Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Promo - 10% off for October travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2008, 5:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Not a bad deal if you're looking to book some travel for later this year. Columbus Day weekend is blacked out (highlighted below).

We've missed you! As a valued TrueBlue member we would like to give you 10% off each way when you book by June 26 for travel between September 3 and October 31, 2008.

It's never too early to start planning an exciting, end-of-summer or fall adventure. Just click here and enter Promotion Code OCTJET2 when you select your flights. Remember, you must click through this email to take advantage of this offer and travel must be completed by October 31, 2008.

Terms and Restrictions for Promotional Code:
*Offer ends June 26, 2008 at 11:59 PM MT. Discount valid for 10% off of o/w travel (or 20% off of r/t travel) purchased between June 23, 2008 and June 26, 2008, 11:59 PM MT, for travel between September 3, 2008 and October 31, 2008. Blackout dates are between October 9. 2008 and October 14, 2008. Discount will be deducted off of base fare. If Promo code travel is changed outside of this window or cancelled, discount will be forfeited and you will be responsible fare difference plus $100 change/cancel fee per person. Cancellations are for a JetBlue travel credit only, which is valid for one year. If a reservation is not changed or canceled prior to scheduled departure, all money associated with the reservation is forfeited. Promo code may be used only toward newly-booked travel and may not be applied to existing travel or changes to travel. Promo Code may not be redeemed for cash. Promo Code may be used only for flight purchase made via jetblue.com. Promo code is transferable. Promo Code may not be used in conjunction with other special offers or towards the purchase of a JetBlue Gift Card, Getaways vacation packages, JetBlue Cruise or already booked flights. All fares must be purchased at time of reservation, and are one-way, and nontransferable. JetBlue reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers without proper documentation. DIRECTV(r) service is not available on flights outside the continental US. Other restrictions apply. ©2008 JetBlue Airways.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:32 am

Programs: Credit Cards
guess they don't miss me as much:

Book now and save $10 each way!

It's never too early to start planning an exciting, end-of-summer or fall adventure. Book now through June 26 for travel between September 3 and October 31, 2008 and save $10 each way!

Just click here and enter Promotion Code OCTJET when you select your flights. Remember, you must click through this email to take advantage of this offer and travel must be completed by October 31, 2008.

Happy Jetting!

Terms and Restrictions for Promotional Code:
*Offer ends June 26, 2008 at 11:59 PM MT. Discount valid for 10% off of o/w travel (or 20% off of r/t travel) purchased between June 23, 2008 and June 26, 2008, 11:59 PM MT, for travel between September 3, 2008 and October 31, 2008. Blackout dates are between October 9. 2008 and October 14, 2008. Discount will be deducted off of base fare. If Promo code travel is changed outside of this window or cancelled, discount will be forfeited and you will be responsible fare difference plus $100 change/cancel fee per person. Cancellations are for a JetBlue travel credit only, which is valid for one year. If a reservation is not changed or canceled prior to scheduled departure, all money associated with the reservation is forfeited. Promo code may be used only toward newly-booked travel and may not be applied to existing travel or changes to travel. Promo Code may not be redeemed for cash. Promo Code may be used only for flight purchase made via jetblue.com. Promo code is transferable. Promo Code may not be used in conjunction with other special offers or towards the purchase of a JetBlue Gift Card, Getaways vacation packages, JetBlue Cruise or already booked flights. All fares must be purchased at time of reservation, and are one-way, and nontransferable. JetBlue reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers without proper documentation. DIRECTV(r) service is not available on flights outside the continental US. Other restrictions apply. ©2008 JetBlue Airways.

Just noticed that the terms and conditions seems to be copied and pasted from the 10% promo

--Russ
Old Jun 23, 2008, 8:38 am

Are they really offering 20% off a roundtrip? See the T&Cs!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

I missed the 20% bit in my initial reading of it. Good catch. My guess is that the 20% was supposed to be $20 based on $10 each way and someone did a search/replace for $/%. Whoopsie.

I would expect to only get 10%, not 20%.

It is also worth checking the actual fares on your routes before choosing which code to use. The break-even point is $100 in base fare each way. Over that the 10% will get you more than the $10.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Any idea if this is targeted? I haven't seen it in any of the B6 accounts I manage for the family. And I've got a friend headed to SJU who could really use one!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:38 pm

I think that someone with a fundamental misunderstanding of math wrote the fine print on this offer. I clicked the link and used the code to attempt to book a roundtrip. Sure enough, it gave me 10% off one way...and 10% off the other way. That's 10% off a roundtrip, not 20% off. Do you think they'll correct the typo or actually offer 20% off on roundtrips?

UPDATE: I think I get it now. OCTJET gives $10 off one ways, $20 off roundtrip. OCTJET2 gives 10% off, one-way or roundtrip. Someone must've cut and pasted the terms without doing adequate copy editing. Either that, or my first theory remains correct.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:56 pm

Anyone have any luck getting them to honor the 20% off? Usually companies are required to honor discounts as written when they advertise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.