecially the lack of a bar/restuarant at LGB. However, if memory serves me right, JetBlueFA did mention on time that there is one on the property that provides a good view of the airfield.
yeah, i went to the bar that had a great view of the apron...sat outside and everything. it was nice! 70 degrees compared to what it is now in DC.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 2:12 pm

yeah, i went to the bar that had a great view of the apron...sat outside and everything. it was nice! 70 degrees compared to what it is now in DC.
Don't remind me about the weather here in the northeast and it being better somewhere else.

How pricy is the bar at LGB?
Old Jan 21, 2009, 2:41 pm

Don't remind me about the weather here in the northeast and it being better somewhere else.

How pricy is the bar at LGB?
pricier then i thought it was going to be. but they serve beers in HUGE glasses.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 2:54 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Don't remind me! I'm in BUF right now and it is pretty chilly outside. Luckly my next trip takes me to FLL/PBI/FLL and then the trip following that has some nice SJU/HPN/SJU layovers!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:39 am

Don't remind me! I'm in BUF right now and it is pretty chilly outside. Luckly my next trip takes me to FLL/PBI/FLL and then the trip following that has some nice SJU/HPN/SJU layovers!
PBI, FLL, SJU ^
HPN, BUF

pricier then i thought it was going to be. but they serve beers in HUGE glasses.
I guess the two balance themselves out. How's the beer selection?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.