Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

LHR inaugural and Covid restrictions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2021, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

Dear all,

looks like the US still is not on the green list but rather Amber - requiring a 10 day quarantine.

If this doesn’t relax (as the delta variant continues), would it still be possible to do a two day turnaround?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:06 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Give it a week or two. The news outlets are all reporting that they expect the UK to relax quarrantine requirements for vaccinated travelers from countries on the amber list soon.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
If the next green list update doesn't cover the USA or there is an exemption for vaccinated travelers, I think that B6 would postpone the inaugural flight.
michael1023 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If the next green list update doesn't cover the USA or there is an exemption for vaccinated travelers, I think that B6 would postpone the inaugural flight.
I think you’re right. They may be postponed it. Due to COVID. Hopefully they will find a specific date for LHR flight.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Why postpone? If you're a US citizen, what prevents a two day trip, unless one tests positive? Yes, there are the UK amber covid test costs, but the US citizen can leave the UK.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by notthatdeadyet
Why postpone? If you're a US citizen, what prevents a two day trip, unless one tests positive? Yes, there are the UK amber covid test costs, but the US citizen can leave the UK.
Do you really think that all the media and the VIP's on that flight would enjoy self-isolating after arriving at the UK.
I assume that the invitees that have filled the Mint cabin and 50%+ of the Economy cabin are not FlyerTalkers that are OK to do B2B's.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:35 am

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Do you really think that all the media and the VIP's on that flight would enjoy self-isolating after arriving at the UK.
I assume that the invitees that have filled the Mint cabin and 50%+ of the Economy cabin are not FlyerTalkers that are OK to do B2B's.
I believe that you're correct in that "exemptions" will be provided to these VIPs in the case that the US is still "amber".
Old Jun 29, 2021, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by notthatdeadyet
I believe that you're correct in that "exemptions" will be provided to these VIPs in the case that the US is still "amber".
Would Sam Chui, The Points Guy authors, aviation journalists, etc... be exempted from the self-isolation requirement?
I don't think so.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
LOL, no chance that bloggers and travel journalists qualify for exemptions. The B2B rules allow for exemptions where at least 500 UK jobs are at stake and even in those cases you don’t get a full exemption, you still have to quarantine when you are not participating in activities directly related to that work. While I suppose you could make an argument that the B6 routes involve more than 500 UK jobs, proving that all of the VIPs traveling to celebrate it are “essential” to that would be quite the leap and would likely create major backlash in the UK press. Only hope here is that US gets moved to Green by then, and it’s not looking good at the moment (see OMAAT article just published). Maybe this prompts B6 to put some pressure on the US government, where this is really all being held up, but otherwise I think a delay is likely.
ISTFlyer and cmd320 like this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: Avios, TrueBlue, FlyingBlue, Mileage Plan, Bonvoy, World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
If we decide to cancel because there are still quarantine requirements in the UK, will jetBlue provide a refund or travel credits?

Last edited by ussvalor; Jul 6, 2021 at 11:48 pm
Old Jul 8, 2021, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
It looks like as of July 19, the restrictions will be lifted. But it's still unclear. Everything I read specifies that Uk residents who are returning don't need to quarantine. What about foreign travelers to the UK?
Old Jul 9, 2021, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zrs70
It looks like as of July 19, the restrictions will be lifted. But it's still unclear. Everything I read specifies that Uk residents who are returning don't need to quarantine. What about foreign travelers to the UK?
Just a small clarification, the UK self-isolation requirement is being lifted for only those who have been vaccinated in the United Kingdom. The country of residency does not matter in this case. A US citizen & resident who have been vaccinated in the UK could easily skip self-isolation but a UK citizen & resident who have been vaccinated in the US still need to self-isolate upon arrival.

There is no information yet available for any future updates regarding people vaccinated outside of the UK but it might be possible that during the next green/amber/red list update on July 15, the USA might make the Green List
delpiero223 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a reference,

Very few seats for the inaugural: B6 7 JFK - LHR on 11 August in Core are available for sale at this time.
Although, it's not guaranteed whether USA would be on the UK's green list by then.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
UK raised to Level 4: Do Not Travel by CDC and State Department today. Can I get my refund now?

CNN: US State Department joins CDC in raising UK travel advisory
Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:29 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by daslax
UK raised to Level 4: Do Not Travel by CDC and State Department today. Can I get my refund now?

CNN: US State Department joins CDC in raising UK travel advisory
Was your LHR-JFK flight affected by the ~4 hour schedule change? If so, you are entitled to a refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.