Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Pay for your JetBlue flights with PayPal and save $20

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Got this in email today....

Save $20 on JetBlue flights with PayPal - click here

'Now you can pay for your JetBlue flights quickly and easily with PayPal! In celebration of our new partnership, for a limited time, all PayPal customers get $20 cash back on their next flight purchase at jetblue.com.

Simply pay with PayPal at checkout and you will receive a $20 credit in your PayPal account. Please note that the discount will not display on the JetBlue website at time of purchase but will be rebated to your PayPal account.

Book now, this offer ends soon

You'll get $20 cash back, plus you'll get to fly to any of our more than 50 great destinations and enjoy comfy leather seats, free TV, free snacks, lots of legroom and much more. Hurry and book now, this offer is available to the first 4,500 customers only! Offer can only be used once by each PayPal customer. Purchased air travel must be completed by June 18, 2008. Terms and conditions apply.'
Old Apr 17, 2008, 12:25 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Smile

I tried taking advantage of this offer last night after I got home from work.

It was about midnight, I was tired, the deal looked good and I completely ignored the fine print.

Sadly, it all went horribly wrong!

First, this is a PayPal rebate so the savings do not show up on your Jet Blue reservations page.

Second, if you choose a credit card (say a Jet Blue AMEX) as your funding option for PayPal in the middle of booking a reservation, like me you will probably get an error message.

Third, the offer is limited to the first 4500 people that take advantage of this offer so you better hurry.

I ended up bookign it around 1am, realized it was before the 6am promotion start time, called to see if I could do anything about it and found out you need to travel before June 18th.... My trip was for June 30th... so next time I will read the fine print first.

I asked the customer service rep to switch my payment from PayPal to my Jet Blue AMEX card in order to get some double award dollars... I'll be waiting to see if that happens.

Oh well.

--Russ
Old Apr 18, 2008, 4:28 pm
Suspended

NEVER EVER buy airfare with PayPal. You will have NO RECOURSE when the airline folds! Use a credit card only (direct)!!
Old Apr 19, 2008, 6:52 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
NEVER EVER buy airfare with PayPal. You will have NO RECOURSE when the airline folds! Use a credit card only (direct)!!
Uhhh... I didn't know JetBlue on its way out. As long as your not flying Skybus or some other no-name start-up with purchasing tickets 6 months out, you'll be alright.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 2:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
As it so happens, I just booked a flight on Jet Blue last night and paid by PayPal. However I am not too worried about taking a loss because I only paid the $2.50 fee to use a truepass award.

Just a reminder, that should the airline fold, you only have 60 days from the statement date to protest the charge, so even if you use a credit card but buy your ticket 4 months in advance, you still have no recourse.

-Fuzz
Old Apr 21, 2008, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA, AS, B6, HA
Originally Posted by 8afuzzball
I just booked a flight on Jet Blue last night and paid by PayPal. However I am not too worried about taking a loss because I only paid the $2.50 fee to use a truepass award.
so did that transaction still qualify for the $20 off?
Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:36 pm

Quick question to those that used PayPal to pay for their Jet Blue tickets.

How many times does this transaction appear on your PayPal account?

I have 4 total.... 1st one says Payment is "Completed" to JetBlue, 2nd says transfer was made from my Bank ot PayPal account to pay JetBlue, 3rd says Payment "Is in Progress" to Jet Blue, and 4th says Payment is "Pending" to Jet Blue.

This Boston trip is looking to be pretty expensive until it all gets sorted out.

I'm still waiting to see if they will actually switch the form of payment to my B6 amex as I requested just minutes after making the mistake of paying with PayPal.

--Russ
Old Apr 22, 2008, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Seat13c
Uhhh... I didn't know JetBlue on its way out. As long as your not flying Skybus or some other no-name start-up with purchasing tickets 6 months out, you'll be alright.
Purchasing a ticket with a CC offers - by far - the best consumer protection available in the USA. While I do not think that B6 is going to disappear anytime soon, I also don't know that I would be willing to sacrifice the protection afforded to me just to save $20. ATA wasn't a no-name airline, and its decision to shut down operations was sudden and somewhat unexpected, especially for everyone in Hawaii. Aloha may have been slightly more expected, but most thought that reorg was more likely than cessation of operations.

It becomes a judgement call of the value of the $20. For me, it is not worth it to forego the protection that the CC offers for a purchase on ANY airline.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 11:40 am

just an update to my previous post:

Jet Blue refunded my PayPal account today and charged my Jet Blue Amex instead just like Tiffany promissed.

sbm12 you're absolutely right, $20 bux isn't worth the hassle.

--Russ
Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:09 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, United Premier Exec, Virgin Gold
Is this only valid for US residents as everytime I try to book some flights I get this error code:

L1058306040

Can anyone help?
Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:35 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by ade99
Is this only valid for US residents as everytime I try to book some flights I get this error code:

L1058306040

Can anyone help?
Being that it is an online deal, calling 1-800-JetBlue wouldn't be much of a help. Try hitting the speak up button.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 5:29 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

The fine print says the travel must occur by 6/30/2008, but then says 6/18/2008, so it makes no sense, obviously they are only going to honor the 6/18. Rubbish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.