Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

When will X-mas flights be on sale?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 1:59 am
formerly frankdjs
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Gold

Hi,

I am looking for a cheap ticket from NYC to FLL on 24 Dec, but noticed, B6 is not selling these flights yet. Does anyone know when they are usually released for sale?

Thanks
Old May 14, 2007, 10:02 am

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I'm sorry, but this has been discussed at least 15 times in the past few months alone. All it takes is a quick search.

There is no "formula" as to when schedule expansion/ticket sale dates will occur. Usually it is 6 months out.

IMO, you're not going to get a "cheap" ticket on any airline for NYC-FLL the day before Christmas. You're lucky to just get a seat at all with the heavy demand that week...
Old May 14, 2007, 10:23 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
I'm sorry, but this has been discussed at least 15 times in the past few months alone. All it takes is a quick search.
It would be great if some kind person would add the details to the FAQ.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by frankdjs
Hi,

I am looking for a cheap ticket from NYC to FLL on 24 Dec, but noticed, B6 is not selling these flights yet. Does anyone know when they are usually released for sale?

Thanks
'Cheap' tickets are hard to come by on a peak travel day like Christmas Eve, but there are still some decent fares out there on other airlines (Spirit flies LGA-FLL, and they seem to have the lowest fares--around $160--still available on that date). I doubt that jetBlue is going to open up those dates and underprice the competition, so you're probably fine booking a flight on whatever airline is least expensive with the dates/times you want. That being said, I don't think you'll see the fares go much higher for several months, by which time jetBlue's flight schedule and fares will probably be available (if I had to guess, I'd say flights through the end of the year will be in the booking system within the next 1-2 months, or sooner).
Old May 16, 2007, 3:58 am

The Nov./Dec. flights are now available for JetBlue. The price for the flight I need is crazy!! It is $700 pp, for Nov. 3-11, from EWR to MCO.
Old May 16, 2007, 6:28 am

It seems B6 have not load the cheap fare
Old May 16, 2007, 7:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by neuro0
It seems B6 have not load the cheap fare
More than six months out and B6 did not load the rock bottom fares... jeez, something must be wrong
Old May 16, 2007, 8:06 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
More than six months out and B6 did not load the rock bottom fares... jeez, something must be wrong
Over on the Southwest forum we noticed this trend several years ago. Southwest is VERY stingy with deep discounts for peak travel times when their schedule first opens. About 12 weeks to 6 weeks out, they add discount seats if sales are slower than expected. Perhaps JetBlue is now using a similar revenue management strategy.
Old May 16, 2007, 8:48 am

Last year JetBlue never dropped the fare for the dates I needed, because it was a peak holiday time. But, I can't believe the fares are even higher than Continental is offering for the same dates, and their fares were released back in Jan., so they have gone up since then.
Old May 16, 2007, 8:56 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by frankdjs
Hi,

Thanks
Don't look for anything cheap on 24Dec
Old May 16, 2007, 9:21 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Starting, I believe, with Southwest, airlines have realized that it's foolish for them to offer any deep discounts on flights that would easily sell out at higher fares. Not too long ago, airlines would put a token few seats in the low-fare bucket when the schedule opened. I haven't seen any of that recently. (Have you tried booking a summer seat to Europe when the schedule first opens? No deals on those either.)

The airlines are getting as good at this game as we are. If you want to fly at a peak time, you need to be prepared to pay a peak price or redeem double miles on a legacy carrier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.