Search

Neelman wants to expand SYR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2005, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jetblue
Neelman wants to expand SYR

http://www.syracuse.com/business/pos...941.xml&coll=1

In brief, it is saying that Jetblue wants to add a new destination to Syracuse, but they want them to lower their landing fees. (I bet it would be BOS or MCO, as their is no space at FLL). According to Neelman, "As soon as we resolve this issue, we'll add more service,". Is syracuse performing that well for Jetblue? I would have thought that they would have added service from Buffalo first.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by prhs1989
http://www.syracuse.com/business/pos...941.xml&coll=1

In brief, it is saying that Jetblue wants to add a new destination to Syracuse, but they want them to lower their landing fees. (I bet it would be BOS or MCO, as their is no space at FLL). According to Neelman, "As soon as we resolve this issue, we'll add more service,". Is syracuse performing that well for Jetblue? I would have thought that they would have added service from Buffalo first.
JetBlue is doing very well at SYR, loads have been consistently good. Lots of pax flying from SYR-JFK and Florida on any given day. Wouldn't be surprised if in the future SYR-JFK goes to 320/190 mix and 190 flights from SYR-BOS and SYR-FLL are added.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 1:03 pm
Suspended

I was actually at the airline panel at Cornell University. It was great! Naturally, the people present are not allowed to talk about what was being talked about.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 3:33 pm
Suspended

I havent flown JB, but I would hope he does. As his orginal selling pitch that got him so much help from the politicians was to open up Upstate NY to non ripoff tkt fares.

I know there are only X amount of cities that JB can look to fly into within NY, but it seemed that they were more interested in flying to any where else than Upstate. I know you can say but now a person can fly to LGB via JFK from SYR. Im just happy that the orginal pitch hasnt been lost and forgotten.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by UA 882
I was actually at the airline panel at Cornell University. It was great! Naturally, the people present are not allowed to talk about what was being talked about.
Is there any hope of JetBlue flying 190s to ITH?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 2:14 am

Programs: *Wood Gold, DL
like when people express did it in the 80's
Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
I think sadly ITH is a lost cause for now. Cornell had to pay Northwest at least $40,000 and waive landing fees for them to fly 34 seat propellars from ITH to DTW twice a day. Maybe someday though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.