Wiki Posts
Search

Triple points promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6,HH Diamond, Avis First
Triple points promotion

I received a promotion offering triple points form JFK for flights booked before 10/31. One requirement was that you must regester.

I followed the instructions and booked a trip to SJU which was completed this past Friday. I even called B6 and confirmed that everything I did was correct.

This morning, I checked and found that 36 total round trip points were posted. Normally (I do this trip 2-4 times a month) the total points are 24. 6 point each way for the trip, an additional 6 points for booking online. When I called, the RA told me that I did receive an additional 6 points each way called the JFK bonus. Hence I received the triple points.

It appears that I missed something in the fine print. In previous double point promotions, I received double the total points including trip and online booking. Is this not the case here?: Or at the very least, should not the base points be tripled and the online booking points added on?

Anybody else get the proper points!
Old Oct 28, 2007, 8:56 am

Programs: thai, virgin, emirates, priority club
the exact wording is

We'll give you double TrueBlue points plus bonus points for booking online—that's triple the fun!

in other words, it's really only double points plus the online booking bonus.

i think u're better off than i am, since i booked my flight before registering. do i receive any bonus at all in addition to the online booking bonus?

ian.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6,HH Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by iancanton
the exact wording is

We'll give you double TrueBlue points plus bonus points for booking online—that's triple the fun!

in other words, it's really only double points plus the online booking bonus.

i think u're better off than i am, since i booked my flight before registering. do i receive any bonus at all in addition to the online booking bonus?

ian.
For someone who spent 9 years in advertising, I really should have known to read the promotion more carefully.

Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 11:46 pm

I got 6 bonus points for flying out of JFK. I signed up a few weeks back for some promo but I can't find it anywhere on their site. And I don't have a AMEX card either. Did anyone else notice this promo? I don't see anyone talking about it on here.

Oct 29, 2007 JFK Points Bonus 6

expires: Oct 30, 2008

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.