Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Your wait time is 118 minutes"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 5:05 am
Original Poster

"Your wait time is 118 minutes"

I have to book something slightly complicated (airplane seat for a cello), which means I need to call. Yesterday I called and the automated voice said my wait time was over 20 minutes. I spent 45 minutes on hold, then the call dropped. Figured I would call early this morning and beat the line.

"Your wait time is 118 minutes," said the chirpy automated voice.

I really want to give you my money, JetBlue! Why can't you make it easier for me?

In all seriousness - is there some deeper issue going on at JetBlue? Between the many reports of website issues and this it's concerning.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 5:23 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Yes, they are a mess. Reach out over Apple or Google messenger. Much more convenient than waiting on hold.

https://www.jetblue.com/contact-us
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:56 am

Many airlines are having issues staffing call centers. Previously unheard-of call wait times are now the norm for the industry.

JetBlue is at a disadvantage in terms of at least one of their call center locations. According to their job site, their call centers are located in Salt Lake City and Orlando. While they offer work-from-home, prospective employees (oops..."crewmembers") still need to live in one of those areas.

Orlando has major call centers for both Universal and Disney. For a local, the perks of working at a theme park call center would be better than those of an airline. Free/discounted theme park admission would be far more useful to the average person than free/discounted airline tickets.

My educated guess is that the Human Resources have an extra hurdle to overcome when it comes to staffing their Orlando customer service positions.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I was quoted 67 minutes on hold with Delta the other day, but they had a callback feature. Incredibly, they called me back exactly 67 minutes later and I was pushed through directly to a rep.

-J.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:02 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I once waited over 3 hours earlier in the summer
Old Nov 6, 2021, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
Yes, they are a mess. Reach out over Apple or Google messenger. Much more convenient than waiting on hold.

https://www.jetblue.com/contact-us
but, can they help with any and all issues over chat? rebookings, complaints etc..
Old Nov 6, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, TrueBlue, SkyMiles, HH SM, Amtrak Guest Rewards
yes...
AutoSlash and GW McLintock like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.