Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

new - check in bags online + bonus points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2005, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles

JetBlue has been doing online bag check in for a while, but now it's available for outbound from all U.S. cities - and until Jan. 5, you get 2 bonus TrueBlue points.

Check out the press release

So if you buy two tickets for $249 each way JFK-Long Beach with your JetBlue Amex Card - that's ~$500 = 1,000 Award Dollars (double for JetBlue purchase) = 5 TrueBlue Points, plus

6 points for Travel (each way), plus Double Points If Purchased Online:
2 bonus points If You Check In Online:
Total Points for
Round Trip 28

So that's already 30 points - 1/3 to a free ticket.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
How does this work? The press release says they print the bag check numbers on your BP when you online checkin, but where does the tag that goes on the bag get generated? I assume this works the same way as all the other airlines, where you have to ask a ticket agent (or skycap) to print the tag for you and load it onto the conveyer belt? If that's the case, there isn't really anything very novel about this. If you can actually check your bags without ever interacting with a human, then I'll be impressed.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 6:12 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AA Advantage, Delta Skymiles
damn im flying on the sixth... well i guess ill still get my december flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.