Seat Assignments + Other Flight info.

Old Jan 4, 07, 10:58 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23
Seat Assignments + Other Flight info.

I just heard that JetBlue started servicing a route I normally take today (ORD to LGB), and I thought I'd look into using this airline.

I understand JetBlue doesn't have any status or even cabin classes, but does that mean you can't physically pick your seat until after you board? I was playing around with their website and I can't see how to even view any available seating (I heard certain seating has more leg room). Also (not a big deal), but I like to know the type of aircraft I'll be flying. I can't find any flight info other than departure and arrival in the booking section of the website. Am I just missing it somehow? Thanks.
pewannabe is offline  
Old Jan 4, 07, 11:19 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Programs: TrueBlue, OnePass
Posts: 163
Originally Posted by pewannabe View Post
I just heard that JetBlue started servicing a route I normally take today (ORD to LGB), and I thought I'd look into using this airline.

I understand JetBlue doesn't have any status or even cabin classes, but does that mean you can't physically pick your seat until after you board? I was playing around with their website and I can't see how to even view any available seating (I heard certain seating has more leg room). Also (not a big deal), but I like to know the type of aircraft I'll be flying. I can't find any flight info other than departure and arrival in the booking section of the website. Am I just missing it somehow? Thanks.
You are able to pick your seat AFTER you make your reservation. There is pre-assigned seating, but there is no way to say the seatmap until you make your reservation. The LGB-ORD service is all on the A320.
sulsk is offline  
Old Jan 5, 07, 6:37 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TTN-Trenton/Princeton Area, NJ
Programs: Frontier Early Returns, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue
Posts: 1,078
There are rumors that soon you will be able to pick a seat online before ticketing your flight.
Jerseyguy is offline  
Old Jan 5, 07, 9:25 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 244
Originally Posted by Jerseyguy View Post
There are rumors that soon you will be able to pick a seat online before ticketing your flight.
As I understand it, you will still pick seats during the ticketing process, as it stands now. The new feature will be the ability to see seat maps, with availability, BEFORE deciding whether or not to purchase a ticket for that flight. Many major airline websites already work this way, and it would be an excellent upgrade to JetBlue's site.
somedude24 is offline  
Old Jan 5, 07, 10:01 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by somedude24 View Post
As I understand it, you will still pick seats during the ticketing process, as it stands now. The new feature will be the ability to see seat maps, with availability, BEFORE deciding whether or not to purchase a ticket for that flight. Many major airline websites already work this way, and it would be an excellent upgrade to JetBlue's site.
Thanks. For some reason I really prefer this.
pewannabe is offline  
Old Jan 5, 07, 6:28 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Posts: 2,928
Originally Posted by pewannabe View Post
(I heard certain seating has more leg room).

Also (not a big deal), but I like to know the type of aircraft I'll be flying. Thanks.
While it's always preferable to see possible seating options before booking, remember that you can always check out the types of planes and the stats on legroom at seatguru.com

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Jet...irbus_A320.php
bk3day is offline  
Old Jan 5, 07, 11:35 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 119
Couldn't one call reservations to check before booking online? I know it's an inconvenient first step, but I'd be tempted if I was booking near the date of departure...
wakeboarderjeff is offline  
Old Jan 11, 07, 2:20 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Long Island, NY and Boca Raton, FL
Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Posts: 2,275
Originally Posted by wakeboarderjeff View Post
Couldn't one call reservations to check before booking online? I know it's an inconvenient first step, but I'd be tempted if I was booking near the date of departure...
The folks at 1-800-JETBLUE are always happy to check which seats are available for a specific flight. However, as I mentioned MANY times...I have confirmation from an extremely RELIABLE source that online seatmap viewing will be available before purchase to TrueBlue members. This should be introduced sometime this year!!!
jetBlueNYFL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread