Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

"This is what you meant to ask" customer service...only that's not what I meant

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)

I will get into more details about the specific question I asked once there is some resolution, but for the purposes of this post, its irrelevant:

I submitted an e-mail question to customer service. I picked the right subject boxes for the typic of question I had, but then I also filled in the free response box which contained the heart of my question.

In reply, I get a canned response saying: "Thank you for contacting JetBlue Airways. You are receiving this automated response based on the selections you provided on our online Speak up section."

"If the information contained in the above links doesn't answer all of your .....questions,
click on the following link to search our online Help section.....Or, you can call us at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) for assistance from a Reservations crewmember. Thank you for choosing JetBlue for your travel. We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!"

That sounds all nice and efficient, only that the selections I made were about the nature of my question. I then filled in the specifics of my question, and included a confirmation number asking for a response about the specific situation.

It was clear to me from the e-mail I got that I would not get any further personalized response to my question, resulting in me having to either send another e-mail or call.

The moral of this story: It seems that if you want a specific response to your e-mail, you should be as vague as possible and not specify a specific enough topic, otherwise you won't get a personalized reply. Not good customer service here.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 2:59 pm

Programs: Jetblue
Originally Posted by defiance96
I will get into more details about the specific question I asked once there is some resolution, but for the purposes of this post, its irrelevant:

I submitted an e-mail question to customer service. I picked the right subject boxes for the typic of question I had, but then I also filled in the free response box which contained the heart of my question.

In reply, I get a canned response saying: "Thank you for contacting JetBlue Airways. You are receiving this automated response based on the selections you provided on our online Speak up section."

"If the information contained in the above links doesn't answer all of your .....questions,
click on the following link to search our online Help section.....Or, you can call us at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) for assistance from a Reservations crewmember. Thank you for choosing JetBlue for your travel. We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!"

That sounds all nice and efficient, only that the selections I made were about the nature of my question. I then filled in the specifics of my question, and included a confirmation number asking for a response about the specific situation.

It was clear to me from the e-mail I got that I would not get any further personalized response to my question, resulting in me having to either send another e-mail or call.

The moral of this story: It seems that if you want a specific response to your e-mail, you should be as vague as possible and not specify a specific enough topic, otherwise you won't get a personalized reply. Not good customer service here.
In the past when I have sent in questions, I will usually get the automatic email the next day, and then a personalized response in about 1-2 more days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.