Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

LGW-BOS cancelled - rerouted via JFK. Options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

I guess that JetBlue has decided not to operate this route anymore or delay it. Really annoying as I’m only going away for a long weekend.

I’ve been rerouted via JFK. I booked mint, but obviously no mint on JFK-BOS.

This what I’ve been rebooked into.

I think that the layover on the outbound is far too short. I don’t have Global Entry. Thoughts?

Would they be willing to move me to the LHR flight instead? And to AA First on the internal flight?

Or even better on a direct AA flight or another airline in business?
Old May 31, 2022, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Depending on how far in advance you were notified of the cancellation of the LGW-BOS flight, you might have certain rights under the UK equivalent of EC261/2004; I would look into that.
ringingup and hi55us like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ringingup
I guess that JetBlue has decided not to operate this route anymore or delay it. Really annoying as I’m only going away for a long weekend.

I’ve been rerouted via JFK. I booked mint, but obviously no mint on JFK-BOS.

This what I’ve been rebooked into.

I think that the layover on the outbound is far too short. I don’t have Global Entry. Thoughts?

Would they be willing to move me to the LHR flight instead? And to AA First on the internal flight?

Or even better on a direct AA flight or another airline in business?
I actually might not be that worried about the layover — I don't think there are very many international flights arriving at T5 at that hour (the data from CBP says the average wait for a noncitizen at JFK T5 in the 3 - 4pm hour in the past month is 17 min), and B6 runs enough JFK-BOS frequencies (it's the flight of choice for slot squatting) that even if you misconnect there shouldn't be a problem with getting rebooked on the next one.

I think there's no harm in asking for B6 to move you to the AA nonstop LHR-BOS (since it's a B6 codeshare), but reports of getting rebooked on AA codeshares have been very mixed.

If that won't work and B6 demands you connect through JFK I personally wouldn't bother trying for AA F on JFK-BOS since that would involve a terminal change and it's a 40 minute flight, although again it doesn't hurt to ask I guess. And I'm also not a fan of the 8am LHR-JFK departure time, so instead would ask to move to a later JFK-BOS and stick to LGW-JFK.
ringingup likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

From Twitter:

Hi, ringingup. We're unable to rebook customers on a partner airline unless they're stranded and there's not another JetBlue flight within 24 hours.
Your options are to rebook another JetBlue-operated flight within seven days of the original or to cancel for a full refund to your original form of payment. Please let us know what you'd like to do.
Old May 31, 2022, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

The 8 am departure from LHR would be a killer, but at least it’d get me to BOS in the afternoon. I’d love to have a few hours to wander around and have dinner. Going to Maine the next day.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hotels: Golden Airlines: B6 Mosiac
Originally Posted by truncated
I think there's no harm in asking for B6 to move you to the AA nonstop LHR-BOS (since it's a B6 codeshare), but reports of getting rebooked on AA codeshares have been very mixed.
i thought transatlantic was excluded from the codeshare agreement?

yes they will re-Route you however you’d like. Also ask for compensation and they might throw a few $100 your way in your bank…
ringingup likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:35 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
I took the LGW-JFK flight in March in Mint. If you are eligible for Mobile Passport (US/Canadian citizens I think) they take you through the diplomatic line. I believe we were the only flight going through immigration and customs at the time. If you do miss JFK-BOS, there are a bunch of options to rebook you on between B6 and AA.

On the outbound, I flew BOS-JFK-LHR and misconnected with a two hour layover... the gate agents sent me to the "Just Ask" desk and they rebooked me for the next day (and it took a long time for them to rebook me). It's nice that the Gatwick flight is earlier so they can either rebook you on the Heathrow flight or rebook you on AA.

Originally Posted by HepperSchepp
i thought transatlantic was excluded from the codeshare agreement?

yes they will re-Route you however you’d like. Also ask for compensation and they might throw a few $100 your way in your bank…
JetBlue-operated transatlantic flights are excluded from the codeshare. They put the B6* code on a bunch of AA-operated transatlantic flights out of JFK (as well as AA 108/109 out of BOS).
Old May 31, 2022, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HepperSchepp

I’ve asked. They said:

We'd be able to refund the difference between Mint and a Blue or Blue Extra fare. Let us know what you'd like to do. You're also welcome to cancel for a full refund to your original form of payment.
Not sure how to take that. It’s an odd way of calculating compensation… I’ve asked for a more concrete amount.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ringingup
I’ve asked. They said:

Not sure how to take that. It’s an odd way of calculating compensation… I’ve asked for a more concrete amount.
They better clarified that it means that, if the new fair is lower, they’d refund the difference.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:13 am
Original Poster

It is a grey area of EC261, but I could argue that they’re in breach as they’re not providing comparable transport conditions from two angles: a flight with a connection and a leg not in business (which they just don’t offer on their JFK-BOS flights anyway).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.