Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Will JetBlue ever have a First/Business Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2005, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND

My question is exactly as the title reads. I have always thought that of all the LCCs, JetBue is by far the nicest, classiest, and friendliest of all. However, the reason why I do not fly JetBlue as much as I would like to take is the absence of a premium class onboard. AirTran has been quite successful with its Business Class, why can't JetBlue develop a higher class of service for those customers seeking extra leg room and other amenities?
Old May 29, 2005, 11:56 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
well the 36 inch pitch and 18 inch width is pretty darn near biz class for me....edited to add the 36 inch pitch from rows 12 back.

my take would be as long as jetblue makes a profit with their current product--they wont switch it. Id rather see some additions to TrueBlue like partners, no more expiring credits in 1 yr etc
Old May 30, 2005, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by kdinino
well the 36 inch pitch and 18 inch width is pretty darn near biz class for me....edited to add the 36 inch pitch from rows 12 back.

my take would be as long as jetblue makes a profit with their current product--they wont switch it. Id rather see some additions to TrueBlue like partners, no more expiring credits in 1 yr etc

I'm no JetBlue expert but I'm pretty sure that JetBlue only offers 32'' of legroom rows 1-10, and 34'' NOT 36'' from row 11 through 26. Not quite close to Business Class standards.
Old May 30, 2005, 2:39 am

Depends which airline you are talking about. On some, that quite rivals their business class. In any event, I don't expect it on B6. Their model is working quite well for them as it is, and the main principle seems to be keeping it simple. Biz-class flies in the face of that, I'm afraid.

So I really wouldn't hold my breath for it.
Old May 31, 2005, 10:07 am

Personally, I dont understand why jetblue would ever need a first/biz class. They have the nicest staff, planes, service and the leather seats + the televisions and the leg room is, to me, like flying on an all first class airliner. However, if they ever decided to add the classes (which, again, they stated its against their business model) people would complain its no longer "cheap" and "low cost" because of course you'd expect those seats to be priced higher.

Edited: what works for airTran may not work for jetBlue.. and why fix it, if it ain't broke?
Old May 31, 2005, 11:12 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Originally Posted by fly747first
I'm no JetBlue expert but I'm pretty sure that JetBlue only offers 32'' of legroom rows 1-10, and 34'' NOT 36'' from row 11 through 26. Not quite close to Business Class standards.

Your right. Rows 11 and back are 34" pitch. I usually get the exit rows which do have 36 " pitch. So it pretty much feels like BizClass to me....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.