Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Northeast Alliance with AA is dead

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2023, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/07/05/jetb...rtnership.html

Jetblue said it will begin unwinding its alliance with AA to focus on Spirit acquisition.
michael1023 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 2:40 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Knew that was coming. Made no sense to continue and now B6 can get out of it with no penalty and move on.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 3:22 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Unfortunate. It was the only reason to fly the dumpster fire of an airline that B6 has become.
Just hoping that already booked tickets are honored for reciprocal elite benefits and mileage earning.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 4:45 pm

never had any effect on me and never really thought about it honestly...
Old Jul 5, 2023, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Will this mean AA comes back to operate LGA-BOS?
​​​​​
Old Jul 6, 2023, 3:05 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
I did 3 or so B6 flights during that time and would have preferred if the Alliance had continued. Being based near FLL it added some options
Old Jul 6, 2023, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by cvision
Will this mean AA comes back to operate LGA-BOS?
​​​​​
That would be great. AA’s BOS-NYC schedule is pitiful compared to what it once was. After they cancelled the BOS-JFK flight we were meant to take last weekend, we had a lot of running around to find a replacement and ended up on B6. Now I have to fight for original routing credit with BA ExecClub…
Old Jul 7, 2023, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
On one hand, I am thrilled because it will keep the JetBlue scum off AA. On the other hand, I am on occasion said scum, and I won't be able to get into the Admirals Club anymore on a JB ticket and AA needed the lift out of NYC. I hope this means we get some more 175 flying out of JFK and LGA.

Originally Posted by S.R
Unfortunate. It was the only reason to fly the dumpster fire of an airline that B6 has become.
Just hoping that already booked tickets are honored for reciprocal elite benefits and mileage earning.
Wouldn't count on it... I mean on paper it probably will but good luck explaining that to JetBlue AO

-J.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot Silver, National Executive Elite, SIXT Platinum
I recently flew BOS-JFK on the CRJ900 in F and I have to be honest that I was disappointed that I didn't get a chance to fly B6 before the NEA fizzles out. The flight crew started the day super early and were obviously exhausted from their flown sectors, but it was the usual AA service. I was disappointed with the state of JFK T8 and the AC there, not to mention the distance necessary to get to the hotel shuttles.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by monius
I recently flew BOS-JFK on the CRJ900 in F and I have to be honest that I was disappointed that I didn't get a chance to fly B6 before the NEA fizzles out. The flight crew started the day super early and were obviously exhausted from their flown sectors, but it was the usual AA service. I was disappointed with the state of JFK T8 and the AC there, not to mention the distance necessary to get to the hotel shuttles.
T8 is a thousand times better than T5, not to mention more convenient for ground transportation as it's only one AirTrain stop from Federal Circle (versus three stops plus an inexplicably regular random stop between stations from T5). As for the flight itself, other than the physical seats on the E190, you aren't missing much.

-J.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
T8 is a thousand times better than T5, not to mention more convenient for ground transportation as it's only one AirTrain stop from Federal Circle (versus three stops plus an inexplicably regular random stop between stations from T5). As for the flight itself, other than the physical seats on the E190, you aren't missing much.

-J.
I assume it’s only one stop from Federal Circle for the time being while they renovate the closed T1 AirTrain station. IIRC the direction of the trains to the terminals from Jamaica and Howard Beach round the loop is now clockwise rather than anticlockwise but I suspect that will change back when they finish the renovation.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by salut0
I assume it’s only one stop from Federal Circle for the time being while they renovate the closed T1 AirTrain station. IIRC the direction of the trains to the terminals from Jamaica and Howard Beach round the loop is now clockwise rather than anticlockwise but I suspect that will change back when they finish the renovation.
For now it's one stop in both directions, but for arrivals it is always one stop. For departing it could be argued two stops if you transfer at T1.

If you are driving to T8, the road is three lanes whereas the T5 road is two lanes which turns into one (then two again) for both departures and arrivals. I only ever see traffic at T4 and T5; I've never had a problem with T8.

-J.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 5:09 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
The T8 Airtrain station is a lot closer to Terminal 8 physically than the T5 station is to the actual Terminal 5.

I'm disappointed. I just locked in AA status until the end of the year and now I can't abuse it on B6 anymore
GW McLintock and AMflier like this.
Old Jul 9, 2023, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by S.R
……..
+1 on this,

I have AA flights booked in October that I am planning to earn B6 tiles on…I am Mosaic, and booked them on AA.com and entered my B6 freq flier info.

seems like the Alliance will end on July 29.. Hmmm.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So the airline industry folded in half when the 6 majors merged, but what's keeping us from a competitive market are AA/B6 codeshares in the Northeast.

Glad the DOT has got our back.
salut0 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.