Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Multiple travel bank credits for one reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple travel bank credits for one reservation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Question Multiple travel bank credits for one reservation

Is this possible? I asked Jetblue Twitter and they said it was possible if I called in. When I called last night, the agent was not confident with her skills (odd for JB agents) and said she couldn't do it.

The breakdown of credits is that there are 2 adults, 1 5yo, and 1 lap infant. The 2 adults and 5yo have credits. I would have booked everything separately to use all the credits but the 5yo obviously can't be booked on his own, solo res.

Thanks for any help!
Old Mar 19, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic
I just dealt with something similar. Each passenger can have up to one travel bank account applied per ticket. The travel bank owner does not have to match the passenger or even be on the itinerary at all. However, you cannot apply funds from more than one travel bank per passenger.

Last week I booked an itinerary for 2 passengers. I had credit in 2 separate travel banks; one was significantly larger than the other. Even though both banks combined were less than the total fare, I was not able to use the entire amount because each pax could only be linked to one bank.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by mikejeep
I just dealt with something similar. Each passenger can have up to one travel bank account applied per ticket. The travel bank owner does not have to match the passenger or even be on the itinerary at all. However, you cannot apply funds from more than one travel bank per passenger.

Last week I booked an itinerary for 2 passengers. I had credit in 2 separate travel banks; one was significantly larger than the other. Even though both banks combined were less than the total fare, I was not able to use the entire amount because each pax could only be linked to one bank.
Thanks - and were you able to do this online or had to call in? I have a situation similar to what you describe (two travel banks, each passenger has their own credit which I want to use on a new itinerary).
Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
Thanks - and were you able to do this online or had to call in? I have a situation similar to what you describe (two travel banks, each passenger has their own credit which I want to use on a new itinerary).
If you just want to use two travel banks, then each passenger has to book separately to apply their credit. This can be done online very easily. You can then call in or DM the Twitter team (faster) so they can link the reservations.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
My scenario was a Vacations package so I had to call to use travel bank credit anyway. I believe you have to call to use multiple banks on the same itinerary no matter what.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I recently traveled with my wife and two kids (DCA-FLL). The TV screens for 3 of the 4 of us were broken. The FA said we'd get a travel credit email, and about 24 hours later a $25 travel credit appeared in each of our 4 TB accounts ($100 total). If I want to use all the credits for a new round-trip, am I correct that I have to book one-way tickets for pairs of 2 travelers in order to break this into 4 separate transactions (logging into each account once to complete each transaction, and pairing 1 adult with 1 child on each one because the kids can't book their own tickets on the website)? If I call could I book this in one transaction?

I only paid $21.60 per ticket for the flight (netting a whopping 7 TB points per account), so the $25 credit actually paid for our flight and then some.
AutoSlash and GW McLintock like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:33 pm

You can use multiple separate travel bank accounts on a single itinerary if there are enough people on the itinerary so that that ratio is at least 1:1. So, if you want to book a trip for you and your child, you can use your TB and child's TB on the same itinerary. The only problem is that you have to do it over the phone, and the wait time is 2-3 hours.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 3:50 pm

Anyone know how many jetblue travel bank credits can you use to purchase a flight? For example, Southwest caps at three types of payment forms so if your travel credits don't cover you have only use two and another form (CC). Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by flower282
Anyone know how many jetblue travel bank credits can you use to purchase a flight? For example, Southwest caps at three types of payment forms so if your travel credits don't cover you have only use two and another form (CC). Thanks!
As was stated upthread, you can use a maximum of one Travel Bank per passenger. If there's more than one passenger on an itinerary, you can use two Travel Banks but one credit could not be rolled over onto the second passenger and would end up carrying a leftover balance.

-J.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 3:13 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
I understand that it is one travel bank per passenger. How about multiple passenger booked with one travel bank? Thus, can you use a single travel bank to book one reservation containing multiple passengers?
Old Oct 20, 2023, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by jeelele
I understand that it is one travel bank per passenger. How about multiple passenger booked with one travel bank? Thus, can you use a single travel bank to book one reservation containing multiple passengers?
this has never been a problem in the past. I've done that many times. Haven't done it in the past year though.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Originally Posted by jeelele
Used one travel bank account to book two passengers yesterday.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by HoldenC
this has never been a problem in the past. I've done that many times. Haven't done it in the past year though.
Originally Posted by notthatdeadyet
Used one travel bank account to book two passengers yesterday.
Thank you both for the confirmation.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 3:28 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
I was changing today my reservation that was made with travel bank funds and when paying for the difference it asked me to log into the travel bank. I paid from my own, but it seems I was able to log into a different travel bank to pay the difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.