Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

An important message about your upcoming JetBlue flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos

Got this dreaded email over the weekend.

My flights have changed. One of them now lands one minute earlier. The return now lands one minute later. I am guessing a wormhole has been discovered or one has been lost? Or they know what the winds are going to be in July?

Can they get a different subject line when the change IS NOT "IMPORTANT"? I understand folks may want to know about a 5 minute change. But don't send the OMG I HOPE THIS ISN'T A BIG DEAL email when the change is minimal!
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: Free agent
Count yourself lucky, I've had a change on every leg I've booked the last 6 months.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Still 3 months to go. I do expect additional changes. Perhaps even IMPORTANT ones
Old Apr 12, 2022, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Another Important Message: 2 minute change yesterday on the same flight. This one I had to ACCEPT CHANGES.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Another Important Message: 2 minute change yesterday on the same flight. This one I had to ACCEPT CHANGES.
I had to do that once, but also type out my name in lieu of a digital signature. The weirdest thing.

-J.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:47 am
Original Poster

AND THEN last night I got a phone call about the same change with a badly computerized voice s l o w l y .. s p e l l i n g .. o u t .. t h e .. c h a n g e s

And an invite to call customer support with any questions. Like they'd answer in under 3 hours.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I saw a message that said ""An important message about your upcoming JetBlue flight"

But then I realized I was on FlyerTalk and it was just an update on this thread. This is why you don't go on FT half-asleep.

-J.
michael1023 and mikejeep like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by Out of my Element
AND THEN last night I got a phone call about the same change with a badly computerized voice s l o w l y .. s p e l l i n g .. o u t .. t h e .. c h a n g e s.
I got the same voicemail a day after a recent cancelled (oops, "disrupted") flight.. after the flight in the message would have already departed (had that not been cancelled too). Then I got another one for a flight I wasn't even booked on any more, because I had gotten myself moved onto an AA flight.

JetBlue IT desperately needs help.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by mikejeep
I got the same voicemail a day after a recent cancelled (oops, "disrupted") flight.. after the flight in the message would have already departed (had that not been cancelled too). Then I got another one for a flight I wasn't even booked on any more, because I had gotten myself moved onto an AA flight.

JetBlue IT desperately needs help.
Did JetBluel switch you upon your request to an AA flight or did you cancel your JetBlue flight and purchase on AA?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by Propro
Did JetBluel switch you upon your request to an AA flight or did you cancel your JetBlue flight and purchase on AA?
They switched me upon request over the phone. I was told at the airport that AA was an option, both for cancellation rebookings and regular SDC requests. Even changed airports in the same market (BOS to MHT).. that's a huge bonus in this area, as JetBlue doesn't fly out of MHT.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 7:19 am
Original Poster

And another "Please confirm" email last night. Sheesh
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:24 am

Well, it's definitely better for JetBlue to over communicate a flight change rather than to under communicate the change. They likely have a single email template they use for all flight change notifications which is a pretty common practice. I'd rather decide what is a material change for my schedule rather than have JetBlue draw an arbitrary line and decide for me.
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 12:55 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Count yourself lucky, I've had a change on every leg I've booked the last 6 months.
Count yourself lucky as my June SEA-LAX merely cancelled (they have gone dark from May 31-July 8), leaving my travel bank reconstituted but me looking at pricier options on June 20th. Grrrrrr!
MSYtoJFKagain likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jjbiv
Well, it's definitely better for JetBlue to over communicate a flight change rather than to under communicate the change. They likely have a single email template they use for all flight change notifications which is a pretty common practice. I'd rather decide what is a material change for my schedule rather than have JetBlue draw an arbitrary line and decide for me.
I agree with everything that you said... When people don't get a notification that there's a small schedule change, they will want to complain about that too!

I'm fine with Jetblue keeping people informed no matter how small the schedule change. If this is what we are complaining about with everything else going on in this world currently... 🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️
jjbiv likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:28 pm

In my case An important message worked in my favor, as I wanted to go SJO-PHL on May 31, but it was a significantly cheaper fare on June 1 so even with hotel and expenses it was worthwhile to stay. Now, as of June 1, the FLL-PHL late connection is gone so they important messaged me back to May 31. Please don't tell them I'm happy with the change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.