Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BlueTurn...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2008, 3:40 pm

Programs: VX unless destination indicates otherwise (damn hippieanarchistville--EUG--and PHX)
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Well technically we do 3 services on the transcon day flights. They aren't 3 full services but break down like so. First initial service is a full selection of drinks and snacks from the snack basket. Halfway through the flight is a water service for the cabin. 1.5hrs out from landing we had out the Lorna Dunes and another full selection of drinks. Plus we have a snack basket set up in the rear galley for the who like to munch. So those flights have a lot of cans, cups, bottles, and wrappers floating around the cabin.

Personally, when I'm on a flight that is late, like my last flight which has a security issue, we didn't clean as well in hopes as getting back out on time. I think most customers are willing to sacrafice a little dirt in the aircraft if they will arrive ontime at the destination..right?
OK, then there were 2 services because at the end the FA's came down with some water. I don't drink water on planes because I have a paranoia about bacteria in the tanks. I prefer sparkling water from a can. I can understand that there is a lot of trash after a TransCon, so a 45 minute turn should be expected (especially with JFK delays, as it relates to JFK-SEA)

Sorry Seat13c, I never knew people cared for oil refineries . Every time I go to NJ I am reminded of Futurama when Fry looks for an apartment, sees a nice one in NJ and then goes back to his office and says "not one place remotely liveable." I agree with Fry. Anyway, I'm sorry you're from NJ but I don't hold it against you

Back to airline talk. The flights I was on were not redeyes so maybe I got spoiled by my times on B6 that CO seems terrible.

Good one, ConciergeMike. Though at EWR it is very annoying to walk out and the temperature is at freezing, then walking through the empty garage to parking (in the A gates). I also prefer JFK because there is more varied selection of aircraft/airline than at EWR.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 3:54 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by prismwiz
OK, then there were 2 services because at the end the FA's came down with some water. I don't drink water on planes because I have a paranoia about bacteria in the tanks. I prefer sparkling water from a can. I can understand that there is a lot of trash after a TransCon, so a 45 minute turn should be expected (especially with JFK delays, as it relates to JFK-SEA).
The spring water isn't from the tanks as i wouldn't drink it either lol. I'd hate to see those tanks after a lifetime of service! I've seen flight attendants carry a tray of water for the last service but many of them have their pad with them to take orders. I do it that way as well. Through my time I have found that 90% of the customers want water that late in the flight. I have my pad with a tray of water. I still take the soda, and juice orders.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 4:37 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Sorry Seat13c, I never knew people cared for oil refineries . Every time I go to NJ I am reminded of Futurama when Fry looks for an apartment, sees a nice one in NJ and then goes back to his office and says "not one place remotely liveable." I agree with Fry. Anyway, I'm sorry you're from NJ but I don't hold it against you
You gave me a good laugh, prismwiz. Its the only place I've called home but I'm not sure if I can say I am too permimantely attatched. The people are as cold as the weather is and you know you've just at EWR by smell alone.

EWR is easier to get around/in and out of. However, I can't say its in the most welcoming area.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 9:37 pm

Programs: VX unless destination indicates otherwise (damn hippieanarchistville--EUG--and PHX)
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
The spring water isn't from the tanks as i wouldn't drink it either lol. I'd hate to see those tanks after a lifetime of service! I've seen flight attendants carry a tray of water for the last service but many of them have their pad with them to take orders. I do it that way as well. Through my time I have found that 90% of the customers want water that late in the flight. I have my pad with a tray of water. I still take the soda, and juice orders.
I switched from CO to B6 mid paragragh, sorry if that was confusing. It's good that B6 is so customer oriented, you are a credit to all FA's on B6. Much better than any CO (or AS) flight that I have taken.

Seat13c, glad I could give you a nice laugh. I once lived on the East Coast but have lived near SEA for many years. You couldn't pay me to move anywhere North of Whistler, South of ACV, or East of the Cascade Mountains. I was just in NYC (area) a week ago and I was there when the snow hit, 8 inches where I was. That+the summer humidity alone makes me never want to live there. If I want snow I could drive an hour East to the Mountains, no need for snow where I live! EWR may be easier to get into/out of than JFK (or LGA for that matter) but I wouldn't know, whenever I'm in NY I get picked up by family.

