FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/2087223-flame-free-q-thread-jetblue-ask-your-newbie-questions-here.html)

lowkeyflyer Jun 9, 2023 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock (Post 35317968)
At JetBlue they only have Travel Bank. Any kind of credit or voucher will be in the form of a Travel Bank.

-J.

And the main restriction is that you can only use one TravelBank per segment right?

What happens if I have 2x $100 credits and want to book a $400 flight?

diburning Jun 9, 2023 2:40 pm

They're automatically combined when booking. TravelBank is treated as a total balance in all ways except for expiration. When booking, there is a slider to let you select how much of your travelbank value you'd like to apply to your booking.

lowkeyflyer Jun 9, 2023 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by diburning (Post 35318380)
They're automatically combined when booking. TravelBank is treated as a total balance in all ways except for expiration. When booking, there is a slider to let you select how much of your travelbank value you'd like to apply to your booking.

How about this scenario?

$100 TB under Person A
$100 TB under Person B

Want to book a $400 ticket for person C.

diburning Jun 10, 2023 12:06 am

That's different.

Only one travel bank can be used per ticket. So, either Person A or Person B can apply their travel bank credit if they book for Person C, but not both. They cannot be combined.

Shezarrine Jun 21, 2023 8:21 pm

Is there a way to see which flights are available with points? Any time I try to search for flights using points (and this was true in the past a year or two ago as well) it just says "no flights have been found for your search criteria," for various destinations, departures, times, and lengths. Not sure if this is user error on my part or their system is just .... (or both lol)

js1993 Jun 22, 2023 8:49 pm

Have an award flight on JetBlue soon. Got stuck in the last row of first flight and layover at JFK is only 40 minutes. Traveling with only a carry-on, and JetBlue has three or four more flights to my destination that day, all with seats available.

Do I need to sprint, or is this an easy and free rebooking/standby if I miss my scheduled flight? I rarely fly B6 and rarely fly without status, so not sure what to expect. Thanks.

js1993 Jun 22, 2023 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Shezarrine (Post 35352285)
Is there a way to see which flights are available with points? Any time I try to search for flights using points (and this was true in the past a year or two ago as well) it just says "no flights have been found for your search criteria," for various destinations, departures, times, and lengths. Not sure if this is user error on my part or their system is just .... (or both lol)

You don't need to be logged in to see award flights on JetBlue. If your search says none available, either JetBlue doesn't fly the route or there are no seats available. How many different dates did you try?

GW McLintock Jun 23, 2023 6:15 am

Originally Posted by js1993 (Post 35355075)
Have an award flight on JetBlue soon. Got stuck in the last row of first flight and layover at JFK is only 40 minutes. Traveling with only a carry-on, and JetBlue has three or four more flights to my destination that day, all with seats available.

Do I need to sprint, or is this an easy and free rebooking/standby if I miss my scheduled flight? I rarely fly B6 and rarely fly without status, so not sure what to expect. Thanks.

It shouldn't be a problem, but now that it's out in the universe I am sure they will find some way to ruin your day. But in all seriousness you should be alright; if you miss the flight, go to the customer service desk in the central rotunda and they will rebook you on the next flight. If you are connecting international there's a chance they'll hold it for you as that is occasionally easier than offloading and reprinting paperwork.

-J.

js1993 Jun 26, 2023 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock (Post 35355802)
It shouldn't be a problem, but now that it's out in the universe I am sure they will find some way to ruin your day. But in all seriousness you should be alright; if you miss the flight, go to the customer service desk in the central rotunda and they will rebook you on the next flight. If you are connecting international there's a chance they'll hold it for you as that is occasionally easier than offloading and reprinting paperwork.

-J.

Thanks for the reply. As it turns out, every seat on B6 from JFK to CUN now appears to be sold on my date of travel. If I miss my connection at JFK, what should I expect from B6? Do they only rebook on B6 or does the AA partnership potentially come into play? Is customer service (desk or phone) better/faster than the Twitter team? Thanks again.

js1993 Jun 27, 2023 5:31 pm

And now moot, thanks to two days of rolling storm-related cancellations.

People getting canceled today are now getting rebooked on Saturday. Absolutely no slack in the system anymore.

redtop43 Jul 12, 2023 3:39 pm

Mint Primer

Is there a primer or Wiki on Mint?

I am an AA elite who is moving to Las Vegas. I might occasionally want to fly LAS-JFK on Mint and I'd like to know what the scoop is.

GW McLintock Jul 12, 2023 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43 (Post 35408046)
Is there a primer or Wiki on Mint?

I am an AA elite who is moving to Las Vegas. I might occasionally want to fly LAS-JFK on Mint and I'd like to know what the scoop is.

Mint is... Mint :confused: there isn't much to scoop up other than it's a great inflight experience when everything goes correctly.

The DOJ has instructed JB and AA to dissolve their partnership, so as an AA elite you will soon be just like everyone else.

-J.

Bundy Bear Jul 18, 2023 5:07 pm

I will be in New York for the New York Marathon on 5 November and heading to Florida on Tuesday 7 November after the event for a few days holiday and a place to relax and recover.
I had been looking at JFK-FLL and seem to be a few flights a day, now in the past few days a few flights have disappeared from the schedule.

Was I just dreaming and got my airports mixed up and it really was LGA,

Options out of JFK are currently 6:00am 7:15am and then around 1:05pm does anyone think another mid morning departure will come back or just take what I can get now, either fly out from LGA at a better time or fly out of JFK at 7:15am.

I usually fly Qantas and then default to AA while in the US but concerned about connecting, as AA has a reasonably timed flight via DCA or CLT but 33 min connection in DCA and 30 min in CLT could just be asking for trouble and so a non stop is much better option.

GW McLintock Jul 18, 2023 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Bundy Bear (Post 35425183)
I will be in New York for the New York Marathon on 5 November and heading to Florida on Tuesday 7 November after the event for a few days holiday and a place to relax and recover.
I had been looking at JFK-FLL and seem to be a few flights a day, now in the past few days a few flights have disappeared from the schedule.

Was I just dreaming and got my airports mixed up and it really was LGA,

Options out of JFK are currently 6:00am 7:15am and then around 1:05pm does anyone think another mid morning departure will come back or just take what I can get now, either fly out from LGA at a better time or fly out of JFK at 7:15am.

I usually fly Qantas and then default to AA while in the US but concerned about connecting, as AA has a reasonably timed flight via DCA or CLT but 33 min connection in DCA and 30 min in CLT could just be asking for trouble and so a non stop is much better option.

November is a big travel month especially between NYC and Florida, and JetBlue doesn't claims that they don't normally oversell. Those flights that disappeared are more than likely sold out. If this is already happening, I would book sooner rather than later. Unless you are staying near JFK, LGA is more convenient to Manhattan and JetBlue's terminal there (Terminal B) is much less of a mess than JFK T5.

-J.

JALsnipe Jul 18, 2023 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock (Post 35425243)
Those flights that disappeared are more than likely sold out.

There are no sold out flights currently on the schedule.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1dda8db946.png

Best guess is that Bundy Bear was looking at MIA and/or other NYC-area airports like LGA, EWR and HPN.

With all city combinations selected you have flights nearly every hour: https://www.google.com/travel/flight...fu=EgYIAxABGAA