Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue coming to BOS!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2003, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 2P, B6
First of all, I would not be surprised if JFK-BOS were started because JetBlue feels that they might be profitable because Delta, USAirways, and AA are so expensive. Secondly, JetBlue has had more weight problems on the JFK-OAK route than the JFK to LGB and SAN.
Old Oct 6, 2003, 9:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bravo904:
First of all, I would not be surprised if JFK-BOS were started because JetBlue feels that they might be profitable because Delta, USAirways, and AA are so expensive. Secondly, JetBlue has had more weight problems on the JFK-OAK route than the JFK to LGB and SAN.</font>
Delta, American, and USAirways make thier money in the Boston-New York City market by flying to LaGuardia. While both Delta and American offer a handful of BOS-JFK flights, it is almost entirely for connecting traffic. O&D passengers go through LaGuardia. While on leisure routes JFK makes sense, on a business route like BOS-NYC, the difference between LGA and JFK is huge, and LGA will comman a premium. Mark my words, BOS-JFK is not happening.

And, yes, you are right, jetBlue does have even more weight problems on JFK-OAK, thier longest route. That still doesn't bode well for BOS-LGB, because BOS-LGB is still longer than JFK-OAK.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 12:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MAH4546:
And, yes, you are right, jetBlue does have even more weight problems on JFK-OAK, thier longest route. That still doesn't bode well for BOS-LGB, because BOS-LGB is still longer than JFK-OAK. </font>
Where do yous get that sort of info??
Old Oct 12, 2003, 8:07 am

Programs: UA *G
Well this pretty much finally explains the Manchester question
with 3 letters and 3 numbers.
ERJ-190
JFK-MHT I think is going to happen.
-JBLU.
Old Oct 12, 2003, 2:57 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Paulo:
Where do yous get that sort of info??</font>
From the Great Circle Mapper:

http://gc.kls2.com/

According to it,

OAK-JFK or v.v. is 2576 miles.

But LGB-BOS is just 27 miles further at 2602 while LGB-MHT is only 2 more at 2578. Also, ONT-BOS is ten miles less at 2566! So there is hope for SoCal to New England Service!

(From, To, Distance)
LGB (33°49'04"N 118°09'06"W) BOS (42°21'52"N 71°00'19"W) 2602 mi
LGB (33°49'04"N 118°09'06"W) BDL (41°56'20"N 72°41'00"W) 2517 mi
LGB (33°49'04"N 118°09'06"W) PVD (41°43'26"N 71°25'42"W) 2583 mi
LGB (33°49'04"N 118°09'06"W) MHT (42°56'04"N 71°26'13"W) 2578 mi
LGB (33°49'04"N 118°09'06"W) JFK (40°38'23"N 73°46'44"W) 2465 mi
ONT (34°03'22"N 117°36'04"W) BOS (42°21'52"N 71°00'19"W) 2566 mi
OAK (37°43'17"N 122°13'15"W) JFK (40°38'23"N 73°46'44"W) 2576 mi

[This message has been edited by HeHateY (edited 10-12-2003).]
Old Oct 16, 2003, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't see why B6 would have service between JFK and BOS as it is impractical for pax. It is so much easier to just take the train to Boston than it is to schlep to LGA for a shuttle. To have to go all the way to JFK for a trip to BOS isn't something I would do. Would others?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 2:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jetsetter:
Also does anyone have experience taking the first flight out of a city. E.g. if I got on the first flight on Jet Blue to depart BOS, would this be an interesting expedition or something special or unique? I am kind of thinking of taking the first flt out of BOS I think its to MCO on 1/7.</font>
I am also interested in doing this, depending on what exactly they wouild do to commemorate the event. I inquired about it on "speak up" portion of jetblue's website. This is the reply I received:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Thank you for your e-mail concerning our inaugural flight from
Boston. At this time we have not been made aware of the plans
intended for our first day of operation in Boston. Typically,
there is some kind of celebration to start service. You will
want to keep checking our website and other media sources such
as your local news station and newspaper for any announcements.
We appreciate your interest!
</font>
Old Oct 22, 2003, 8:18 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
I know for the inaugural service from JFK-LAS they had a contest where the first 200 or so people who brought cans of food for the homeless etc, won free vouchers on a JFK-LAS flight. Also think they gave away a bunch of free tickets on site at the gates as well.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 11:35 pm

