Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

An Idea to deal with Expiring Travel Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

I have JB travel credits expiring this year totaling about $1,700. Had this idea.

Before those credits expire, use them to book a flight at least equal in value to the amount of the travel credit (for sometime in the future). If it turns out we cannot take that future flight, MODIFY that itinerary and select another set of flights in the future we think we can make (with a cost at least equal in amount to the value of those flights). I am thinking as long as we don't CANCEL the flight purchased with the travel credit, there won't be any amounts that post back to our travel bank to be forfeited. If this works, it would seem we can continue doing this until we end up taking flights which use up the travel credit.

Does anyone know if this strategy would work? If not, why not?

Thanks,
Harmoncove likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
While this will work in theory, I don’t trust JetBlue’s IT (and the time it takes to reach someone on the phone) enough to be able to do this without risk.
Old May 22, 2022, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diburning
While this will work in theory, I don’t trust JetBlue’s IT (and the time it takes to reach someone on the phone) enough to be able to do this without risk.
Good point.

Maybe its the best last resort option though for travel credits about to expire when you have no other immediate use for them? Recognizing the risk you rightly raise.
Old May 22, 2022, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by mgiannetto
Good point.

Maybe its the best last resort option though for travel credits about to expire when you have no other immediate use for them? Recognizing the risk you rightly raise.
You win the alliteration trophy today!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.