FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/2087223-flame-free-q-thread-jetblue-ask-your-newbie-questions-here.html)

bilofsky May 20, 2023 10:12 am

(post withdrawn)

diburning May 20, 2023 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 35264862)
After the anti-trust decision, will we still get to use AAdvantage miles for JetBlue flights? And particularly out of BOS? Thank you.

Nobody here knows the answer to this. Wait for an announcement.

dreamer321 Jun 1, 2023 3:58 pm

Has the price of Even More Space gotten so expensive across the board?

I flew roundtrip LAX <--> MIA in January and to add EMS it was $81 one way and $78 on the return flight. I'm now booking a similar trip for the first week of December and they now want $160 eastbound and $200 westbound to add EMS. The cost of EMS is now more than my Blue airfare. That's insane. I would look at other airlines but a have money in my travel bank that I have to use or lose so I'm stuck with JetBlue. Hopefully, the price of EMS will come down closer to the travel date, otherwise I'll just settle for a core seat.

michael_v Jun 1, 2023 5:01 pm

I agree it's ridiculous. For my 2 hr flight EMS is $67 one-way.

Intheair2night Jun 3, 2023 2:28 pm

Yeah, it's a thing now. Jetblue wanted $105 for MCO-SJO (3 hours) a couple weeks ago. That used to be the max for cross country flights

martusd Jun 4, 2023 5:58 pm

Seat Map - Reliable for empty middles seats?

Hello and thanks in advance for your wisdom

I am flying B6 for the first time in ten+ years on Friday night June 9th (DEN-JFK red eye). The seat map looks pretty favorable for an empty middle, though should that not be relied on with passengers who bought the lowest price tickets? The A320 holds 162 and there are about 50 empty seats five days out?

On our second leg (JFK-SXM), very few More Space Seats sold, and pretty limited for regular seats left. Any tips for getting moved to an exit row/more space seatr or paying less at the gate?

Many thanks

diburning Jun 4, 2023 7:02 pm

Correct. Don't count on the seat map for an empty middle. People who booked Basic Economy and didn't choose a seat will be assigned those seats.

There's no trick. Pay if you want the exit row seat. If you don't, then American Airlines elites can select them for free at check-in removing that option for you.

truncated Jun 4, 2023 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by martusd (Post 35304017)
Hello and thanks in advance for your wisdom

I am flying B6 for the first time in ten+ years on Friday night June 9th (DEN-JFK red eye). The seat map looks pretty favorable for an empty middle, though should that not be relied on with passengers who bought the lowest price tickets? The A320 holds 162 and there are about 50 empty seats five days out?

This is the availability for B6 98 (DEN-JFK) on 6/9: Y7 E7 K7 H7 Q7 B7 V7 R0 W0 M0 Z0 O0 U0 S0 P0 L7 N0 so it looks fairly busy - would probably not count on an empty middle in regular economy

martusd Jun 7, 2023 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by truncated (Post 35304128)
This is the availability for B6 98 (DEN-JFK) on 6/9: Y7 E7 K7 H7 Q7 B7 V7 R0 W0 M0 Z0 O0 U0 S0 P0 L7 N0 so it looks fairly busy - would probably not count on an empty middle in regular economy

Thank you very much. Y7 likely equates to a very full flight.

martusd Jun 7, 2023 12:28 pm

Is there are not enough AA status members to claim the EMS seats, do they assign them to the basic economy folks, sort of the luck of the draw?

truncated Jun 7, 2023 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by martusd (Post 35312187)
Thank you very much. Y7 likely equates to a very full flight.

Not necessarily - B6 and AA availability only goes up to 7 in each fare class (while UA/DL go up to Y9), so it doesn't mean only 7 seats remaining, but given most of the lower buckets are closed it'll probably be pretty busy

tr3k Jun 7, 2023 7:25 pm

Booked Jetblue flight on another website (through credit card booking portal actually). It seemed to state that carry on is included, but I can't find that statement anymore.
The actual manage booking page on jetblue.com seems mum on that topic, neither yes nor no. Fare is listed as "core/economy", whatever that means.

Where and how can I check whether carry on bags are included?

diburning Jun 8, 2023 3:27 am

Originally Posted by martusd (Post 35312229)
Is there are not enough AA status members to claim the EMS seats, do they assign them to the basic economy folks, sort of the luck of the draw?

Yes

lowkeyflyer Jun 9, 2023 12:03 pm

Fro those familiar with AA, we have multiple different types of flight credits. We have trip credits, flight credits, vouchers, etc.

With B6, what are there? Is TravelBank the same thing as travel credit?

GW McLintock Jun 9, 2023 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer (Post 35317927)
Fro those familiar with AA, we have multiple different types of flight credits. We have trip credits, flight credits, vouchers, etc.

With B6, what are there? Is TravelBank the same thing as travel credit?

At JetBlue they only have Travel Bank. Any kind of credit or voucher will be in the form of a Travel Bank.

-J.