2022 Changes to Mosaic

Old Dec 17, 21, 12:29 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Posts: 5,225
2022 Changes to Mosaic

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblu...-changes-2022/

Regular Mosaics will receive free EMS upgrades--200 points charged max and 200 rebated after the flight.
New Mosaic + Tier will offer 4 OW Mint upgrades
sfozrhfco is offline  
Old Dec 17, 21, 1:07 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cape Cod
Programs: Free agent
Posts: 1,290
All benefits are for 2022 only.

Good positive changes but they won't move the dial for me focusing back to B6 yet.
MSYtoJFKagain is offline  
Old Dec 17, 21, 1:10 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,468
I mean this is clearly a pretty big first step to multi-tier system. Once you put this kind of stuff out there, you really can't take it back.

if you read this
"Four Mint Upgrades in 2022
  • Book in the back, move to Mint at no extra charge, with four upgrades that can be redeemed for any Mint flight (excluding London), pending availability 24 hours before departure. Upgrades can also be used for up to one travel companion on the same reservation. Simply book a seat for the core JetBlue experience on an eligible Mint flight at least 96 hours before departure, and Mosaic+ members will be automatically waitlisted for Mint, as long as there is an available certificate."
It's even geared in a way that will allow AA CK or EXP to use SWU to upgrade on mint flights.

The EMS charge + rebate seems to be a way to get around their awful IT system unable to process automatic upgrade.
tphuang is offline  
Old Dec 17, 21, 1:17 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,468
The obvious next step is that Mosaic members will be able to get MCE on AA flights and use their mint upgrades on AA flights.

And AA members at a certain elite level being able to get the same EMS upgrade and SWUs being used to upgrade on mint flights.
RWPrincess likes this.
tphuang is offline  
Old Dec 17, 21, 3:28 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: NYC / VA / LV
Programs: B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Posts: 355
https://www.jetblue.com/trueblue/mos...or-all-mosaics
easy_money is offline  
Old Dec 17, 21, 3:39 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: NYC / VA / LV
Programs: B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Posts: 355
The free EMS seats for Mosaics was long overdue. The FoundersCard addition is a nice perk but may not be of value to most. If Caesars Rewards Diamond is included in the regular FoundersCard membership, then it has at least a yearly $100 cash value benefit ($200 if enrolled and redeem by Jan 31).
easy_money is offline  
Old Dec 17, 21, 5:25 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 86
As someone who has been a mosaic for 6 years, this doesnít impress me and Iíll stick with delta now. The founders card membership is OK at first but then itís annoying to cancel, and the benefits arenít THAT good when you actually dig deeper (though the stripe credit can be beneficial).

The mosaic+ benefit of getting 4 upgrades arenít impressive either since they donít include London. In my opinion.
manlymatt83 is offline  
Old Dec 17, 21, 8:08 pm
  #8  
formerly wchinchen
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Honolulu
Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 556
Originally Posted by manlymatt83 View Post
As someone who has been a mosaic for 6 years, this doesnít impress me and Iíll stick with delta now. The founders card membership is OK at first but then itís annoying to cancel, and the benefits arenít THAT good when you actually dig deeper (though the stripe credit can be beneficial).

The mosaic+ benefit of getting 4 upgrades arenít impressive either since they donít include London. In my opinion.
HaleiwaFlyer is offline  
Old Dec 18, 21, 4:47 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,468
https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblu...-changes-2022/
I think this article's interview with Don Uselmann shows that this is just the first part of the changes to mosaic program. There will be more benefits/enhancements coming.

Given how bad JetBlue IT is, the biggest challenge to changing mosaic program was how to add a new tier, how to have an upgrade system for mint and how to achieve free EMS upgrades. Admittedly, the last one probably didn't require much work. The first two probably required quite a bit of changes. It was most likely done to align themselves with AA. Now, mosaic is essentially somewhere around Platinum and mosaic+ is a little bit harder than EXP. Even the number of upgrades is the same as you would get when you initially hit EXP status.

