Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2006, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
DFW Service

Just out of being merely curious, why does B6 not want to compete with AA at DFW? For what it's worth, Airtran seems to be doing alright by having service DFW-MDW/BWI/MCO/ALT. Also, it seems that they would be more limited at DAL as far as gate space goes then they would be if they went out of DFW.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Originally Posted by Seat13c
Just out of being merely curious, why does B6 not want to compete with AA at DFW? For what it's worth, Airtran seems to be doing alright by having service DFW-MDW/BWI/MCO/ALT. Also, it seems that they would be more limited at DAL as far as gate space goes then they would be if they went out of DFW.
Umm... my guess is that JFK and DFW are both very large AA hubs, thus is in a better position to take out any competation on their DFW to JFK route. It could be that or AA is still angry at jetBlue about LGB and will do everything to keep jetBlue out of DFW. It could also be that jetBlue learn it lesson from the all Atlanta / Delta thing. Than again, I can be wayyy off.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SGP PLT, HH Diamond, Hyatt PLT
Originally Posted by Seat13c
Well, i don't think Airtran is doing all that well under AA's massive at DFW, otherwise they wouldn't pull out DFW-LAX route and DFW-LAS just recently.
Old Sep 25, 2006, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, TrueBlue, HHonors
Originally Posted by cliff31420
Well, i don't think Airtran is doing all that well under AA's massive at DFW, otherwise they wouldn't pull out DFW-LAX route and DFW-LAS just recently.
Keep in mind, DFW-LAX is a big route already covered by United and Alaskan as as AA. Also, DFW-LAS is covered by USAirways as well as AA. All of the above airlines on the specified routes have a major hub at one end or another.
On the JFK-DFW, AA does have hubs on both ends. (That didn't stop B6 picking up the JFK-SJU route). However, if my info is correct, AA is the only carrier on that route (JFK-DFW). They have a monoply. B6 would definately pick up a portion of that market if they went in that direction. On a personal note I'd rather fly B6 over AA any day. I would also prefer to fly into DFW rather than DAL (bigger airport= more admenities(i.e. restuarants)).
Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:31 am

I would certainly love to see them give AA a run for their money - certainly tired of the monoply at DFW!

Peace!
Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:57 am

Having worked in the backoffice for AA for a few years - the DFW-LAX is one of thee most profitable routes along with DFW-JFK and JFK-LAX
Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz 5*, Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by joeytay
Having worked in the backoffice for AA for a few years - the DFW-LAX is one of thee most profitable routes along with DFW-JFK and JFK-LAX
DFW-JFK? There are only two roundtrips daily on AA.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 9:02 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
I'd place my money on DAL before DFW. We did have some words about the agreement that AA, WN, and the City worked out for DAL, so it leads me to believe that we have some type of interest in DAL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.