Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Route Expansion?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2002, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Route Expansion?

I am very curious to know where JetBlue will move next. For the past 2 years, their website always showed "service beginning on XX/XX" for multiple destinations.

Now, they have no new cities shown. I was wondering if anyone has heard of any plans relating to where JB will head next.
Old Oct 16, 2002, 3:26 pm
BA

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Gold
I think you will see FLL-LGB announced very soon.

I think you'll see a couple more LGB cities aswell. This will require JetBlue to reduce flights to OAK and LAS however since LGB is slot restricted.

I've heard that JetBlue is planning on adding 4 more flights from DEN soon. We'll see what they turn out to be.

Regards
Old Oct 16, 2002, 8:45 pm
cxn

I think we can all agree that Jet Blue is only flying LGB - OAK/LAS to fill slots. Once they expand into other markets, those empty flights will move to other locations.

That is the reason WN is no longer matching the one way fares LAX - LAS etc. Of course, you can still find 19 each way based on RT.

Christian
Old Oct 17, 2002, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have heard. I emailed JetBlue from their website and got a response the very next day. Very impressive---look at all of those locations! Those of us from the NY metropolitan area will now have a choice concerning non-stop flights. No longer will CO have the monopoly which it enjoys with so many cities. I had also asked JetBlue whether they will adopt the same policy CO is adopting as of 1/1/03 which is to charge a $100 fee for flying same-day standby. Here is that email:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">To: [email protected]
Re: e-mail received Friday, 10/04/02 1:33 PM

Hello Analise,

Thank you for your e-mail. Analise, we have provided you a list of destinations we are considering service within the next 4 years from JFK to: Atlanta; Boston; Canton/Akron; Charleston, SC; Charleston, WV; Charlotte; Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Columbia, SC; Columbus, OH; Dallas/Fort Worth; Dayton; Flint, MI; Grand Rapids, MI; Greensboro, NC;
Greenville/Spartanburg; Houston; Indianapolis; Jacksonville, FL; Las Vegas, NV; Louisville; Memphis; Milwaukee; Minneapolis/St Paul; Nashville; Norfolk; Phoenix; Pittsburgh; Portland, ME; Portland, OR; Raleigh/Durham; Richmond; Sacramento; and Savannah.

Also, over the next two years, Long Beach will continue its growth with possible non-stop service to Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Ft. Lauderdale, Houston, Orlando, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, and Seattle.!

Our policy allows passengers to standby on an earlier flight scheduled on the day of travel for which they are holding a reservation. If their scheduled flight is the last flight of the day, they are also
allowed to standby for the first flight the following morning. If they are traveling in a market in which we only have one daily flight, we allow them to standby the day before and the day after their scheduled
travel. Standby must be to the same city they are already confirmed to.

Please stay tuned to our website for updates!

Pam
JetBlue Customer Commitment Crew
</font>
Old Oct 17, 2002, 10:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
I wouldn't look for any new JetBlue cities in 2003. They have 14 planes due for delivery in 2003 but they have stated that their next priority is to "connect the existing dots".

Long Beach should see new service to several markets as well as Ft. Lauderdale.

The only caveat I see is if an oppoptunity arises to go into Chicago. You can connect an awful lot of exisiting "dots" through Chicago, although you would be up against formidable competition from Southwest and to a lesser extent, Amtran. Boston would be another good possibility, but with all the terminal construction going on there I don't see any reasonably priced gates being available in the near future.
Old Oct 17, 2002, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

JetBlue could easily beat Southwest and Airtran. Southwest's cattle-car seating is frustrating for a business traveller let alone a leisure traveller. The tension created is unnecessary. Airtran is notorious for being late and having some of the rudest FA's flying today.

JetBlue has the preassigned seats (as does Airtran) yet the seats are of comfortable leather and each is equipped with a satellite TV for all flights, no matter the destination. The FAs are some of the best I've ever flown with. Being proactive and friendly is second nature to them.

Jetblue has the best of both airlines: preassigned seating, same type of aircraft on all flights (as per the Southwest model), & on-time departures and arrivals.

JetBlue adds more and that's the friendliness, the comfortable seats, the satellite TV, and a travel experience flyers actually look forward to. Go figure!

I'd fly them in and out of either Chicago airport.
Old Oct 17, 2002, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to take a second & say thanks for the great info. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like JetBlue will be in my immediate travel plans as I did not see Albany on the list.

About 3 months ago I emailed JetBlue & received a response of "check our website". Way to go for getting that list!

-Chris
Old Oct 17, 2002, 12:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cxn:
I think we can all agree that Jet Blue is only flying LGB - OAK/LAS to fill slots. Once they expand into other markets, those empty flights will move to other locations.

That is the reason WN is no longer matching the one way fares LAX - LAS etc. Of course, you can still find 19 each way based on RT.

Christian
</font>
why are they even bothering with OAK and LAS out of LGB? Seems like there is more fertile ground continuing to develop the transcon market, especially where they already have a presence (Florida!). The majors have very high fares in these markets...

Old Oct 17, 2002, 5:30 pm

That had to do something at LGB in order to keep their slots.
Old Oct 20, 2002, 9:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Analise:
Also, over the next two years, Long Beach will continue its growth with possible non-stop service to Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Ft. Lauderdale, Houston, Orlando, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, and Seattle.!</font>
The sad part is.... unless available slots are extended at LGB (which both B6 and AA are lobbying for) then B6 will only be able to offer a single frequency per day to any of these destinations.... and that's after they axe the pre-existing high frequency to LAS and the Bay.

------------------
Smile.... your mother could have placed you in an A340!

[This message has been edited by 777-232LR (edited 10-20-2002).]
Old Oct 21, 2002, 4:10 pm

Programs: Whatever will get me out of Y and into C or F!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by phllax:
That had to do something at LGB in order to keep their slots.</font>
Yes, they can operate the LGB-OAK service with just two planes. In fact I flew both ways on Friday on "Canyon Blue" N536JB. Service to the other cities proposed will require additional aircraft, so you need only look at B6's order book at Airbus to see when the slots used for the OAK flights will start flying to other places.
Old Oct 21, 2002, 4:11 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ss278:

The only caveat I see is if an oppoptunity arises to go into Chicago. You can connect an awful lot of exisiting "dots" through Chicago, although you would be up against formidable competition from Southwest and to a lesser extent, Amtran. Boston would be another good possibility, but with all the terminal construction going on there I don't see any reasonably priced gates being available in the near future.
</font>
What if they were to fly into/out of Gary (GYY)?

Would you use them?
Old Oct 21, 2002, 5:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HeHateY:
What if they were to fly into/out of Gary (GYY)?

Would you use them?
</font>
Why Gary and not MDW? The latter would my bet for CHI service. Wonder how the 320 does taking off from short runways though - can it make it to the west coast w/o weight restrictions?
Old Oct 22, 2002, 11:05 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MUC Flyer:
Why Gary and not MDW? </font>
Because Gary is empty and is begging for an airline as LGB was. Both are about the same distance to their city centers (Chicago/L.A.), neither is served well by transit which make the parking revenue potential available to the airport authority for needed terminal expansion.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 9:46 am

I was just looking at the JFK IAH fares on CO - nearly $2000 for coach (used Dec. 2 and 4 travel dates)! Would think this route (maybe to Hobby as its closer to downtown) would be high on B6's list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.