Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Domestic Jet Blue Connecting at BOS to Icelandair to KEF

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

I'm on a domestic flight on B6, connecting to FI in BOS, final destination KEF.
Outbound, will my bags be checked through to KEF when I check in at B6? And on the return, will FI check my bags through to B6 for my final USA destination?

On the return through BOS, I know I have to clear immigration and customs in BOS. How does this work for a US citizen? Do I need to get my bags and carry them through customs? Do I have to recheck the bags for the connection to B6?

Are the connections from and to Terminal C and Terminal E at BOS inside security or outside security?

I haven't flown internationally in several years so I'm out of touch with current procedures. Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Terminal E to C is an easy airside connection so it should be an easy transfer on your way to Europe. Not sure on the customs process on the way back or the bag interline arrangements between B6 and FI, hopefully they will transfer the bags so you won't have to exit security, reclaim and recheck them.
FlyingHi4Now likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Assuming your bags are checked through, on your outbound, your simply walk from your arrival gate to your departure gate. No need to exit security in Boston.

on your return, regardless of whether your bags are checked to your final destination or not, you will pick them up in Boston and carry them through customs/immigration. You will exit the secure area and recheck bags with JetBlue.

you will then go through security again.
FlyingHi4Now likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Is this booked as one ticket?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Is this booked as one ticket?

Yes- booked through FI as single PNR.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Jet Blue Seat Assignments

OK - I've booked the flight on FI, have a single PNR, and got my FI seat assignments

How do I get my seat assignments on B6?
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Ask FI for your JetBlue PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.