Wiki Posts
Search

AUS-JFK (flight 1068) on JUL27

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 8:16 pm
jez
Original Poster

AUS-JFK (flight 1068) on JUL27

Just thought I'd share my sheer hapiness for landing at JFK with 3 hours delay on Friday morning (flight left Thursday though). Apparently the NY area airports were (yet again) cluttered and many flights were delayed. On the way from Austin to JFK we started circling over North Carolina near RDU for about an hour. The pilot told us around midnight ET that we might have to spend the night in RDU if we don't get a slot soon enough. It all ended well, we got a slot and landed at 1.45AM instead of 9.55PM. Not Jetblue's fault but if anyone else was on that flight I'm certain they can testify on the passengers' cheers upon hearing that we _would_ be making it to JFK.

What an unforgettable night.

Doing the same flight again tomorrow, if anything exciting happens I'll be sure to write about it. Hopefully you won't hear from me again
Old Aug 2, 2006, 9:13 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Weather delays/holding patterns are very frusturating and annoying, but as always it is not the fault of any airline.

Other than the lengthy delay, how was your flight?

Enjoy your flight tomorrow!
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:01 pm
jez
Original Poster

It was my first time flying and Jetblue and very enjoyable. I got a 33" seat pitch. Nice to have all these liveTV channels available (although it could get scary if watching the weather channel..). On the way back (first JFK-AUS flight Monday morning) I had the aisle emergency seat, even better! Tomorrow have a decent seat however next Monday I've got the last row.. let's blame it on me booking it today!

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Weather delays/holding patterns are very frusturating and annoying, but as always it is not the fault of any airline.

Other than the lengthy delay, how was your flight?

Enjoy your flight tomorrow!
Old Aug 2, 2006, 10:15 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by jez
It was my first time flying and Jetblue and very enjoyable. I got a 33" seat pitch. Nice to have all these liveTV channels available (although it could get scary if watching the weather channel..). On the way back (first JFK-AUS flight Monday morning) I had the aisle emergency seat, even better! Tomorrow have a decent seat however next Monday I've got the last row.. let's blame it on me booking it today!
Well I guess the good news is those AUS-JFK-AUS loads are looking pretty good if you got the last row!

Just remember, all seats on jetBlue fully recline...including row 26 on A320 and 25 on E190!

You can try and change your seat while checking in or asking the agent at the airport if they have any others open.

Enjoy your flight again!
Old Aug 5, 2006, 7:34 pm
jez
Original Poster

can i rant again please? so the 1068 on Thursday left with 10 minutes delay (what's interesting is that I had to tell the gate agents about the delay, they didn't know about it until they checked online). We did _land_ on time but we were then stuck for an hour near the DHL building in the plane. Our final arrival time at the gate was an hour after scheduled arrival time because all the gates were taken. Sorry about the rant.. I would love to keep taking jetblue because I think the aircraft itself is great but if I keep on arriving at least an hour late I may as well take AA via DFW to land at LGA which is much closer to my final destination. If anyone has some recomforting comments regarding B6's flight to JFK please comment.

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Well I guess the good news is those AUS-JFK-AUS loads are looking pretty good if you got the last row!

Just remember, all seats on jetBlue fully recline...including row 26 on A320 and 25 on E190!

You can try and change your seat while checking in or asking the agent at the airport if they have any others open.

Enjoy your flight again!
Old Aug 5, 2006, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by jez
can i rant again please? so the 1068 on Thursday left with 10 minutes delay (what's interesting is that I had to tell the gate agents about the delay, they didn't know about it until they checked online). We did _land_ on time but we were then stuck for an hour near the DHL building in the plane. Our final arrival time at the gate was an hour after scheduled arrival time because all the gates were taken. Sorry about the rant.. I would love to keep taking jetblue because I think the aircraft itself is great but if I keep on arriving at least an hour late I may as well take AA via DFW to land at LGA which is much closer to my final destination. If anyone has some recomforting comments regarding B6's flight to JFK please comment.
I agree with you...you can not afford to keep arriving late. However, regarding your specific flight on Thursday night: I was actually listening to JFK's ATC and I heard B6 1068 communicating with the tower (the flight you were on) and several other B6 flights. There were thunderstorms in the vicinity a little earlier and that backed all flights up on the ground at JFK during an already busy time slow. JetBlue's gates were a mess that night and the controller sounder very annoyed at their ramp. But it was not just jetBlue...all flights were on ground hold due to one runway use (31R I believe).

As far as the 10-minute delay...that's not a delay! Plus, on-time flights are measured in terms of arrival being within 14 minutes. For example, the flight can leave 35 minutes late, but it can make time up in the air and arrive on time or sometimes even early.

IMO, you would spend definitely more time and maybe more money connecting in DFW on AA. Not to mention LGA's delays are 10 times worse than JFK when it comes to bad weather.

How often do you fly this route? Weather is certainly unpredictable but hopefully your next flights with B6 will be on time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.