Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B6: SMF Performance

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2004, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage, AF Frequence Plus, NW World Perks, RG Smiles, QF Frequent Flyer, SQ Kris Flyer
Question B6: SMF Performance

What are the stats like on the JFK-SMF-JFK service? Are the flights performing well??
Old Aug 18, 2004, 10:22 pm
ISP

SMF has far exceeded everyone's expectations.

For the week ended today (8/18), JFK-SMF ran at an incredible 98.4% load factor, while SMF-JFK ran at 92.3%
Old Aug 18, 2004, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage, AF Frequence Plus, NW World Perks, RG Smiles, QF Frequent Flyer, SQ Kris Flyer
Originally Posted by ISP
SMF has far exceeded everyone's expectations.

For the week ended today (8/18), JFK-SMF ran at an incredible 98.4% load factor, while SMF-JFK ran at 92.3%
That is incredible. I am sure that Delta Airlines is regretting not entering the SMF-JFK market when they advertised it in 2001-2002?
Old Aug 19, 2004, 3:10 am
ISP

I guess so!

It is my feeling that B6 initially entered this market to try and please the California politicians (hopefully get more LGB slots), but I think it has turned out to be quite a revenue generating route.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 3:11 am
ISP

I also hear that AA is limiting the amount of non-rev reservations they will take out of SMF because they also are running in the upper 90% LF range.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by ISP
I also hear that AA is limiting the amount of non-rev reservations they will take out of SMF because they also are running in the upper 90% LF range.
Is AA flying a SMF-NYC route now?
If loads are so high, they may try extending the SMF-ORD through the year.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by L Dude 7
Is AA flying a SMF-NYC route now?
If loads are so high, they may try extending the SMF-ORD through the year.
SMF-ORD
2 X MD-80
Summer Seasonal

SMF-JFK : No
Old Aug 27, 2004, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Very interesting. CO SMF-EWR-SMF has been lighter.

CO's service ends 9/7. So I wonder if that means some spillover to JetBlue.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Originally Posted by channa

I think jetBlue already had a following in the Sacramento area plus those in the east bay. I talked to many travelers from Sacramento and even in my little college town of Chico where people, especially me and my professors, would drive to Oakland just to fly jetBlue across the country to New York or DC. The drive from Chico to Oakland is about 3 to 4 hours (depending on traffic) and drive from Chico to Sacramento is always 90 minutes (unless if theres a huge accident). In addition, I think there are people who live between Oakland and Sacramento where they already flying out of Oakland but switch to SMF as soon as they heard jetBlue is flying out of SMF to avoid the traffic to OAK. Those that live in contra costa county know how bad traffic gets right before the tunnels and on the freeway to the airport. Than there are those that heard so many good things about jetBlue that by the time jetBlue rolled into town, everyone knows about them. Who knows, maybe their even drawing people from Reno too hehe. Reno is only about 2hrs away.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by channa

Jet Blue is at or around 95%.... Any overflow will go to alternate airlines!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.