Search

Jetblue vs. Delta Song?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2005, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Song, however, has just the same and they don't charge for movies
Song does charge for the movies. The TV channels are free.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 5:21 pm

I hope Delta keeps the Song leather seats when and if song gets discontinued and incorporate into their mainline flights. For once i was able to sleep in economy the last time i flew them LAs-jfk
Old Nov 7, 2005, 5:20 am

No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn (well, JFK)

Originally Posted by monsieurdino
I hope Delta keeps the Song leather seats when and if song gets discontinued and incorporate into their mainline flights. For once i was able to sleep in economy the last time i flew them LAs-jfk
They might keep the leather seats, but if they reintroduce first class--as they plan to do--you know they're gonna cram the coach seats closer together (read: less leg room) in order to make room for the bigshots up front. No more sleeping for you!
Old Nov 7, 2005, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by somedude24
you know they're gonna cram the coach seats closer together (read: less leg room) in order to make room for the bigshots up front. No more sleeping for you!
That is pure speculation on your part. It remains to be seen whether of not they will add more Y seats in the rear cabin once they convert the front cabin to F seats.

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Nov 7, 2005 at 12:40 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 7, 2005, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by monsieurdino
They will definitely be keeping the leather seats with the IFE systems.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 1:07 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by somedude24
They might keep the leather seats, but if they reintroduce first class--as they plan to do--you know they're gonna cram the coach seats closer together (read: less leg room) in order to make room for the bigshots up front. No more sleeping for you!

Also keep in mind that the 757 will have the FC seats in the forward cabin. It is possible that they will keep the aft cabin the same seat pitch as it was on Song (154 seats instead of the 162 on mainline), but they have not announced the configuration, so its only speculation at this point.

Last edited by tbangs; Nov 9, 2005 at 1:14 am
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:48 pm

Thank goodness they're (apparently) going to lose the funky interior colors that were on "Song birds." I've never felt claustrophobic on a plane until I flew surrounded by pastels (seriously). Way to go B6 for looking like a grown-up.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:22 pm

I prefer Song

I've just flown Song SFO-JFK and back and have to say I prefer it to jetBlue.

The food is great -- nice that I don't have to cart a picnic with me through the airport and onto the plane. The IFE is much better -- more films, touchscreens, in-flight trivia game and personal cd playlists. The flight attendants were friendly but not overly so.

jetBlue is also a good alternative. But if I had to choose, I would go with Song for the reasons listed above and the fact that Skymiles help me go anywhere in the world vs. jetBlue's loyalty program which is domestic-only.

Chris
Old Nov 23, 2005, 6:18 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AA Advantage, Delta Skymiles
Ive flown both...
Delta has the edge in offering games and there food only..
Other than that everything is JetBlue across the board..
I Defenitley prefer Blue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.