Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JB posts 2007 profit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2008, 9:14 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
Understood. Given the structure of the deal, it's a gamble for B6, but if CO customers buy, then it will be good source of revenue.

If other legacies decide to adopt then B6 might have found a cash cow in this sideline, likely never a huge source of revenue, but enough to help with the cash flow.

As far as product differentiation, agreed, but only up to a point since the fact that LiveTV is a free service on B6 is a clear plus for JBLU.
You'll see a lot of leasure passengers buying it on long haul routes.
0ther than that, the sales will be average at best.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 6:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Seat13c
You'll see a lot of leasure passengers buying it on long haul routes.
0ther than that, the sales will be average at best.
But how much does it take to turn a profit? I vaguely remember reading on here at one point that it costs B6 roughly a dollar per seat per flight to have the system on board. Assuming that some of that cost is for additional fuel and some is the system and licensing, B6 basically only needs 25-30 people to buy it per CO flight to make money. I think that the numbers are in their favor, especially since the planes it is being put on fly mostly transcons, midcons and the like (IAH-both coasts). The shorter segments (EWR-BOS/DCA/CHI) are handled by 733/735s which are not getting the TVs - but are getting the "internet" so the business folks will still get their fix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.