Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Time between Paris ticket sales and first flight??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers

Supposed to fly JFK-CDG on July 9th and hoping to be doing it in Mint. I know no one here has any special insight as to when Paris tickets will go on sale, but does anyone recall the comparable times for London service?

In other words, does anyone remember how long there was between announcement/online ticket sales for LHR, and how long between online ticket sales/first flight? I'm assuming there will be a similar waiting period.

Any thoughts appreciated! At 4k roundtrip in J on AA/DL/UA, I'm hoping B6 will help bring that down by at least 1-1.5k (at least for the inaugural flights).
Old Feb 2, 2023, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Considering they barely have enough planes to do London at the moment... they could probably open sales 3-4 months before the first flight, but there's really no way to know for sure.

UPDATE: current rumor is summer, and they are going to scope out crew hotels soon. Sorry I don't have anything more specific. This is just bad timing for you

-J.
OhDoctor likes this.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Feb 2, 2023 at 8:38 am
Old Feb 2, 2023, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Considering they barely have enough planes to do London at the moment... they could probably open sales 3-4 months before the first flight, but there's really no way to know for sure.

UPDATE: current rumor is summer, and they are going to scope out crew hotels soon. Sorry I don't have anything more specific. This is just bad timing for you

-J.
Thanks. That sure doesn't sound like an airline ready to be flying to Paris in 5 months!
Old Feb 2, 2023, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
Thanks. That sure doesn't sound like an airline ready to be flying to Paris in 5 months!
Just about everything is set up, so assuming they line up a hotel, they could start selling tickets tomorrow and begin flying in May.

Or it could take until September. Who knows. Well we know who knows but they aren't about to tell us lol.

-J.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 4:10 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
You called it. Just booked September
Old Mar 7, 2023, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Yup! Saw the announcement at 8:30am this morning, and by 10am I had Mint to Paris booked!
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:48 pm

Are the MINT seats on Paris flight fully lay flat seats, in pods, as one would get on AA or Delta, for example? If so, SImilar to Biz Class or 1st Class?
Old Mar 30, 2023, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Liphotoman
Are the MINT seats on Paris flight fully lay flat seats, in pods, as one would get on AA or Delta, for example? If so, SImilar to Biz Class or 1st Class?
They are lay flat mini-suites with a door. You can Google "jetblue mint Europe" or even go to jetblue.com for a plethora of information and photos. It is a typical TATL J experience minus the widebody aircraft and lounge access.

-J.
Liphotoman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.