Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jetBlue to Nassau, Bahamas!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2004, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
jetBlue to Nassau, Bahamas!!!

Now this is a vacation spot! hehe.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...Blue%20Bahamas
Old Aug 3, 2004, 5:04 am

Programs: Jetblue
Jetblue to Nassau

The best part about this flight is that the flight times are manageable. From JFK-NAS it departs at 8 a.m and the other way around it is 11:50 a.m. Good for Jetblue
Old Aug 3, 2004, 6:43 am

Its so nice they aren't trying to make this a redeye. Hopefully this one will include DirecTV.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Originally Posted by alidina
Its so nice they aren't trying to make this a redeye. Hopefully this one will include DirecTV.
It better cause Nassau is like how far off the coast of Florida?
Old Aug 3, 2004, 1:28 pm

It's 100 nautical miles
Old Aug 3, 2004, 4:37 pm

The press release contains the normal disclaimer:

DIRECTV(r) service is not available on flights between New York City and Puerto Rico or the Dominican Republic.
Nassau not listed, so I would assume it's not a problem - as it shouldn't be, given the proximity.

Two other items of note:

(1) Song announced the same service the very next day - to their peril, I would expect, although you never know.

(2) Comment from Neeleman: "David Neeleman, said in an interview that the delivery next year of Embraer's mid-sized E190 jets will give the carrier more flexibility to add flights to destinations such as Bermuda, Canada or Mexico."

I guess with all those new planes coming, he's going to have to broaden the range of possible destinations by a large amount.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Paulo
The press release contains the normal disclaimer:

Nassau not listed, so I would assume it's not a problem - as it shouldn't be, given the proximity.

Two other items of note:

(1) Song announced the same service the very next day - to their peril, I would expect, although you never know.

(2) Comment from Neeleman: "David Neeleman, said in an interview that the delivery next year of Embraer's mid-sized E190 jets will give the carrier more flexibility to add flights to destinations such as Bermuda, Canada or Mexico."

I guess with all those new planes coming, he's going to have to broaden the range of possible destinations by a large amount.
First off, they are not only going to use the E-190 on international flights. They could use them on routes that already exist. (I couldn't understand if you were only saying international flights.)

Second, jetblue took a great shot at song. Song was very quiet on the publicity of NAS. The only way i knew about it was because of another forum. Jetblue announced it in the morning, while song announced it in the afternoon. They don't look as good by doing that. I don't know about you but I can't stand Song, or as i call them, jetdelta.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 8:51 am

[QUOTE=prhs1989]First off, they are not only going to use the E-190 on international flights. They could use them on routes that already exist. (I couldn't understand if you were only saying international flights.)

It's time they had a decent low fare carrier from New York to Montreal and Toronto. The fares are very high; often $300 R/T. The only low fare carrier is CANJET. I would never go on them. Their 737s are about 30 years old and they only have 1 daily flight from New York to Montreal.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 8:52 am

[QUOTE=prhs1989]First off, they are not only going to use the E-190 on international flights. They could use them on routes that already exist. (I couldn't understand if you were only saying international flights.) >>

The fare on SONG from JFK to Nassau is $320; not such a bargain in my opinion. I wonder what JetBlues will be.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 10:01 am

The fare on SONG from JFK to Nassau is $320; not such a bargain in my opinion. I wonder what JetBlues will be.[/QUOTE]

I believe that they said that the introductory fare would be $139.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 10:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, SPG Platinum / Ambassador / Lifetime Gold, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by Bretteee
It's time they had a decent low fare carrier from New York to Montreal and Toronto. The fares are very high; often $300 R/T. The only low fare carrier is CANJET. I would never go on them. Their 737s are about 30 years old and they only have 1 daily flight from New York to Montreal.
I agree. B6 service to Canada would be welcome.

Although Jetsgo has pretty good (and inexpensive) service between Newark and Toronto. www.jetsgo.com
Old Aug 5, 2004, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jumpgate
I agree. B6 service to Canada would be welcome.
lthough Jetsgo has pretty good (and inexpensive) service between Newark and Toronto. www.jetsgo.com
Wow taxes are high. The fare from LGA to Toronto is $38 R/T and the tax is about $100. But what I find weird is that the Jetsgo web site does not even tell you what aircraft they use!
Old Aug 5, 2004, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bretteee
Wow taxes are high. The fare from LGA to Toronto is $38 R/T and the tax is about $100. But what I find weird is that the Jetsgo web site does not even tell you what aircraft they use!
Jetsgo uses MD80s and F100.
Old Aug 6, 2004, 9:23 am

So JETSGO planes if F100s and MD 80s are probably also old like CANJET.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.