Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue to temporarily eliminate PIT-BOS flights, citing weak demand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2007, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum

PIT-BOS flights on hold until May 1, PIT-JFK flights struggling as well. Demand for PIT-NYC flights strong, but legacies seem to be getting all of the bookings.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2007/0...e_pittsbu.html
Old Mar 8, 2007, 11:14 am
Original Poster

It looks like USA Today's Sky Blog has edited the post ... now the blog reports that JetBlue will be reducing service to Boston, but not eliminating it entirely.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:41 pm

Programs: Foodland Maika'i Plastic Card, DL GM when it meant something
Reduced to 1 direct flight per day each way.

IMO this will just weaken demand even more.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 11:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Ret.

Originally Posted by reidlewis
It looks like USA Today's Sky Blog has edited the post ... now the blog reports that JetBlue will be reducing service to Boston, but not eliminating it entirely.

I believe the night flight (BOS-PIT 1297) will return sometime in the spring. The 190s are being utilized elsewhere/in BNA for the upgrades...

Not entirely sure though.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 7:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Not terribly surprising as US still gets a lot of that traffic for connections to the west coast (lots of folks like to avoid PHL ).
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:01 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I've never been through PHL, or CLT for that matter I've only seen the D Concourse in CLT, are they both really that bad?
Old Mar 10, 2007, 7:37 am
Original Poster

PHL and CLT are simply much busier than PIT, meaning PIT is less of a hassle to make connections -- fewers delays, baggage problems, etc.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
I've never been through PHL, or CLT for that matter I've only seen the D Concourse in CLT, are they both really that bad?
PHL is much worse than CLT in my experience, but both are quite bad. If I'm forced to fly US I try to transit through PIT when possible.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 1:47 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Thanks for the info guys! I guess it's like JFK with us. Many, many flights and thousands of customers makes connecting there a bit of a hassle where we are smaller up here in BOS so people like the less crowded feel and feel it is just a lot easier to connect through.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 1:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Pit

PIT is much better too in its layout. The spider concourse design is extremely efficient and transfers to gates are easy. Too bad PHL's the main hub instead of PIT...
Old Mar 12, 2007, 9:40 am

CLT isn't that bad for connecting, though I can't really speak to the baggage issues, as I rarely have them. The large atrium/food court between the AB and CD sides of the airport is nice, with rocking chairs and a guy playing piano most of the times I've been through. The piers are a bit long, but otherwise it isn't so bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.