Search

Refund b/c of ONT pullout?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Location: NY Tri state- but hangs out in nicer weather in west coast
Programs: CO Plat, National VIP, Avis PC,
Refund b/c of ONT pullout?

I have a flight from ONT to JFK on AUG 31, and I am returning on sept 10th to BUR.

Because of the cancellations of operations out of ONT on the 3rd, it can cause big headaches for me in future flights, and things would be much easier to fly out of a different airport.
Is there a way I can get Jetblue to give me money credit for these flights and I can reuse it at a later point?

Thanks
Old Jul 30, 2008, 12:18 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by ghurty
I have a flight from ONT to JFK on AUG 31, and I am returning on sept 10th to BUR.

Because of the cancellations of operations out of ONT on the 3rd, it can cause big headaches for me in future flights, and things would be much easier to fly out of a different airport.
Is there a way I can get Jetblue to give me money credit for these flights and I can reuse it at a later point?

Thanks
I believe so but you should call them. 1-800-JetBlue
Old Jul 30, 2008, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't know that they will issue you a refund for flights that you have booked that are not affected by the service change. I don't really think that they have to, though you might get a CSR who will do it for you. But the change doesn't affect the flight you have booked.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 9:10 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
That is a tought question. I think if you posed the question just like you di on here you might get a favorable response, "Driving to ONT to fly out, leaving you car, then having to find a way to get from LGB to ONT because we dropped service." I think if you would just explain that it would be easier if you could just change your departure to LGB instead so you will have access to transportation you could get it changed.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Is this how you purchased your ticket? Did you buy ONT-JFK and JFK-BUR or was it changed via schedule change? If the booking was made intentionally I do not see where a refund would come into play. If it was changed by JetBlue, then I think a call into CS would be appropriate.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 7:44 pm

agreed with JAX2BOS. If the airline made the change and doesn't fufill the service you've paid for, then you are entitled to a full refund back to your credit card.

I've gotten back money for several such incidents from Untied where they scrubbed fights for weather, mechanical, etc or changed the routing from a nonstop to ones involving a layover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.