Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$10 Fee for Award Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2006, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
$10 Fee for Award Flights

I just got a email from jetBlue saying that "Starting June 15, Award bookings at 1-800-JETBLUE will cost $10 per transaction, but will still be free on jetblue.com." Looks like they found a new way to make some money.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 3:00 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I got the same info in my June TrueBlue statement. I think this is a very smart move on the revenue side, since it will attract even more people to use the website. This will lower costs for those who book online and improve revenue for those who book over the phone.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:19 pm

It's good at least that online award bookings still won't have a fee.

I just booked an American Aadvantage award online, 20 days in advance of the outbound flight, and it had a $50 fee (Aadvantage awards, even when booked online, now have a $50 fee for bookings within 21 days and a $100 fee for bookings within 7 days of flying). I don't know if this is the norm with most airlines now, but I hope that JetBlue keeps online award bookings free.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:34 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
AA (and many other legacy airlines) get away with nickle and diming their customers for crazy things like that. Even with AAdvantage, their LOYALTY program, they now charge fees if you book award tickets closer to your departure date. It's things like this that shift people's loyalty to an airline like jetBlue!

As far as I can tell, jetBlue will keep online bookings fee-free, since the website allows them to keep costs low while staying technologically advanced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.