Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone know how

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2005, 3:05 pm
askworldtraveler

Does anyone know how

the passengers at LAX yesterday got to NYC? What did Jet Blue do with them...??? Just curious....

(hat off)...

Old Sep 22, 2005, 3:07 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by askworldtraveler
the passengers at LAX yesterday got to NYC? What did Jet Blue do with them...??? Just curious....

(hat off)...
I heard on NY news this morning they flew them back to NY overnight on a special flight and arrived sometime early this morning.
Old Sep 22, 2005, 7:04 pm

Did they get compensated for the lost time (in flight holdup, from work, etc)?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Consistent with afurman's post, the Wednesday TV news interviewed a B6 pilot who was called in to LGB yesterday to fly a special red-eye flight to JFK; some of the pax were bussed to LGB from LAX and flew overnight on that extra flight. I'm pretty sure that not all 140 took that flight.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 9:25 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
57 people took a spare plane from LGB to JFK.

(hat off)...
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:01 pm

They each received a full refund of their round trip fare, 2 vouchers for future round trip flts, and a free flt from LGB to JFK.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 8:24 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Thats outstanding compensation. I'm not urprised though. I was delayed about an hour on a LAS-JFK flight and they gave everyone $50 vouchers. I sepnt an extra hour playing slots.

Good to see an airline practicing what it preaches as far as customer service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.