Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue coming to BOS!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2003, 11:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by audio-nut:
Using the very simple range chart on the airbus site, the range appears to be 2600 miles. BUT this is very general and can be off many miles either way due to optional equipment (like IFE), heavier than standard baggage loads (like the SJU market), different avionics packages, etc

edited to add: B6 has stated that they are taking out 6 seats for conmfort but most believe that the aircraft are too heavy for the long transcons.

[This message has been edited by audio-nut (edited 09-30-2003).]
</font>

They are taking the seats out to accomodate space for wheelchair storage in the back because of a settlement that they made in a lawsuit regarding this. Their airplanes were not equipped with a closet large enough to accomodate someones folding chair if they wished to carry it. They aren't doing this as a good will gesture towards their passengers.

[This message has been edited by AS Flyer (edited 09-30-2003).]
Old Oct 1, 2003, 1:05 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AS Flyer:

They are taking the seats out to accomodate space for wheelchair storage in the back because of a settlement that they made in a lawsuit regarding this. Their airplanes were not equipped with a closet large enough to accomodate someones folding chair if they wished to carry it. They aren't doing this as a good will gesture towards their passengers.
</font>
That is incorrect! I was on a reconfigured plane yesterday and asked the FA about it. They said that they will put it on the seat in row 26. The settlement to the lawsuit is that they will start putting them upstairs instead of in the belly.

Old Oct 1, 2003, 5:43 am

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
gah! was hoping jetblue would start off with service to JFK. talk about a route that could use the competition--i'm sick of paying $450 roundtrip to get to long island...
Old Oct 1, 2003, 8:30 am

Ditto -- I was hoping for JFK service to connect with what they have out of there (the same way as BUF/BTV etc.) Maybe they just decided that nonstop flights out of Logan were more important. I guess we'll get JFK feeders once the Embraers come on stream.

What worries me a touch more is that B6 and Song seem to be engaged in a fight to the death, and I have a feeling that DL has more capability to survive such a fight. Maybe not, with the trad airlines the way they are, but if I were Neeleman I'm not convinced I'd deliberately go into markets Song is already in. Presumably he knows something I don't -- I guess that's pretty likely

But DEN? Why DEN? And did you notice they've rejigged the DEN-JFK flight to depart at 1:10am??
Old Oct 1, 2003, 10:25 am

JetBlue, get your act together farewise on the new BOS-TPA route! The lowest fares I can find in FEB are $200 roundtrip, and on Fri/Sun the fares are as high as $150-$200 EACH WAY.

If you are just going to match the Song fares, it wouldn't help very mutch and I'll have to keep patronizing MHT and Southwest's REFUNDABLE MAXIMUM fare of $179 (I think) each way.

Grrrr
Old Oct 1, 2003, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 2P, B6
I would think BOS-LGB would be coming soon. Range should not be an issue and I wouldn't be surprised if a Boston-JFK popped up soon as well.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 12:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by audio-nut:
That is incorrect! I was on a reconfigured plane yesterday and asked the FA about it. They said that they will put it on the seat in row 26. The settlement to the lawsuit is that they will start putting them upstairs instead of in the belly.

</font>
All you need to do is go back and do a search through some of the news sites and you can see for yourself. They are ONLY removing seats to accomodate their settlement.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 1:50 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AS Flyer:
All you need to do is go back and do a search through some of the news sites and you can see for yourself. They are ONLY removing seats to accomodate their settlement.</font>
I just got off the phone with B6's res line. If you request to have a wheelchair on board one of the newly modified aircraft, they will be put in row 26. There is no cubby or closet deadacated to them.

To back up my claim of reducing seating for range purposes (and also the now increased average baggage weights) look in the AA forum, here, for a post by "AS Flyer", as to weight issues.

Bottom line is BOS-CA runs are not going to be feasible because of weight issues.

Old Oct 2, 2003, 12:08 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Has anyone figured out what terminal Jet Blue will operate out of in BOS? D perhaps? Also does anyone have experience taking the first flight out of a city. E.g. if I got on the first flight on Jet Blue to depart BOS, would this be an interesting expedition or something special or unique? I am kind of thinking of taking the first flt out of BOS I think its to MCO on 1/7. Perhaps then I would come back on Song and compare the two. Hopefully at least in directly competing markets, Song will have the tv screens set up by then.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
As a PR professional--I can guarantee you they will have either a big event/giveaway at Logan, or something for all the passengers onboard the first flightsl, etc. expect a nice article that day in The Globe and Herald as well (if their reps can pitch...)
Old Oct 2, 2003, 3:34 pm

jetsetter - according to this Front Page story in the Boston Globe on 10/1/03, see:

http://www.boston.com/business/artic...eads_to_logan/

"It will fly out of Terminal E but move to Terminal C after construction on a new Terminal A is completed in 2005."
Old Oct 5, 2003, 12:24 am

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by steve100:
This is AWESOME news! Maybe the prices in the Boston market will come down now (for all carriers). I've been traveling to Manchester, NH or Providence, RI to get the cheap fares....

But now, with AirTran, ATA, and JetBlue all flying out of Boston, things are looking up! Now, if SouthWest would only start flying out of BOS, that would be great!
</font>
Yes, but do you really want to use an airport as mis-managed as Logan? And be in a place where Staties are allowed to carry machine guns?
Old Oct 5, 2003, 5:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HeHateY:
Yes, but do you really want to use an airport as mis-managed as Logan?</font>
They already choose JFK...

also RE: BOS transcon range
UAL runs thrice daily BOS-LAX on a A320 eastbound and a 75 westbound. Care to wager why they don't run the airbus west?

[This message has been edited by audio-nut (edited 10-05-2003).]
Old Oct 5, 2003, 3:56 pm
KGB

Programs: DL, Marriott, Hilton
Jet stream resistance? (Wind resistance)?
Old Oct 6, 2003, 11:08 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bravo904:
I would think BOS-LGB would be coming soon. Range should not be an issue and I wouldn't be surprised if a Boston-JFK popped up soon as well.</font>
Neither will happen. BOS-JFK is not happening for the same reason there is no IAD-JFK or ATL-JFK. It's a heavy connecting route and does not fit into thier route plans. Why do you think they are creating BOS-FLL/TPA/MCO/DEN? It is to simply bypass JFK. BOS-LGB won't happen for two reasons. The first being that there are no more slots at LGB, and while it is of course possible that they will eventually reduce frequencies in other markets, like OAK, that's not going to be happening just yet. Second, BOS-LGB is very much stretching the legs of jetBlue's A320s, which are not equipped with extended range fuel tanks and already have some minor weight penalites on JFK-SAN/LGB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.