EWR as an airport, I don't like it! When I was at TSA on Saturday they had a person at the metal detector making people fetch their ID and keep Boarding Passes in their hands. I've never had that happen anywhere! If people had left their ID's in their bag the Metal Detector Guard stopped the line and made us wait until said person retrieved their ID and showed it to him for him to see. Never had that happen, although I don't fly as much as most other people on FT.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 6:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

When I was at TSA on Saturday they had a person at the metal detector making people fetch their ID and keep Boarding Passes in their hands. I've never had that happen anywhere! If people had left their ID's in their bag the Metal Detector Guard stopped the line and made us wait until said person retrieved their ID and showed it to him for him to see. Never had that happen, although I don't fly as much as most other people on FT.
Sadly this is not uncommon at various airports. At SEA if you have the SSSSecondary note on your BP a TSO walks you to the correct line and you get your secondary. At many other airports the SSSSearch happen in whichever line you're in, so the TSO needs to check your BP. It is incredibly inefficient and wastes a lot of peoples' time, but that seems to be the TSA's MO.

As for which airport is nicer, JFK T6 is nicer than EWR A2 (B6 gate areas), but EWR C (CO's hub ops) is as nice as JFK T6, maybe even nicer depending on what your metrics are. I think that EWR is brighter and more comfortable to sit in, while JFK has free WiFi (though so does EWR if you're close enough to a Presidents Club ). You cannot judge an entire airport by one set of gates, unless you're only judging it for travel on a specific carrier.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 9:32 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by sbm12
As for which airport is nicer, JFK T6 is nicer than EWR A2 (B6 gate areas), but EWR C (CO's hub ops) is as nice as JFK T6, maybe even nicer depending on what your metrics are. I think that EWR is brighter and more comfortable to sit in, while JFK has free WiFi (though so does EWR if you're close enough to a Presidents Club ). You cannot judge an entire airport by one set of gates, unless you're only judging it for travel on a specific carrier.
A2 is part of the worst terminal at EWR. I've never liked that terminal just b/c of the condition and crampt style.

The PANYNJ has made some nice upgrades to Terminal B but still has some ways to go. CO and the PANYNJ has done a fine job with Terminal C (granted it does take some time to get to far ends of it but its still pretty nice and not as long as ones like SEA).

Seat13c, glad I could give you a nice laugh. I once lived on the East Coast but have lived near SEA for many years. You couldn't pay me to move anywhere North of Whistler, South of ACV, or East of the Cascade Mountains. I was just in NYC (area) a week ago and I was there when the snow hit, 8 inches where I was. That+the summer humidity alone makes me never want to live there. If I want snow I could drive an hour East to the Mountains, no need for snow where I live! EWR may be easier to get into/out of than JFK (or LGA for that matter) but I wouldn't know, whenever I'm in NY I get picked up by family.
Let me tell you, SEA is a fine place. Not much snow in town and plenty off coffee on every street corner. I've been up there a few times and won't mind considering as a place to live someday. The only problem is being employed there. I kinda would need a job.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Sadly this is not uncommon at various airports. At SEA if you have the SSSSecondary note on your BP a TSO walks you to the correct line and you get your secondary. At many other airports the SSSSearch happen in whichever line you're in, so the TSO needs to check your BP. It is incredibly inefficient and wastes a lot of peoples' time, but that seems to be the TSA's MO.

Now it makes sense, it's a waste of time. Perfect TSA sense. I'm judging B6's terminal at JFK vs CO's terminal C. I give CO the edge because it is less crowded than B6's but that will soon change with T5. I would judge the DL JFK gates to be close to the AS's EWR gates. Both bad.

Seat13c, can't help you getting a job in SEA, sorry. People only come to live in SEA for three reasons:
1. Microsoft
2. Boeing
3. Other jobs (Amazon, Starbucks)
Old Mar 3, 2008, 8:17 pm

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
anyway...back to the original issue raised:

i don't think there would be as much of a concern about if the ground agents were more responsive and customer service friendly. If the crew needs to begin cleaning the plane, its not necessary for them to be at the door saying "goodbye" since we all just want to get off the plane as fast as possible. What should happen consistently, but never does, is that a ground agent is at the gate and is there to be responsive to questions/concerns regarding connections, luggage claim locations, terminal related queries. They should be responding to customers getting off the aircraft, not just those waiting to board. They should be the ones saying the "goodbye" greetings. It doesn't need to happen by the door of the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.