$25 AMEX GC with BOS-DEN/FLL/MCO/TPA/LGB RT flight purchase

Register here to be eligible to get a $25 American Express Gift Card. As a reminder, you need to be a TrueBlue member (click here to sign up if you haven't already), and then use your American Express card to book a round-trip flight (or two one-ways) on jetblue.com between Boston and Orlando, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, LA (Long Beach) or Denver. Travel must be booked by January 18, 2004 and completed by March 31, 2004.

http://www.jetblue.com/amex/
Old Jan 8, 2004, 8:02 pm

I was on the inaugural BOS-MCO flight.

What a pleasure to have JetBlue in Boston! Competition is good. Hopefully prices will come down in markets serviced by JetBlue. I am not certain that the Customer Service Agents, Flight Attendants, Baggage Handlers at other airlines in Boston will step-up to the challenge; it is my sense that JetBlue constitutes a significant threat to the other carrirers (and their employees!). If I worked for another airline in Boston, I'd be on extra good behavior moving forward. There is no doubt that the folks at American Airlines consider this a significant enough threat to be giving a free ticket away under their current promotion.

I for one am willing to take some portion of the more then 130 flights that I fly every year to JetBlue, if they "earn" my business.

Regarding the festivities, there was a little pomp and circumstance, but definitely not much. Governor Romney was present, a plethora of Massport employees, some cake, and soft drinks. No champagne, no gifts (other then JetBlue buttons), etc. I was surprised by the absence of a gift/amenity for the inaugural journey passengers.

Two pair of free tickets were given out to two lucky passengers whose name was drawn from a hat. The President of JetBlue said hello, thank you, and farewell, and the flight to Orlando was uneventful, with the exception of an on-time departure and arrival, friendly service, comfortable passenger space, and TV.

On arrival at MCO, the aircraft traveled through a stream of water, compliments of the Fire Department.

All in all, a fairly subdued inaugural journey. This sure isn't the airline that Richard Branson is at the helm of (no fanfare). But, as a native of New England, its sort of nice to find a good company, good product, and good service, without a lot of fanfare (sort of like L.L. Bean).

[This message has been edited by BeantownDisneyFan (edited Jan 09, 2004).]
Old Jan 9, 2004, 9:15 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Thanks for that report on the inaugural flight. I had thought of taking the flight, but got tied up with some things at work. Can you let us know what gates at Term E in BOS B6 seems to use? Also what sort of snacks did you get?
Old Jan 9, 2004, 8:09 pm

jetBlue is currently using Gates 1A and 1B in Terminal E. I believe these were former NorthWORST gates (simply being in the same terminal as NorthWORST gives me the chills (like the folks who were left stranded on a tarmac by NorthWORST several years ago - - evidence of NorthWORST's horrible corporate culture)). If you are standing curbside, looking at Terminal E, the gates are to the far right of the terminal, on a concourse that seems to run between Terminals E and D.

jetBlue check-in counters are on the same side of the terminal as their gates. You ride an escalator down one flight to access the security screening point, and gates.

Speaking of check-in, I was surprised to find that an airline with such great in-flight technology, did not have check-in kiosks.

Snacks include chips, biscotti, animal crackers, oatmeal raisin cookie, etc. Not much, but enough to satisfy a mid-flight craving for carbs and sugar.

Return flight from Orlando to Boston was uneventful; on-time (early departure from MCO and arrival at BOS 25 minutes ahead of schedule), very light load (app. ten passengers), and good service (in-flight and on the ground).

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jetsetter:
Thanks for that report on the inaugural flight. I had thought of taking the flight, but got tied up with some things at work. Can you let us know what gates at Term E in BOS B6 seems to use? Also what sort of snacks did you get?</font>
Old Sep 3, 2004, 1:27 pm

From Tuesday's Aviation Daily:

JetBlue in September plans to take delivery of its first Airbus A320 equipped with an auxiliary center fuel tank that it hopes will mitigate winter weight restrictions on its westbound transcontinental flights. A spokesman said the airline will determine how many planes will have the extra tanks after evaluating the performance on routes from Boston and New York to Oakland and Long Beach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.