Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue Status Match for Delta Flyers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

https://www.jetblue.com/trueblue/mos...saic-on-the-dlBreaking up is hard to do.But who has to know? We’ve made it easy for you to cozy up to a new loyalty program and see where it goes. 

For a limited time¹, Delta SkyMiles Medallions can join the JetBlue family with an exclusive offer to match their status to Mosaic. Once your status is matched, it will be valid until 12/30/23, and you can then keep that status through 2024 by completing a challenge. Make the most of your Medallion with Mosaic status—and the all-new perks we launched this year—as follows:
Delta Silver Medallions will be matched to Mosaic 1  Delta Gold Medallions will be matched to Mosaic 2  Delta Platinum Medallions will be matched to Mosaic 3  Delta Diamond Medallions will be matched to Mosaic 4
Old Sep 26, 2023, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Very smart of them to do this, though AS beat them to the punch in the last few days (though I can't imagine there is much overlap between potential JB and AS flyers... then again I am an example of an east coast AS FF).

Out of NYC I expect a lot of people to jump on this. DL and JB are the largest carriers here by a wide margin.

I have noted elsewhere that a lot of people who claim they will leave DL are going to quickly realize they have no choice but to take DL to their podunk destinations unless they want to connect in DFW/IAH/elsewhere. A lot of the smaller DL destinations out of NYC are not served nonstop by anyone (except maybe AA), though JB has grown in this regard in the last few years.

There's also the IROP aspect but there's no point in beating a dead horse on that. Most frequent flyers at this point know Delta is relatively reliable whereas JetBlue is not

-J.
jiburi and hhdl like this.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:12 am

I'm new to status matches - i have delta gold, but will be on pace to reach mosaic 2 regardless - with this only valid through Dec'24, it doesnt seem to make sense to opt in, unless these type of status matches are historically extended? thanks
Old Sep 29, 2023, 10:03 am

Programs: DL Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by HonkyRed
I'm new to status matches - i have delta gold, but will be on pace to reach mosaic 2 regardless - with this only valid through Dec'24, it doesnt seem to make sense to opt in, unless these type of status matches are historically extended? thanks
Status match from Delta is only valid until December 31st 2023. But you can qualify for 2024 status if you do one of the following before December 31st 2023:
- Have a JetBlue Plus Credit card (with a $99 annual fee)
- Or earn 12 tiles to retain Gold status.
See here for specific rules:
https://www.jetblue.com/trueblue/mos...saic-on-the-dl

In my specific case I'm Platinum on Delta and already have the JetBlue Plus Card so it will cost me nothing to apply and get the status for 2023-24, and will do so. Might fly JetBlue in 2024 and this will make travel more convenient.
Considering flying to AMS in 2024 as well which JetBlue now flies to as well, but worried about IRROPS situation with JetBlue so will most likely still fly Delta or KLM instead.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:42 pm

Programs: Lots
Just FYI for anyone who has requested the match, check your account online. I never saw any email but just checked and my DL Diamond has been matched to Mosaic 4.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 8:26 pm

So far bupkes for me, but then again I got my DL Platinum status by lots of pandemic rollover MQMs and MQD waiver and not too much flying. JetBlue might not want me as an elite, and I can't blame them.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by robert4travels
So far bupkes for me, but then again I got my DL Platinum status by lots of pandemic rollover MQMs and MQD waiver and not too much flying. JetBlue might not want me as an elite, and I can't blame them.

I got my Platinum Medallion status via lots of rollover MQMs and the MQD waiver and was matched to Mosaic 3 a couple of days ago. I already have the JetBlue plus card but my status expires at the end of this year. Hopefully they'll fix this automatically.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 9:20 am

Holy .... I got Mosaic 4 on match. Does anyone know if the Mint upgrades can be used to book now but fly after the expiration in Dec 2023?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Holy .... I got Mosaic 4 on match. Does anyone know if the Mint upgrades can be used to book now but fly after the expiration in Dec 2023?
The certificates only clear 24 hours before the flight, so I don't think booking flights for next year will work if the certs expire this year.

I'm also trying to clarify what happens to these Mint certs if you complete the status challenge. Terms say "If the status challenge is successfully completed, the Perk You Pick end date will be extended until 12/31/2024". However, the agent I spoke to on the Mosaic line insisted the 6 Mint Certs I got as a Mosaic 4 will expire at the end of the year, and another 6 will be reissued in Jan 2024 if I complete the challenge. I suspect the agent was wrong but it would be pretty great to get 12 mint certs from this status match.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 4:12 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by MDtravels
The certificates only clear 24 hours before the flight, so I don't think booking flights for next year will work if the certs expire this year.

I'm also trying to clarify what happens to these Mint certs if you complete the status challenge. Terms say "If the status challenge is successfully completed, the Perk You Pick end date will be extended until 12/31/2024". However, the agent I spoke to on the Mosaic line insisted the 6 Mint Certs I got as a Mosaic 4 will expire at the end of the year, and another 6 will be reissued in Jan 2024 if I complete the challenge. I suspect the agent was wrong but it would be pretty great to get 12 mint certs from this status match.
Mint Certificates are a "Signature Perk," not a "Pick Your Perk." Signature Perks are issued every status year. So you got 6 Mint Certs when you were matched this year, and you will get 6 new certs next year as you will have completed the challenge. The catch is that the six certs you get this year expire at the end of the year, so you only have three months to use them.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Though I was matched to Mosaic 4, I haven't received any sort of email or call that some posters have mentioned. In a similar vein, I haven't yet received any sort of promo codes or links to activate the BLADE certs and the FoundersCard membership, for example.

Anyone else in the same situation? (I know that B6 is likely slammed with requests right now, but if I'm looking to buy a ticket to try out B6 service and, at the same time, avail myself to these benefits, I kind of need to know how to use these benefits.)

Is the Mosaic line similar to what one would find with the Medallion Line? Or, are they mostly focused on reservations/ticketing?
Old Oct 6, 2023, 8:49 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Though I was matched to Mosaic 4, I haven't received any sort of email or call that some posters have mentioned. In a similar vein, I haven't yet received any sort of promo codes or links to activate the BLADE certs and the FoundersCard membership, for example.

Anyone else in the same situation? (I know that B6 is likely slammed with requests right now, but if I'm looking to buy a ticket to try out B6 service and, at the same time, avail myself to these benefits, I kind of need to know how to use these benefits.)

Is the Mosaic line similar to what one would find with the Medallion Line? Or, are they mostly focused on reservations/ticketing?
Phones seem to be constantly swamped lately due to the perpetual IRROPS this airline is in.
hhdl likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 10:29 am

Applied a few days ago, was matched to one level lower than I'm supposed to get.

Anyway, I guess they haven't hit the 30k cap.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 1:49 pm

I'm DL PM thanks to pandemic rollover, applied for status match last Thursday September 28th, and got an email today that I was matched to Mosaic 3. Great! I already have the JetBlue credit card plus so matching next year will not be a problem.
Planning a TATL to AMS next February so hoping that I can use the Mint certs to upgrade then.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by robert4travels
I'm DL PM thanks to pandemic rollover, applied for status match last Thursday September 28th, and got an email today that I was matched to Mosaic 3. Great! I already have the JetBlue credit card plus so matching next year will not be a problem.
Planning a TATL to AMS next February so hoping that I can use the Mint certs to upgrade then.
Also matched to Mosaic 3, but my Dashboard is only showing valid until end of 23 even though I'm a long time cardholder. The Mosaic help line was unsure why it didn't reflect until end of 24.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.