They didn't put that much IT resources into these things for the new tier and benefits to go away after one year. Most likely, we going to see some more reciprocal benefits with AA. Maybe they can align themselves with AS also. We might get a 3rd tier (like AA gold) in 2023. The upgrade process will probably get refined. Maybe the founder membership goes away and some other benefits come in.
tphuang is offline  
Old Dec 18, 21, 8:21 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NYC
Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Silver, D23 Charter Member, JetBlue Mosaic, Southwest A-List
Posts: 698
I've been Mosaic for several years now and this doesn't really impress me. I've never even heard of FoundersCard until I saw this announcement. They seem to be targeting customers they want(i.e. AA flyers) rather than existing loyal customers. I have no idea how often AA Elites fly on B6 metal but once this inevitably becomes reciprocal, it's going to be impossible to get EMS or Mint seats. That makes me sad because one of the great things about being a Mosaic is that you truly felt special because so few on the flight seemed to have it.
Sallycat and mikejeep like this.
RWPrincess is offline  
Old Dec 18, 21, 10:26 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,468
Originally Posted by RWPrincess View Post
I've been Mosaic for several years now and this doesn't really impress me. I've never even heard of FoundersCard until I saw this announcement. They seem to be targeting customers they want(i.e. AA flyers) rather than existing loyal customers. I have no idea how often AA Elites fly on B6 metal but once this inevitably becomes reciprocal, it's going to be impossible to get EMS or Mint seats. That makes me sad because one of the great things about being a Mosaic is that you truly felt special because so few on the flight seemed to have it.
As someone who was AA platnium/EXP for 3 years out of NYC, I think your fears about the second part is overblown. I tend to book more than 1 month out normally, but I've never had any trouble selecting my MCE seat of choice at time of booking in any flight I took with them. On top of that, I almost never missed a domestic FC upgrade with AA as an EXP. There aren't as many AA elites out of NYC as you might think. Aside from E90, all other JetBlue aircraft have more than 20% of its seats as EMS. I'm sure you will have no problem getting your EMS seat of choice at booking (unless you buy last minute and the flight is sold out).

If they do end up doing reciprocal benefits, there are rewards for Mosaic member also. If you want to take a flight to Athens or Rome or Madrid, you will be able to select MCE free of charge on AA 777s. If you become Mosaic+ and these mint upgrades work like SWUs, you will have almost no trouble getting your business class upgrade confirmed. Believe me, I've never missed an Y -> J upgrade on AA TATL flight into and out of JFK.
tphuang is offline  
Old Dec 18, 21, 10:38 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 86
Anyone know if Mosaic+ would beat Delta Platinum medallion? Now trying to decide which to earn for 2022.
manlymatt83 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 21, 6:30 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NYC
Programs: DL KM, AS MVP, F9 50K, Bonvoy Plat, RHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Natl Exec, Avis PC, Greyhound Road Rwds
Posts: 12,085
That is a really, really easy question. Which program will for sure exist in 2023? Also whose website will work >50% of the time? And finally who partners with a bank that is not Barclays?

I would go for even Gold Medallion before I wasted my time with Mosaic. But currently I am living the OneWorld high life

-J.
Daitheflu84 likes this.
GW McLintock is offline  
Old Dec 19, 21, 6:35 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 244
Donít forget no resort fee for diamonds at Caesarís properties, the resort fee + tax per night adds up quickly!

Originally Posted by easy_money View Post
The free EMS seats for Mosaics was long overdue. The FoundersCard addition is a nice perk but may not be of value to most. If Caesars Rewards Diamond is included in the regular FoundersCard membership, then it has at least a yearly $100 cash value benefit ($200 if enrolled and redeem by Jan 31).
TastyPlaneEats is offline  
Old Dec 19, 21, 6:57 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by GW McLintock View Post
That is a really, really easy question. Which program will for sure exist in 2023? Also whose website will work >50% of the time? And finally who partners with a bank that is not Barclays?

I would go for even Gold Medallion before I wasted my time with Mosaic. But currently I am living the OneWorld high life

-J.
Tell me about it re: Barclays! If I stick with Delta, will probably cancel my JetBlue Plus card. They wonít let me downgrade.
GW McLintock likes this.
manlymatt83 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread