Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetViews - JetBlue online focus group

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetViews - JetBlue online focus group

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2009, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Another survey this morning, but not about TrueBlue. It looks like they are trying to get a feel for spending habits and business travel. Since my travel is (almost) all leisure my version of the survey was very short, but it seems that it could have been much longer if I had answered the biz travel question differently.
Firstly, we know it’s tough out there at the moment and many of you are probably thinking about cutting back on travel, so we just wanted to know your thoughts on traveling by air for the remainder of 2009.

Which statements best describes your current intentions?

Please select one response only.
I am probably going to fly much less this year than I did last year
I am probably going to fly slightly less this year
I am going to fly about the same number of flights this year as last
I am going to fly slightly more this year
I am going to be flying much more in this year

What do you think about the economy? When do you think we will see it improve?

No improvement until 2011
No improvement until 2010
Some improvement in late 2009
Some improvement in the middle of 2009
No idea, I can’t see into the future!
No opinion

Have you been regularly flying for business over the past 18 months?

Yes
No

And lastly, how do you feel about spending money in general at the moment?

I am keeping my wallet closed for the foreseeable future for anything other than necessities
I am keeping a cautious eye on my money, but am spending on a few things
I am spending money on all the usual things
I am actually spending more now than I was 3 months ago
Don’t really know/no opinion

Old May 9, 2009, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Just filled out the same four-question survey. First JetViews survey AFAIK that had nothing to do with JetBlue or TrueBlue per se. Looks like they are trying to get a handle on how much inventory to offer toward the end of the year. Strange that in the first question there was no differentiation between business and leisure travel; I am flying fewer leisure trips but business trip rate is unchanged, and I do not fly business trips in B6.
Old May 10, 2009, 8:03 pm

Programs: *wood Plat, HH Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by karmasalad
I fly about once a month between NYC - LA, so there are plenty of options on that route. I choose to stay with JetBlue because of the current TB program. If TB2 is a dollar-based program, there's no major incentive to stay with them. Granted, VX's program is also dollar-based, but I find their in-flight experience to be better (RED, power outlets, wifi).

I'm crossing my fingers that TB2 will still be distance-based, but from the looks of things, I doubt it.
At the end of the day, there has to be a solution to make TB2 competitive with Skymiles and AA.
Old May 10, 2009, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m757222
At the end of the day, there has to be a solution to make TB2 competitive with Skymiles and AA.
There is, but it depends on the travel habits of the customers they intend to appeal to. And I don't think that they are going to appeal to the heavy fliers in the new scheme while most of the legacy carriers' programs do.

In other words, they could choose to be competitive that way but I doubt they will.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Some decisions have been made, it seems

Rather than a survey today there was a newsletter. In the newsletter they included some of the results from the recent surveys and it seems some decisions have been made. Considering that they originally planned to have TB2 out this summer that is probably a good thing, though I have to say I'm not a huge fan of some of the decisions they appear to have made.
Earning points from cash spent instead of distance flown
Many of you were concerned about being penalized for booking really low fares. We understand this concern and are designing the program so it’s easier to redeem more flights and earn points in multiple ways.

Like - 56%
Neutral - 22%
Dislike - 22%
Not all that surprising to me that it turned out this way, but mostly because I don't think most of traveling public really tries to leverage these programs as much as FTers do (at least this FTer ). Reading through the marketing in the last line there is seems that this is a foregone conclusion, with B6 trying to make up for the "hurt" of cheap travelers by adding more earning partners which generally aren't a great deal for the consumer. And I read "easier to redeem more flights" as a dollar-based redemption scheme, though they don't say "on all flights" so maybe not. Then again, were I making that change I wouldn't announce it officially until it was truly announced.

Family Pooling

There are no doubts about this one. You spoke loud and clear and told us that Family Pooling is a great idea. We’re happy to tell you we intend to implement this in phase two of our program, so stay tuned!

Like - 86%
Neutral - 14%
Hardly a surprise. Even I'm not against this one and I don't really travel with family.
Points don’t expire as long as you travel with us once a year

This is a simple one: As long as you travel with us, you keep your points. Who could argue with that?

Like - 99%
Neutral - 1%
Who is that one 1%??? I'd rather it was "as long as you have activity on the account" since they are going to focus so much on partners, but this isn't so horrible.
Professional Jetter status for those who spend a lot with us

We understand that this isn’t for everyone. But rest assured that we won’t be implementing ‘first class’, and we definitely won’t be lowering our high standards or service for all our customers. We just want to do a little bit more for those of you who jet with us a lot.

Like - 49%
Neutral - 14%
Dislike - 36%
Well, I guess we know that a F cabin isn't coming. Hard to know what else they'll include based on this but I'd bet on pre-boarding and priority security lines, along with some fee waivers like 2nd bags or something.

And I wasn't one of the winners of the free tickets for participating in the surveys.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 1:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Knowing that TB2 will not be my "friend", I made two sets of reservations today (that I would have made on JetBlue even if it cost a few dollars more) on Virgin to take advantage of their new coast to coast sale ($109 each way).
Old Jun 2, 2009, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
This is a simple one: As long as you travel with us, you keep your points. Who could argue with that?

Like - 99%
Neutral - 1%
Who is that one 1%???
There are some people who benefit from the current system. The 12-month point expiration, forced award issuance, and award expiration must sharply reduce the demand on award inventory.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Long Distance
Knowing that TB2 will not be my "friend", I made two sets of reservations today (that I would have made on JetBlue even if it cost a few dollars more) on Virgin to take advantage of their new coast to coast sale ($109 each way).
Interesting move, as eleVAte is not much better as a program.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Interesting move, as eleVAte is not much better as a program.
That is the point. TB2 makes the program irrelevant to me. Both have equal inflight entertainment (but Jetblue does have Trish ).

Today I made the decision based on price. If TB2 was not coming I would have spent the additional fifty or so dollars round trip and stayed with Jetblue.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
I think I am done with B6. I have been sticking with Delta this year.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 6:13 am

I will let SBM fill in the details, but today's JetViews is all about upgrading the entertainment options, including a possible HBO option, NFL Sunday Ticket, larger screens, Ipod adapters. Of course, they also ask how much you are willing to pay for these features.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Long Distance
I will let SBM fill in the details, but today's JetViews is all about upgrading the entertainment options, including a possible HBO option, NFL Sunday Ticket, larger screens, Ipod adapters. Of course, they also ask how much you are willing to pay for these features.
You know me so well. I think you just didn't want to deal with the formatting issues.

But, you're right. I was planning on posting this today and have been busy. Here are the details:

Thanks for clicking through to take this survey.

We’re looking for some specific feedback today about the on-board entertainment system for JetBlue flights. What you like, dislike, use, don’t use, and thoughts on how we might improve it.

When you fly on JetBlue, which statement best describes your feeling toward the live television programming we have on board?

I love it, it’s one of the main reasons I fly with JetBlue
It’s great to have if I need something to keep me occupied
It’s not bad, but I don’t typically watch much TV on board
I don’t really notice it
Not a fan

JetBlue's in-flight entertainment system offers 36 channels of live television programming for free, including networks such as NBC and popular cable stations - such as MTV and Bravo.

If you had the option of an additional 40 cable channels (such USA, TNT, etc.), in addition to the 36 you already get for free, what would you consider a fair price to access these additional channels?

Less than $3
$3
$5
$6
$8
$10
I wouldn’t want to access these channels at any price, not interested
I chose the last option so I got this question:
Is there a reason you aren't interested in these extra channels?

Please select all that apply.
JetBlue’s free channels are sufficient entertainment
The selection of additional channels are not compelling
Not worth the extra money
Don’t watch television onboard
Other, please type in

Have you ever purchased a JetBlue Features pay-per-view movie onboard?

Yes
No
Again, I chose no and got these:
Is there a reason you haven't purchased a JetBlue Features pay-per-view movie?

Please select all that apply.
There are sufficient free options on the live TV
Movie selections often don’t appeal to me
I’m not interested in watching when the movie starts early on in the flight
I’m not aware when the movies start
The screen quality is not great for watching movies
Other, please type in a reason

In an effort to make some of the pay-per-view programming more interesting, JetBlue is also exploring other premium in-flight entertainment options, such as NFL Sunday Ticket and HBO.

If we were to add these, what would you consider a fair price to access these additional channels?

Less than $3
$3
$5
$6
$8
$10
I wouldn’t want to watch these channels at any price, not interested

If you could change one thing about JetBlue’s in-flight entertainment system, what would it be?

Bigger screen
Better picture quality
More live television channels
Offer special events
More movies
Other, please type in

If we added a personal entertainment device (such as an iPod) adapter to the current in-flight entertainment system, allowing you to watch programming from your iPod on the screen at your seat, would you use this feature?

Yes
No, I prefer watching on my own device
No, I do not usually have a personal entertainment device with me
Don’t know

If JetBlue were to upgrade its in-flight entertainment system by installing bigger and higher resolution screens and adding more options (both free and paid), which statement best describes your feelings towards flying on JetBlue?

Would definitely fly JetBlue more often
Would probably fly more often
Wouldn’t change how often I fly with JetBlue
I fly JetBlue all the time anyway!
No opinion

For each of the airlines below, what do you think of their onboard entertainment system compared to ours?

Please select one response for each item.
Much worse than JetBlue Slightly worse than JetBlue About the same as Jet Blue Slightly better than JetBlue Much better than JetBlue Never used their entertainment system
United Airlines
Frontier Airlines
AirTran
Delta
Continental
Alaska Airlines
American Airlines
Virgin America

Do you have any comments about the on-board entertainment systems on other airlines? Anything you think they do well or not so well?

Any other comments free response

My read is that they are looking at loading the LiveTV3 system onto the fleet with the expanded channel selection but they also want to have folks paying for it rather than doing it for free. My comments were basically that I won't pay for the TV on the plane at all and that I'd prefer internet - functional and free - but I don't know how well that will play.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I had a chance to try out CO's new DirecTV system last week, which takes a $6 card swipe, and I was very impressed -- pic stability and quality beat JetBlue. I told the JetViews survey I wouldn't be paying any surcharges on B6 to unlock HBO, movies, etc. but I thought the $6 charge on CO was pretty fair -- I saw a whole Red Sox-Tigers game.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 12:59 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status
That's interesting, my latest jetviews was similar, but not the same as the one immediately above.

Mine was about entertainment and fees in general, but I don't recall the specificity of mentioned additional channels, and so on
Old Jul 2, 2009, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Two questions last night - Did I use OLCI last time I flew and how was it. Yes and very easy and they needed nothing more from me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.