Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

I know its been discussed, but what in the heck happened to Jetblue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I know its been discussed, but what in the heck happened to Jetblue

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2024, 12:40 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
If they don't change a lot in the next 24 months... that's generous Remember the new CEO is an attorney by training. I would be surprised if it didn't happen this year.
My question, is would a restructuring even help them?

- They don't have pension obligations, correct?
- Their pilots and FAs get paid less than counterparts at the US4, so there aren't rich labor contracts to be thrown out
- Do they have high lease rates compared to other airlines?
- Is debt an issue for them?

It seems that the majority of B6' problems are self inflicted, and stem from not running a good operation, which only they can fix themselves.
nsx and ysolde like this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:26 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by dw
My question, is would a restructuring even help them?
It’s this management logic:

1. Something must be done.

2. This is something.

3. Therefore this must be done.
fly747first and Vaterland like this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by rajuabju
First time I've ever flown B6 was this morning, LAX-JFK in Mint. Wife and I were in 3 A&C, and we were quite impressed with the entire experience, from check-in, expedited through security (which was faster than going through Clear or PreCheck at 6am out of LAX T5), boarding was quick (plane left a few mins early!). Once onboard, the experience was pretty darn good as well, flight attendants in Mint were cheerful, courteous and on top of everything. The Mint product overall is 'near great IMO. I guess compared to any other J product for domestic US carriers they are actually quite impressive. Just a bit narrow, and it took a bit getting used to the footwell/incline. But the seat, pillow, & blanket were all good quality and comfortable. Service was nice, the croissant + coffee + frittata were all well done. To top it all off, due to winds being in our favor, landed nearly 30 mins early at JFK.

Flying AA Flagship first on the way back, so it will be good for me to see the difference, but we definitely left JFK thinking we would be flying B6 again without hesitation.
Glad your first time was good----mine was maybe the exact opposite. JFK-LAX in Mint, able to secure a "throne" seat (single). As it was leaving after 9pm I wasn't sure if they would offer the full meal service but the menus were there. Yes, the seat is big and the pillow is nice but will agree that the footwell end can be somewhat claustrophobic.

Biggest issue was the service----don't know where they got these Flight Attendants from, but if they're trying to portray Mint as an upscale/premium product they definitely failed with service. One male FA was absolutely horrible, Stopped mid-sentence when asking me what I wanted for my pre-departure drink and then just left!. Luckily second (female) FA came and got me the drink.

But the male FA was either ADHD, new or just an idiot. He took my meal order where I had to repeat the items several times to him (he seemed to be writing them down but maybe he couldn't write??). Then when he delivered my meal, he dropped off the wrong items----seems like he got A confused with F. There were only 2 of us in that row and he couldn't get it right? It all went downhill from there, no apologies, no offers to fix it, nothing. Just completely a miss.

Even the surly, disinterested FA's on AA provided better service than this. Seems like they have a lot to fix at Jetblue.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by nsx
It’s this management logic:

1. Something must be done.

2. This is something.

3. Therefore this must be done.
We know B6's management loves to drink their own Deeply Blue Kool-Aid, yet they remain more lost than monkeys trying to learn differential calculus, haha
GW McLintock likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.