Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Do you think Jetblue will join OneWorld?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:10 am
Original Poster

With the partnership with AA and Alaska recently joining OW, do you think that Jetblue will join in the future?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 11:32 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I could certainly see them joining as a oneworld connect member, similar to Fiji Airways.

Though some days I question whether they have the IT manpower to complete what would be necessary for even that level of oneworld integration.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
TrueBlue partners already include AA, EI, and QR, so the case exists.

Interestingly, SQ is no longer listed on their partners page, though a page for SQ still exists. Not sure if this is ...... IT or if something is actually going on here.

Personally, I don't see the benefit to OneWorld in having a third US airline as a full member -- while the customer experience would benefit, the unreliability would drag everyone else down. The most logical way I could see it happening is through a merger with AA or AS, but not joining on their own.

-J.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:55 pm

The reason why JetBlue to one world makes sense is because of it's huge presence at jfk. With aa expected to hand off more flying to JetBlue in jfk, the rest of one world partners will not have the same connetion benefit. Frankly, b6 would bring a lot more to one world than as does.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Seems to make sense from a partnership perspective, but the downside from a competition point of view would be their London flights probably get a bit more expensive as part of the BA/AA Transatlantic partnership.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:29 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Dn10
Seems to make sense from a partnership perspective, but the downside from a competition point of view would be their London flights probably get a bit more expensive as part of the BA/AA Transatlantic partnership.
They can be in oneworld without joining the transatlantic JV. Alliance members don’t coordinate scheduling or pricing. But if they wanted to join the JV there would likely be significant regulatory hurdles.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Not a good idea! There's no way to join OW. Absolutely not!
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Not after today... lol.

If JB+NK really do merge there is no way in hell they will get into OW. I would expect a combination of OW not wanting them, and the DOJ prohibiting it.

-J.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
TrueBlue partners already include AA, EI, and QR, so the case exists.

Interestingly, SQ is no longer listed on their partners page, though a page for SQ still exists. Not sure if this is ...... IT or if something is actually going on here.

Personally, I don't see the benefit to OneWorld in having a third US airline as a full member -- while the customer experience would benefit, the unreliability would drag everyone else down. The most logical way I could see it happening is through a merger with AA or AS, but not joining on their own.

-J.
AA is the largest airline in the world by miles flown. The DOJ will not allow any the the big 4 US carriers to merge and get larger. AS could combine with B6, but not AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.