Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"TrueBlue" Credit Accounts??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2004, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

"TrueBlue" Credit Accounts??

I just booked a flight from JFK - RSW for Jan 20th -24th.

Now, The total for the flight was $196 but i had $120 in my "True Blue Credit Account" I didn't know they did this, and I didnt even know I had the money sitting there. I have a flight booked from JFK-SJC for March, and apparently the fare dropped since I booked the tickets, and the difference was added to my "account." Now, I wasnt ever told of this, I didn't know I had money in an 'account' until I went to book these tickets and the reservation agent said the total was $77 and I almost died.. I was like 'I think you forgot the return flight.'

Now, I think they should promote and take advantage of this account type thing. Of course like the other things with jetBlue; gift certificates and flight vouchers (which I have many of too) they expire 12 months after issuance. But it would be nice, to "cash" in these incentives and put them in this new "credit" account with the airline.

I love jetBlue, fly them whenever I can; but just think this trueBlue program needs a lot of work.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 5:53 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Thumbs up

Hmm..when my JFK-SLC fare went down $48, I had to call to have a credit issued. It did help though when I recently booked a MCO-JFK oneway ticket.
Total was $77.60 - $48 credit = $29.60 was all that I payed with my credit card.

And it came up on the website after I entered my Trueblue login info. Asked me if I wanted to use it. No jumping thru hoops or sending in vouchers or having to go all the way to JFK to use it. The whole Trueblue credit system is great

Jason
"I believe in a thing called Blue...."
Old Dec 13, 2004, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Well this is the ONE good thing about TrueBlue, yeah, you have 1 year to earn 100 points (but I always manage to earn that last point a day or two before the points start going away, hehe)... but at least you get credits when the fares go down, unlike other airlines. If you could get credit if the fare go down on other airlines, they don't make it as easy.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let me make sure I understand -- if a person has a True Blue account, he/she will get automatically credited for the difference if a booked ticket has a fare decrease. Correct? If so, then is this done irreguardless as to what point balance he/she does or does not have? And furthermore, if a person does NOT have a True Blue account, then what options does he/she have for getting a credit for a booked ticket that decreased in cost after purchase?

What I am getting at is -- is joining True Blue for the crediting of fare decreases reason enough for joining, even if a person does not anticipate flying True Blue enough to ever earn 100 points during a year's time?
Old Dec 14, 2004, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Originally Posted by amanuensis
Let me make sure I understand -- if a person has a True Blue account, he/she will get automatically credited for the difference if a booked ticket has a fare decrease. Correct? If so, then is this done irreguardless as to what point balance he/she does or does not have? And furthermore, if a person does NOT have a True Blue account, then what options does he/she have for getting a credit for a booked ticket that decreased in cost after purchase?

What I am getting at is -- is joining True Blue for the crediting of fare decreases reason enough for joining, even if a person does not anticipate flying True Blue enough to ever earn 100 points during a year's time?

Sure--why wouldnt it be? Do you enjoy paying more for your flights??? Not sure I understand...It takes about a minute to sign up and costs nothing.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:59 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club

Well from experience, i check the fare randomly for my flights and if I notice it goes down, I call up jetBlue and tell them and then they credit my trueBlue account for the difference. Its like your own personal jetBlue bank account hehe they deposit money in your account except the withdraw is only good toward a jetBlue ticket... oh yeah and the credit also expires 1 year from the date of the flight, not the day they credit you. (so if they credit your account on Jan 1, 2003 but ur flight is for March 1, 2003, your credit in your account would expire on March 1, 2004.) Thats what I been noticing... hehe I was able to get enough credit for a free round trip between Oakland and Atlanta back in da days... hehe.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kdinino
Sure--why wouldnt it be? Do you enjoy paying more for your flights??? Not sure I understand...It takes about a minute to sign up and costs nothing.
The problem is, I already belong to too many programs and have too many member ID numbers to keep track of. If contact information for me changes, a True Blue account would be one more account that I would have to update. So, obviously I would join True Blue if I thought there was something in it for me (other than free flights with points, which given the 1 year expiration of the points, and the fact that SLC is currently served only with two red-eyes, is not too likely to be a factor). SkaterJasp has indicated that there is other considerations (i.e., the account as a bank for flight credits) so I probably will join.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 9:39 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
The problem is, I already belong to too many programs and have too many member ID numbers to keep track of. If contact information for me changes, a True Blue account would be one more account that I would have to update. So, obviously I would join True Blue if I thought there was something in it for me (other than free flights with points, which given the 1 year expiration of the points, and the fact that SLC is currently served only with two red-eyes, is not too likely to be a factor). SkaterJasp has indicated that there is other considerations (i.e., the account as a bank for flight credits) so I probably will join.

All you really need to know to login is your email address and your password. Yes, I'd sign up--its a great perk to the program that often goes unnoticed.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 1:52 pm

Oh yeah can't forget about that cool little chart thingie that shows you how far you are from your next free award I hope they install a TrueBlue lounge at the new Terminal 5 with free Blue Chips hehe That would be sooooo awesome.

Oh and by the way, the only time you really need to know your trueBlue number is when you call up jetBlue to cancle your flight or get credit from a flight where the fare is lowered and have that balance transfer into your account. And also to use your credits over the phone, and booking award travel. other than that, I never had to actually know my account number for anything else. Plus if you don't know your account number, they'll look it up for you, the only advantage of knowing your TrueBlue number is to speed up your call by like 15 seconds when making one of those transactions I listed above.

Last edited by SkaterJasp; Dec 15, 2004 at 1:56 pm
Old Dec 27, 2004, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Yea Im starting to love this thing, I have 4 flights on JetBlue coming up. My roundtrip from JFK to RSW decreased in total by $50(Oh yea, and they kept me on hold longer then 10 minutes, so they gave me $60 instead of the 50, for my inconvicence!).. I called in, $60 right into my account, my flights to California, total of $100 decrease.. also, in the account.. already I have a nice $150 to use.

However, here's something I noticed. My flights to Florida ate Jan 20-25. The credit, doesn't expire until 3/20/06 How'd that happen? :-o No complaints by me!
Old Dec 28, 2004, 12:47 pm

Another good reason for using TrueBlue is to speed up online check-in as well as kiosk check-in.

Our kiosks can check you in via:

-TrueBlue #
-TrueBlue email/password
- Email itinerary barcode scan
- PNR
- Credit card dip

Makes it fast if you forgot the last 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.