Search

2022 Changes to Mosaic

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
2022 Changes to Mosaic

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblu...-changes-2022/

Regular Mosaics will receive free EMS upgrades--200 points charged max and 200 rebated after the flight.
New Mosaic + Tier will offer 4 OW Mint upgrades
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:07 pm

Programs: Free agent
All benefits are for 2022 only.

Good positive changes but they won't move the dial for me focusing back to B6 yet.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:10 pm

I mean this is clearly a pretty big first step to multi-tier system. Once you put this kind of stuff out there, you really can't take it back.

if you read this
"Four Mint Upgrades in 2022
  • Book in the back, move to Mint at no extra charge, with four upgrades that can be redeemed for any Mint flight (excluding London), pending availability 24 hours before departure. Upgrades can also be used for up to one travel companion on the same reservation. Simply book a seat for the core JetBlue experience on an eligible Mint flight at least 96 hours before departure, and Mosaic+ members will be automatically waitlisted for Mint, as long as there is an available certificate."
It's even geared in a way that will allow AA CK or EXP to use SWU to upgrade on mint flights.

The EMS charge + rebate seems to be a way to get around their awful IT system unable to process automatic upgrade.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 1:17 pm

The obvious next step is that Mosaic members will be able to get MCE on AA flights and use their mint upgrades on AA flights.

And AA members at a certain elite level being able to get the same EMS upgrade and SWUs being used to upgrade on mint flights.
RWPrincess likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
https://www.jetblue.com/trueblue/mos...or-all-mosaics
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
The free EMS seats for Mosaics was long overdue. The FoundersCard addition is a nice perk but may not be of value to most. If Caesars Rewards Diamond is included in the regular FoundersCard membership, then it has at least a yearly $100 cash value benefit ($200 if enrolled and redeem by Jan 31).
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:25 pm

As someone who has been a mosaic for 6 years, this doesn’t impress me and I’ll stick with delta now. The founders card membership is OK at first but then it’s annoying to cancel, and the benefits aren’t THAT good when you actually dig deeper (though the stripe credit can be beneficial).

The mosaic+ benefit of getting 4 upgrades aren’t impressive either since they don’t include London. In my opinion.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:08 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by manlymatt83
As someone who has been a mosaic for 6 years, this doesn’t impress me and I’ll stick with delta now. The founders card membership is OK at first but then it’s annoying to cancel, and the benefits aren’t THAT good when you actually dig deeper (though the stripe credit can be beneficial).

The mosaic+ benefit of getting 4 upgrades aren’t impressive either since they don’t include London. In my opinion.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 4:47 am

https://thepointsguy.com/news/jetblu...-changes-2022/
I think this article's interview with Don Uselmann shows that this is just the first part of the changes to mosaic program. There will be more benefits/enhancements coming.

Given how bad JetBlue IT is, the biggest challenge to changing mosaic program was how to add a new tier, how to have an upgrade system for mint and how to achieve free EMS upgrades. Admittedly, the last one probably didn't require much work. The first two probably required quite a bit of changes. It was most likely done to align themselves with AA. Now, mosaic is essentially somewhere around Platinum and mosaic+ is a little bit harder than EXP. Even the number of upgrades is the same as you would get when you initially hit EXP status.

They didn't put that much IT resources into these things for the new tier and benefits to go away after one year. Most likely, we going to see some more reciprocal benefits with AA. Maybe they can align themselves with AS also. We might get a 3rd tier (like AA gold) in 2023. The upgrade process will probably get refined. Maybe the founder membership goes away and some other benefits come in.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 8:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I've been Mosaic for several years now and this doesn't really impress me. I've never even heard of FoundersCard until I saw this announcement. They seem to be targeting customers they want(i.e. AA flyers) rather than existing loyal customers. I have no idea how often AA Elites fly on B6 metal but once this inevitably becomes reciprocal, it's going to be impossible to get EMS or Mint seats. That makes me sad because one of the great things about being a Mosaic is that you truly felt special because so few on the flight seemed to have it.
Sallycat and mikejeep like this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I've been Mosaic for several years now and this doesn't really impress me. I've never even heard of FoundersCard until I saw this announcement. They seem to be targeting customers they want(i.e. AA flyers) rather than existing loyal customers. I have no idea how often AA Elites fly on B6 metal but once this inevitably becomes reciprocal, it's going to be impossible to get EMS or Mint seats. That makes me sad because one of the great things about being a Mosaic is that you truly felt special because so few on the flight seemed to have it.
As someone who was AA platnium/EXP for 3 years out of NYC, I think your fears about the second part is overblown. I tend to book more than 1 month out normally, but I've never had any trouble selecting my MCE seat of choice at time of booking in any flight I took with them. On top of that, I almost never missed a domestic FC upgrade with AA as an EXP. There aren't as many AA elites out of NYC as you might think. Aside from E90, all other JetBlue aircraft have more than 20% of its seats as EMS. I'm sure you will have no problem getting your EMS seat of choice at booking (unless you buy last minute and the flight is sold out).

If they do end up doing reciprocal benefits, there are rewards for Mosaic member also. If you want to take a flight to Athens or Rome or Madrid, you will be able to select MCE free of charge on AA 777s. If you become Mosaic+ and these mint upgrades work like SWUs, you will have almost no trouble getting your business class upgrade confirmed. Believe me, I've never missed an Y -> J upgrade on AA TATL flight into and out of JFK.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 10:38 am

Anyone know if Mosaic+ would beat Delta Platinum medallion? Now trying to decide which to earn for 2022.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
That is a really, really easy question. Which program will for sure exist in 2023? Also whose website will work >50% of the time? And finally who partners with a bank that is not Barclays?

I would go for even Gold Medallion before I wasted my time with Mosaic. But currently I am living the OneWorld high life

-J.
Daitheflu84 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:35 pm

Don’t forget no resort fee for diamonds at Caesar’s properties, the resort fee + tax per night adds up quickly!

Originally Posted by easy_money
The free EMS seats for Mosaics was long overdue. The FoundersCard addition is a nice perk but may not be of value to most. If Caesars Rewards Diamond is included in the regular FoundersCard membership, then it has at least a yearly $100 cash value benefit ($200 if enrolled and redeem by Jan 31).
Old Dec 19, 2021, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
That is a really, really easy question. Which program will for sure exist in 2023? Also whose website will work >50% of the time? And finally who partners with a bank that is not Barclays?

I would go for even Gold Medallion before I wasted my time with Mosaic. But currently I am living the OneWorld high life

-J.
Tell me about it re: Barclays! If I stick with Delta, will probably cancel my JetBlue Plus card. They won’t let me downgrade.
GW McLintock likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.