Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus partnership now bookable

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus partnership now bookable

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2008, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Thumbs up Aer Lingus partnership now bookable

Customers starting in Dublin on Aer Lingus can now connect on to a JetBlue flight at JFK. Even frequent flyers will even recieve credit for booking and traveling on each other's equipment

Jetblue and Aer Lingus Partnership
Old Apr 4, 2008, 5:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Even frequent flyers will even recieve credit for booking and traveling on each other's equipment
Sortof.

Flights on EI will earn points on EI. Flights on B6 will earn points on B6. No earning for flights on the other carrier in your home program.

Interestingly, it looks like some of the fares may not be stricy addition of EI + B6 fares. Looking at one example (RDU-DUB, July 20) shows $566 for the through booking or $476 + $114=$590. The difference is probably just taxes somewhere, but ther does seem to be some differences.

And the search interface on the Aer Lingus site is having trouble handling the connecting flights. It took me several tries to generate a successful search. ITA is not showing the combinations for its fare constructions.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I just quickly browsed through it. I found a flight, in September, DUB-JFK-AUS for $270 one way. It's only bookable to certain cities. It reminds me of the old Soutwest/ATA Partnership, it started off slow before really taking off, let's just hope we have a different ending!
Old Apr 4, 2008, 7:35 pm

The link you provided seems to have expired and I cannot create one that doesn't expire, so for those looking, just go to the main www.aerlingus.com site and switch to US as your country on the top and the ad should be big in the middle of the screen.

As for the arrangement, I searched another one-way fare, FLL-DUB on 30 April. Only two options show on the EI search, with both schedules offered as $15 less than the two segments purchased apart. That one is just taxes, specifically:
Tax: US Transportation Tax $12.14
Tax: US Flight Segment Tax $3.50
These taxes don't get charged for flights that get farther than 225 (or 250) miles from the US border, so that explains the difference.

And ITA does show some combinations, but not all of them, so be careful in searching.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 7:39 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Awesome! I never noticed how low fares are to Ireland. Worth considering a trip over there.

Why are these tickets not bookable via jetblue.com as well? I'm guessing it will be in the future if they can build it into the system?

I see they added a new link to the right of the route map which is brilliant. However, they should still draw the lines kind of like what they did with the CapeAir partnership.

Also, why are some cities in B6's network not available? ie. Orlando.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 7:41 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Also, why are some cities in B6's network not available? ie. Orlando.
Doesn't EI fly there nonstop?
Old Apr 5, 2008, 8:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by joejones
Doesn't EI fly there nonstop?
yes they do
Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Awesome! I never noticed how low fares are to Ireland.

not in the summer.. but all transatlantic flights are at least 850 this summer. I've checked everything from BOS and the only thing close to 900 was aerlingus to SNN/DUB. A lot of non-stops from BOS-Europe are close to 1200!
Old Apr 8, 2008, 5:29 pm

EI & UA Hook UP

I wonder if this will affect the B6 partnership at all... http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...re/0384649.htm

It seems that all EI's TATL flights will have a UA code on them as of November 1, 2008. And Booking from the EI website will allow access to UA's domestic network. Oh, and FF redemption will be available across the partnership, too.

Probably not good for the B6 arrangement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.