Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Seat Assignments + Other Flight info.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2007, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

I just heard that JetBlue started servicing a route I normally take today (ORD to LGB), and I thought I'd look into using this airline.

I understand JetBlue doesn't have any status or even cabin classes, but does that mean you can't physically pick your seat until after you board? I was playing around with their website and I can't see how to even view any available seating (I heard certain seating has more leg room). Also (not a big deal), but I like to know the type of aircraft I'll be flying. I can't find any flight info other than departure and arrival in the booking section of the website. Am I just missing it somehow? Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:19 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, OnePass
Originally Posted by pewannabe
I just heard that JetBlue started servicing a route I normally take today (ORD to LGB), and I thought I'd look into using this airline.

I understand JetBlue doesn't have any status or even cabin classes, but does that mean you can't physically pick your seat until after you board? I was playing around with their website and I can't see how to even view any available seating (I heard certain seating has more leg room). Also (not a big deal), but I like to know the type of aircraft I'll be flying. I can't find any flight info other than departure and arrival in the booking section of the website. Am I just missing it somehow? Thanks.
You are able to pick your seat AFTER you make your reservation. There is pre-assigned seating, but there is no way to say the seatmap until you make your reservation. The LGB-ORD service is all on the A320.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 5:37 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
There are rumors that soon you will be able to pick a seat online before ticketing your flight.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Jerseyguy
There are rumors that soon you will be able to pick a seat online before ticketing your flight.
As I understand it, you will still pick seats during the ticketing process, as it stands now. The new feature will be the ability to see seat maps, with availability, BEFORE deciding whether or not to purchase a ticket for that flight. Many major airline websites already work this way, and it would be an excellent upgrade to JetBlue's site.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by somedude24
As I understand it, you will still pick seats during the ticketing process, as it stands now. The new feature will be the ability to see seat maps, with availability, BEFORE deciding whether or not to purchase a ticket for that flight. Many major airline websites already work this way, and it would be an excellent upgrade to JetBlue's site.
Thanks. For some reason I really prefer this.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by pewannabe
(I heard certain seating has more leg room).

Also (not a big deal), but I like to know the type of aircraft I'll be flying. Thanks.
While it's always preferable to see possible seating options before booking, remember that you can always check out the types of planes and the stats on legroom at seatguru.com

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Jet...irbus_A320.php
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:35 pm

Couldn't one call reservations to check before booking online? I know it's an inconvenient first step, but I'd be tempted if I was booking near the date of departure...
Old Jan 11, 2007, 1:20 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by wakeboarderjeff
Couldn't one call reservations to check before booking online? I know it's an inconvenient first step, but I'd be tempted if I was booking near the date of departure...
The folks at 1-800-JETBLUE are always happy to check which seats are available for a specific flight. However, as I mentioned MANY times...I have confirmation from an extremely RELIABLE source that online seatmap viewing will be available before purchase to TrueBlue members. This should be introduced sometime this year!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.