Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T5/T6 Tour 6/6/08

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2008, 5:17 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
I actually wrote that article, and I am so thrilled they included sbm12's link! Enjoy!
Awsome! A well written article. Here is the complete article;

TrueBlue history was made last Friday when we hosted our first official gathering of select TrueBlue members. The event provided the opportunity for us to give some of our most loyal customers a behind-the-scenes tour of our future home at JFK T5. The event was created through discussions held on the popular online travel community, FlyerTalk.com.

Fifteen JetBlue enthusiasts and loyal TrueBlue members attended the tour, with some coming from as far away as Sacramento. Our guests’ backgrounds ranged from frequent business travelers to occasional leisure travelers; some passionate aviation fanatics and avid followers of the airline industry (one even works for another airline). Many of these individuals publish their own travel blogs, in addition to contributing to the incredibly active discussions on FlyerTalk.

Jeff Nesbit, Director Redevelopment, led the group on an extensive tour of the new facility. As expected, this group of TrueBlue members is very excited for the upcoming opening of T5 and loved the new facility. Following their tour, they took part in a Q&A session with Crewmembers from Corporate Real Estate, Marketing, Corporate Communications and other areas.

Judging by the post-event responses on FlyerTalk, the group was very appreciative of the opportunity to tour our new facility and interact with our Crewmembers. To see photos and feedback from one tour participant, click here.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 5:19 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by sbm12
This does explain the strange spike in traffic on by blog today from Kew Gardens. Thanks for the link!
A lot of flight/inflight crews have places in Kew Gardens! A lot of JetBlue folks looking at what you have to say!!
Old Jun 10, 2008, 5:53 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Wink Great job on the terminal

With the addition of the new T5 , JFK will become a world class airport . I already like the design of T5 better than T8 . This will mean half of the JFK airport terminals been built in the last 10 years (T1,T4,T5,T8). Before B6 got here JFK was the dumps . My guess is that the T2/T3 redevelopment may not happen for a while (I ready something about a 20$ study to figure out what to do with T2/T3). Any way , kudos to B6 for coming in early and under budget. I look forward to booking my next flight on B6.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by bmg42000
With the addition of the new T5 , JFK will become a world class airport . I already like the design of T5 better than T8 . This will mean half of the JFK airport terminals been built in the last 10 years (T1,T4,T5,T8). Before B6 got here JFK was the dumps . My guess is that the T2/T3 redevelopment may not happen for a while (I ready something about a 20$ study to figure out what to do with T2/T3). Any way , kudos to B6 for coming in early and under budget. I look forward to booking my next flight on B6.

And don't forget, BA will soon start their refresh their beloved T7.

That leaves the dysfunctional T2 and T3 as the "sick men" of JFK.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 11:06 am

Tour photos now posted!

Two FT DOs in two weeks!

First the B6 JFK tour and last week the Starwood Aloft launch party!

Yesterday I got around to opening a Flickr account. You can see my photos of the B6 tour at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/globeho...7605621467780/

and if interested in the Aloft party, at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/globeho...7605604766592/

Comments are welcome!
Old Apr 17, 2009, 9:23 pm

Programs: trueblue
bump

bump it up
Old Apr 17, 2009, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by billymach4
bump it up
Um..why?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:15 pm

This was so much fun. With T5 hitting its 10 yr anniversary 10/22, I hope there is some fun event like this to commemorate it.
sbm12 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

I found a sticker from that event the other day while unpacking boxes.

Dunno that there will be an official event but I might try to make a day trip down to hang out in the terminal for the anniversary.
diburning and decerbod like this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:39 am

Had that sticker on my Chromebook until it died! Miss it.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by sbm12
Dunno that there will be an official event...
If anyone was wondering, no, there wasn't. All they did was send out an internal email about the future of T5 and the future T6. I'd imagine that they don't have the budget or the morale for an official event since they had just announced those corporate level job cuts around that time as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.