Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TrueBlueGal - TrueBlue Insider

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2009, 7:36 pm

Programs: trueblue
TruBlueGal

Thank you for checking in. Do you think the new True Blue will be 2nd or 3rd quarter of 09?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TrueBlueGal
Wow there is so much I could tell you about the new TrueBlue program! But unfortunatley I do have to wait! I can say that it truly will be the product that you have been asking for.
Are you sure?

Because initial guesses suggest the new TrueBlue will be nothing at all like anything we've been asking for.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: TrueBlue
Originally Posted by billymach4
Thank you for checking in. Do you think the new True Blue will be 2nd or 3rd quarter of 09?
We are sincerely hoping to have it in place by 3rd quarter. There is so much involved, but we are doing our best to move as quickly as possible!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: TrueBlue
Originally Posted by nerd
Are you sure?

Because initial guesses suggest the new TrueBlue will be nothing at all like anything we've been asking for.
I'm not at all sure where those guesses came from. Most of that information is stuff that I have never heard of. I'd give anything to dispell some of the rumors your hearing, but at this point I can only assure you that it IS the product most of you have been asking for. Until things are made official- please don't believe everything you read!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm not at all sure where those guesses came from. Most of that information is stuff that I have never heard of. I'd give anything to dispell some of the rumors your hearing, but at this point I can only assure you that it IS the product most of you have been asking for. Until things are made official- please don't believe everything you read!
They came from surveys sent by the jetBlue marketing department. Hard to believe that group, huh?

I hope things really are better than what they look to be so far, but I'm having a hard time believing that they can be all that much different.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 2:09 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by sbm12
They came from surveys sent by the jetBlue marketing department. Hard to believe that group, huh?

I hope things really are better than what they look to be so far, but I'm having a hard time believing that they can be all that much different.
Just because something is in a survey does not mean it's going to happen. Additionally, your reviews of TB2 are geared towards the road warrior, and not the average jetter. I'm sure the program enhancements will be great.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 2:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Just because something is in a survey does not mean it's going to happen. Additionally, your reviews of TB2 are geared towards the road warrior, and not the average jetter. I'm sure the program enhancements will be great.
The part where the survey starts with "We're fine tuning our program based on your responses and have some questions about these details" makes it seem a lot like that is where they are going. I have stated with no reservations that I do not know for certain that the observations I've made are accurate since it is all pre-announcement information. Still, I would be very surprised if the TB2 program comes off dramatically different than how it is looking right now.

As for the "average jetter" I'm not so sure. Am I a "road warrior?" I traveled fewer than 5000 miles for work last year and zero so far this year without any sign of that changing on the horizon. So where do I fit in the scheme? I am a very frequent traveler, which would seem to me to be the type of customer that a company that provides travel services would want to engage. The 1-3x annual traveler isn't worth nearly as much a the 1-3x monthly traveler is to an airline. Designing a loyalty program to woo the former seems shortsighted to me.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So TrueBlueGal - how many other indicators that TB is moving to a spending-based program before you admit you have no clue what is going on there?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetbl...s-group-3.html

(And I will extend my apology ahead of time if it turns out we were wrong...)
Old Jun 9, 2009, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TrueBlueGal: It's been 2-3 months of total silence. Are you still hanging around here?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
I know im not TBG, but don't worry, it's coming. I heard that from Robin Hayes, our CRO last month. He said sometime by the end of this year.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 5:04 pm

Oct '08:
the TrueBlue program is currently in the process of some pretty cool changes- hopefully by the end of quarter one, maybe beginning of quarter two of '09.
Mar '09:
Wow there is so much I could tell you about the new TrueBlue program! But unfortunatley I do have to wait!... You can only imagine how excited we are to roll it out! ...We are sincerely hoping to have it in place by 3rd quarter.
Speedily a tale is spun;
With much less speed a deed is done.

Not to pick too many nits, but while I am sure that TBG is enthusiastic about her posts, it really doesn't help that probably 75% of her sentences end in exclamation points.

Cheers,
Old Jun 13, 2009, 12:31 pm

Programs: trueblue
I might be a little selfish on this point. Let them take their time while they rework the program. For now it suits me just fine.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 5:57 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Any word on future markets to be served? At one time, they were supposed to use the Embraers to serve smaller markets to feed to JFK and focus cities. My home airport (GSP) was supposedly on a short list to be included in that.

Then,... Well, the last 8 years have been a roller coaster, but is it possible that some of this might still come to pass??
Old Jun 23, 2009, 8:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by gsupstate
Any word on future markets to be served? At one time, they were supposed to use the Embraers to serve smaller markets to feed to JFK and focus cities. My home airport (GSP) was supposedly on a short list to be included in that.

Then,... Well, the last 8 years have been a roller coaster, but is it possible that some of this might still come to pass??
According to a pocket session with our Chief Revenue Officer, Robin Hayes, Kingston was the last destination to be announced for 2009 service. That, of course, is subject to change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.