Wiki Posts
Search

Bos-phx

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2007, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Bos-phx

Do you guys think it will return, when it was pulled it was annoucned it might start again in the late fall....

Also do you think there is any hope of BOS-ORD, UA and AA are awful in comparison.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 12:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold

The crewmembers in BOS were dumbfounded when we announced plans to pull the route. Towards the end of the route loads appeared to be 80-90%. We hope to bring the route back, but that's not our choice.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 12:50 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
High loads do not always equate to profits. With that said, I would still have preferred to see it stick around a little while to mature.

BOS-SAN replaced that route, I think.
Old Sep 29, 2007, 2:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
High loads do not always equate to profits. With that said, I would still have preferred to see it stick around a little while to mature.

BOS-SAN replaced that route, I think.
True... I don't believe in the end the route was a money loser. When we first offered the service it was disappointing but improved dramatically later on. The fact that we offered nonstop service to PHX was a life saver to those who fly US.. I'm not sure what you mean by SAN replacing PHX...
Old Sep 30, 2007, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by JAX2BOS
True... I don't believe in the end the route was a money loser. When we first offered the service it was disappointing but improved dramatically later on. The fact that we offered nonstop service to PHX was a life saver to those who fly US.. I'm not sure what you mean by SAN replacing PHX...
No, I don't know about BOS loads is done very extremely well to PHX. I assumed if B6 will even reinstated nonstop BOS-PHX once again will using one dailies roundtrip. I'm sure B6 will even considerable to gets resuming BOS-PHX but, it is not being replaced BOS-SAN routes. You will even see B6 will gets another announcements next major routes if B6 is enough more aircraft.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 10:37 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by JAX2BOS
I'd be willing to bet that some BOS-PHX travelers don't even mind changing at JFK on JetBlue just to avoid US!

In regards to SAN, I mean that it's a pretty new route and the aircraft that did the BOS-PHX turn was probably repositioned to the BOS-SAN turn. BOS-SAN took a long time to start up, and on that subject, how is it doing so far? Also, has AA dropped it or are they still operiting that route as well?
Old Oct 1, 2007, 10:51 pm

Having flown this route around 7 times in the past year, I miss it dearly! It is much easier to fly into BOS and take the Silver line to South Station and head to Providence than it is for me to go PHX-JFK-LIR-Amtrak or Metro north to New Haven.

I used to fly NW or CO exclusively and found that flying PHX-BOS on jetblue and making the T connection is a lot better than flying PHX-MSP/DTW/CLE-BDL and dealing with those other airlines. PHX-JFK and onto Amtrak or Metro North adds some time but it is still worth it in the end.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 11:29 am

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
I miss this route too. It was great to take the evening flight out on Friday and the redeye back Sunday night to visit my good friend in PHX. The last time I went out there I flew CO through EWR and it was a royal pain in the a**. Yet again US is the only alternative for me on my frequent routes.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 3:10 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I thought it would be back by now but it is not in our pairings for November and the holiday travel season. I'd say write to JetBlue in the speak up section and hopfully they'll bring it back.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 7:27 am

What about Southwest PHX-PVD?

Originally Posted by FlyBDL
Having flown this route around 7 times in the past year, I miss it dearly! It is much easier to fly into BOS and take the Silver line to South Station and head to Providence than it is for me to go PHX-JFK-LIR-Amtrak or Metro north to New Haven.

I used to fly NW or CO exclusively and found that flying PHX-BOS on jetblue and making the T connection is a lot better than flying PHX-MSP/DTW/CLE-BDL and dealing with those other airlines. PHX-JFK and onto Amtrak or Metro North adds some time but it is still worth it in the end.
Have you tried Southwest's nonstop from Phoenix to Providence? It seems a lot less painful than picking up Amtrak in BOS or NYC. I flew this flight once and it wasn't bad. Yes, the service was not up to JetBlue's standard, but at least the legroom was OK.

This flight must do pretty well for Southwest. When they eliminated most of their transcons and near-transcons recently, the kept at least one daily PHX-PVD.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:53 pm

Here is an email I received from jetBlue regarding PHX-BOS service.

Hello Eric,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the TrueBlue promotion and non-stop service from Phoenix to
Boston. We appreciate the opportunity to research this further for you.

At this time, we will not be offering non-stop service from Phoenix to Boston, however, that is
subject to change in the future.

Thank you for choosing JetBlue. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on future
flights.

I couldn't be in a SW plane for 5+ hours. SW canceled one of the non stops on PHX-PVD, they still have the one like you said.

I may consider using US Airways again since they have a PHX-BDL non stop flight.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
I got the same message. I really dont get it. Only one carrier nonstop between two very large cities does not make sense. These flights were full and when the route was stopped they said it would return in the winter. I also thought that Jetblue was getting an additinal 5 gates in boston when CO moves to A and was planning an expansion. I wounder what else we can do to try and get them to try this route again.

US is the ONLY airline in the USA that i refuse to ever fly, I think the best options now are Delta through CVG or UA through DEN.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 8:08 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
There is a rumor that is floating around that because of the congesstion in JFK, BOS and MCO will continue to see good expansion though 2008. So i'd keep watching out for futhur announcements
Old Oct 5, 2007, 8:17 am

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
There is a rumor that is floating around that because of the congesstion in JFK, BOS and MCO will continue to see good expansion though 2008. So i'd keep watching out for futhur announcements
Will we see expansion at SLC as well? 3 cities (SLC-SAN/SFO/BUR) already in recent months. As per this USA TODAY article, it seems like the airport will be expanding soon and more gates will be availible. Although, that doesn't mean JetBlue will jump at it. IMHO, they should 'cause 1)it's their West Coast Corporate backyard and 2)Its a great place to DL a run for their money while putting a little extra in B6 pocket.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Seat13c; Oct 5, 2007 at 12:48 pm Reason: Added link
Old Oct 5, 2007, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
I got this response:

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for contacting us regarding JetBlue service between Boston and
Phoenix. We appreciate the
opportunity to respond to your comments.

Our success to date -- and into the future -- is based on serving markets that
maximize our profits
and optimize our route structure for the long term. Although we do not receive
advanced notice of
when additional flight times will be added, or when a particular flight will be
discontinued, we're
busy adding new flights, new aircraft and new cities all the time. We apologize
for any
inconvenience this decision may have caused you. We have forwarded your comments
to our Route
Planning and Scheduling Team for internal review.

We thank you for flying JetBlue, we hope for another opportunity to welcome you
onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.