Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Sched changes/new route

Effective 8 September 2003:

...Atlanta-Long Beach reduced from 3x to 1x daily
...new Atlanta-Oakland; daily redeye
...Lauderdale-Long Beach increase from 1x to 2x daily
...Lauderdale-Dulles increase from 2x to 3x daily
...jetBlue has lost thier 23rd slot to Alaska Airlines, hence the net loss of one flight at LGB.

Old Jul 22, 2003, 12:49 am

Good decision by jetBlue on the timing of the OAK-ATL, fills the gap that DL left when they downsized to one daytime flight a day.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
YES!!! No more flying to Long Beach than onto Atlanta... all they need now is a nonstop from OAK to LAS and FLL than I'm all set...
Old Jul 22, 2003, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SkaterJasp:
YES!!! No more flying to Long Beach than onto Atlanta... all they need now is a nonstop from OAK to LAS and FLL than I'm all set...</font>
OAK-LAS is not coming, so don't get your hopes up. FLL-OAK is coming, and an announcement may be made as early as September.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 12:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MAH4546:
OAK-LAS is not coming, so don't get your hopes up. FLL-OAK is coming, and an announcement may be made as early as September. </font>
What do you think the chances are of at some point seeing LAS-IAD (which I consider more likely) or ONT-IAD (which I consider less likely).

The funny thing is, when they started service to ONT, they touted what a great airport it was (and it is), how its a great spot for people from the inland empire vs. LAX, but once they jumped into LGB, it seems that ONT is left drifting with only the route to JFK, in spite of all of the original jetBlue press about how ONT had room to grow.

[This message has been edited by Danski (edited 07-22-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Danski (edited 07-22-2003).]
Old Jul 22, 2003, 3:20 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Danski:
The funny thing is, when they started service to ONT, they touted what a great airport it was (and it is), how its a great spot for people from the inland empire vs. LAX, but once they jumped into LGB, it seems that ONT is left drifting with only the route to JFK, in spite of all of the original jetBlue press about how ONT had room to grow.</font>
I assume this is because ticket sales were weak from ONT. Just becuz JetBlue says it's a great airport, doesn't mean the Southland is going to flock to it.

Ont is out in the middle of nowhere. LGB is closer to LA, albeit a 45-1hr drive.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

FLL-LAS would come before IAD-LAS. I wouldn't totally rule out an IAD-LAS service, but I don't think it is anywhere near priority for jetBlue. As for ONT, the daily redeye to JFK is likely all they will get for a long time.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 8:18 pm

What about a JFK-SNA, FLL-SNA, IAD-SNA? Is their room for any of those flights in Santa Ana? It would be great if B6 flew into there. JFK-SNA would be the best.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pofriri:
What about a JFK-SNA, FLL-SNA, IAD-SNA? Is their room for any of those flights in Santa Ana? It would be great if B6 flew into there. JFK-SNA would be the best. </font>
SNA is slot controlled, I believe by Orange County, and all the slots are currently held by other airlines. However IIRC US might be reducing SNA service, which in turn might free up some slots, so who knows.
Old Jul 23, 2003, 10:57 am

What is IIRC US?
Old Jul 23, 2003, 11:39 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pofriri:
What is IIRC US?</font>
IIRC - If I remember correctly
US- US Airways

Old Jul 23, 2003, 1:19 pm

Ohh okay, well hopefully B6 can get the slots
Old Jul 25, 2003, 11:19 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GWU ESIA STUDENT:
SNA is slot controlled, I believe by Orange County, and all the slots are currently held by other airlines. However IIRC US might be reducing SNA service, which in turn might free up some slots, so who knows.</font>
not only is SNA slot controlled, they also have a short runway, so much so that US used (maybe still uses) 757s instead of 320s for their transcon routes. For the uninitiated, the 757 can take off on a shorter runway and fly farther than the 320.

So for the equipment issue alone I can't see SNA as a viable airport for B6.

Old Jul 28, 2003, 11:30 pm

Programs: Airline free agent; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I'm sad to see the ATL-LGB schedule reduced by 2/3. I really want to see JetBlue make it in ATL. I assume this reduction was due to loads/profit. Did DL succeed in driving traffic away from JetBlue by flooding the route with seats?
Old Aug 26, 2003, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
As was mentioned elsewhere the reduction on ATL-LGB primarily seems to be slot optimization at LGB (loss of 1 slot to Alaska). Jetblue is severely constrained by fleetsize right now - once they get more aircraft the RJs, we will see them vastly improve frequency and network.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.