Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

How long does it take for Paisly purchases to be awarded tiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club

New to Jetblue, I purchased some bags through Paisly to earn tiles after the status match. It's been about a month and there's no points or tiles in my account. How long does it usually take/when should I start to be concerned?

Additionally, are the tiles earned based on the individual purchases, or is the total amount pooled? For example, if I spent $280 on two bags (separate purchases), will I earn 4 tiles (2+2) or 5 tiles ((280+280)/100)?
Old Nov 16, 2023, 2:19 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA GOLD, SPG PLATINUM, MR GOLD, AX CENTURION, etc.
Good question. Have the same issue. Did the status match from DL Diamond and got Mosaic 4.

As getting the B6 credit card is not an option for me, I’m trying to get the 30 tiles by the end of the year.

Flew already TATL with B6, tiles have been credited 5 days later. Tiles from flying do not count only by full 100 dollar steps, but the remainder to the next tile is saved and the tile will be provided after filling up the amount the the next 100 with the spending on a next flight.

I’m still waiting for any tile and points credit for hotel bookings made thru paisly for stays 4 weeks ago.

i’m doing still the math, if I should buy the remaining tiles to fulfill the 30, if I won’t earn them …
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
I called and the representative said it would take 45 days to post. And the transactions will post based on the date shipped. Which means, if you need the tiles and you make a purchase on December 15, you won't have status extended until the end of January.

They also said that you are only awarded tiles based on the amount in each individual transaction, so you would only earn 4 tiles in my example. I said that didn't really make sense, but the representative assured me that it does make sense.

I don't know for sure if they were right but they seemed confident. Of course confidence is the food of the wise man, but the liquor of the fool.

I also haven't received my Blade certificates after 4 calls. Overall, I'm not particularly impressed with Jetblue up to this point.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 11:35 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hilton Diamond
I asked this question recently while on the Mosaic line for an unrelated issue. Agent stated that it very frequently can take over two months for Paisly to post due to the manner in which Paisly and B6 interact regarding confirmed purchase. My Paisly related purchases from early October posted this week, so on target with your 45 days.

My tiles have been based on cumulative spend based on all purchases. This number can be seen within your TB account; "travel spend" and "card spend" as two separate items.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 12:32 pm

so using this example, within my account I am $1.86 away from my next tile and I need exactly 1 more tile to extend status (all other tiles have already been earned)

If I purchase the cheapest accessory on the Paisley website at $15 I should meet the spend requirement and gain a tile right, even if it takes 45 days to post.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gcorrigan07095
so using this example, within my account I am $1.86 away from my next tile and I need exactly 1 more tile to extend status (all other tiles have already been earned)

If I purchase the cheapest accessory on the Paisley website at $15 I should meet the spend requirement and gain a tile right, even if it takes 45 days to post.
What I stated above, based on what the representative told me, is that tiles for spend on Paisly were only awarded based on the spend in that particular transaction. In other words, the spend isn't pooled so you'd need a $100+ purchase in order to earn 1 tile, even though you're only $2 away. I've only had one Paisly purchase post and one RT flight post. The flight had to be posted manually, so I can't confirm that this happens for automatic postings, but the dollar amount from the Paisly purchase was pooled with the dollar amount from the flight purchase. If that's the way it's supposed to work, and the rep was wrong, then yes, you'd only need a $15 purchase. However, if the rep was right, and whoever manually posted my flight credits did something wrong, then a $15 charge is not enough.

By the way, I'm at over 60 days out from the shipping of one of my Paisly purchases and still have not been awarded credit. It was shipped on the same day as the bag I did get credit for. I wouldn't count on it actually posting within 45 days if, for example, you had a flight on February 5 that you wanted to use Mint certificates on or a Blade transfer on or something. But the purchase activity is dated on my account based on the date the bag was shipped, not the date that points/tiles were ultimately rewarded.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Update

My paisly purchases have posted and the charges are all cumulative (pooled) with flight spend for determining tile awards.

I also had a paisly purchase that didn't post because apparently my trueblue number wasn't attached. I called in in the morning and they said they would expedite. It was posted to my account later that day. Which means there are people at Jetblue that can get paisly purchases posted correctly. My guess for the 45 day thing is that they don't want to deal with uncrediting returns, and it has nothing to do with "the way the systems communicate with each other" which was the reason another rep gave me.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
Update

My paisly purchases have posted and the charges are all cumulative (pooled) with flight spend for determining tile awards.

I also had a paisly purchase that didn't post because apparently my trueblue number wasn't attached. I called in in the morning and they said they would expedite. It was posted to my account later that day. Which means there are people at Jetblue that can get paisly purchases posted correctly. My guess for the 45 day thing is that they don't want to deal with uncrediting returns, and it has nothing to do with "the way the systems communicate with each other" which was the reason another rep gave me.

Thank you for the update! Do you mind me asking which number you called?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.