Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bike and Fly

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Bike and Fly

It isn't often you see an Airline involved in a bicycle promotion...
I also found it interesting that directtv isn't available to PR or DR. What do they show on those TVs on the flights?

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/040706/60349.html

NEW YORK, July 6, 2004 (PRIMEZONE) -- As Lance Armstrong launches his quest to win his sixth consecutive Tour de France, JetBlue (NasdaqNM:JBLU - News), Outdoor Life(R) Network and DIRECTV will set a record of their own by becoming the first to offer continuous in-flight coverage of the three-week bicycle race. The 2,126-mile race began on July 3rd, and is followed by 20 grueling stages. The Tour concludes on July 25.

To celebrate this unique opportunity to watch Lance in France in-flight, JetBlue is waiving the $50 checked baggage fee for customers traveling with bicycles in July.

Note: DIRECTV(R) service is not available on flights between New York City and Puerto Rico or the Dominican Republic.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 11:40 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Originally Posted by L Dude 7
It isn't often you see an Airline involved in a bicycle promotion...
I also found it interesting that directtv isn't available to PR or DR. What do they show on those TVs on the flights?

On flights with DirecTV... channels listed here. http://jetblue.com/havefun/directv/guide/channels.html
and also what ever they have on those new Fox Pay Per view thingie.

On flights to Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic, I think it will just be what ever is on the new Fox thingie that their installing and testing on their planes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.