Wiki Posts
Search

Cancellation / IT Problems

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2021, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
Cancellation / IT Problems

I have a blue basic fare that I am trying to cancel, but I'm getting a generic error when I try to do it online, and the chat / messaging verification form is also giving me a generic error. Is anyone else experiencing issues?
Old Jul 18, 2021, 11:07 am

I am. I have two blue fare tickets I want to cancel but the site says error and to call. When I called it was a 185 minute estimated wait. I will try again the day before the flight and I’ll maybe have to wait. I don’t know why they can’t fix it. I wonder if I’ll have more success on a desktop than on my iPad and phone.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 7:05 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hkcj
I have a blue basic fare that I am trying to cancel, but I'm getting a generic error when I try to do it online, and the chat / messaging verification form is also giving me a generic error. Is anyone else experiencing issues?
I also had problems with the chat verification form the other day. Entering my TB number and also checking the "I don't have a TB account" box allowed the form to be entered.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by itcheroni
I am. I have two blue fare tickets I want to cancel but the site says error and to call. When I called it was a 185 minute estimated wait. I will try again the day before the flight and I’ll maybe have to wait. I don’t know why they can’t fix it. I wonder if I’ll have more success on a desktop than on my iPad and phone.
Yeah, I'm going to do the same.

Originally Posted by vatraveler
I also had problems with the chat verification form the other day. Entering my TB number and also checking the "I don't have a TB account" box allowed the form to be entered.
Thanks for the tip! I'll try this when I do actually make another attempt.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 4:26 pm

I had the same issues canceling on both desktop and app. Tried multiple times over a few weeks and the errors never worked themselves out. I ended requesting a cancellation by sending a message using both Facebook Messenger and Twitter and my ticket was canceled within 24hrs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.